X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amusing insolvency filings of our time

In the companies court tomorrow:

CR-2017-009438 DUMP YOUR BUST BUSINESS DOT COM LIMITED

I spend a not unreasonable amount of work time browsing the Companies House "Beta" site, and my absolute favourite was a company director who'd listed his occupation as "Vape Druid."

(Not quite on topic, but it's not often that I get to talk about this sort of thing.)

That site has been "Beta" for a very long time now.

Comment

By the way, if you actually register on that site, do the search/filtering options get better?

Comment

I've never tried, because I get all the information that I need from the normal public search. There's gold in them thar hills, you know.

(I doubt whether it would, if for no other reason that it's all public information - tempted to when I get in tomorrow morning, though.)

Comment

Yeah, that's the same boat I'm in. Occasionally I wish I could do a more sophisticated filter, but it's not important enough to actually register. Most of the time I'm just searching for a specific company.

Comment

Personal favourite instance of this was the time Astute Loss Prevention Ltd went into liquidation.

Comment

Friday 2 March 2018
              At 10:30 AM

Chancery Trial

IP-2017-000061 Henry Hate T/A Prick and another v Prick Me Baby One More Time Limited T/A Prick and another
              Not an insolvency filing, but still: Prick v Prick.

Comment

I suspect there will be a bit of a media scrum on Fetter Lane tomorrow

Before INSOLVENCY AND COMPANIES JUDGE JONES

Tuesday 13 March 2018

Robed

At 10:30 AM

Public Examination Court

BR-2015-002676 (1314/2015) Showai Z

BR-2017-000595 Boris Franz Becker

Comment

Celebrity packed day in court tomorrow: Cliff Richard vs the BBC and John Moylett vs Bob Geldof.

Comment

Also someone called Uhuru, but I'm going to assume that's not Nichelle Nichols.

Comment

Was that around here (I was in the Seven Stars behind the Royal Courts earlier)? Didn't see any celeb kerfuffle.

Comment

No, tomorrow. And it's Fetter Lane, not the RCJ proper.

Comment

Though, speaking of the Seven Stars and celebs, I did once see Clare Danes there.

Comment

<total role model faint>

Comment

CR-2018-003279 BUTT ACCOUNTANCY SERVICES TRADING AS BUTT & COMPANY LIMITED Companies - Petition - Winding Up Petition

Comment

Well that's annoying. Companies House seems to have changed its search function, with the result that one of the searches I regularly do no longer returns any resultss.

Comment

Oh come on, guys, this isn't a Dickens novel:

Chancery Trial

HC-2013-000401 Clutterbuck and another v Cleghorn

Comment

That Boris Becker bankruptcy hearing turned out interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                                      Oh come on, guys, this isn't a Dickens novel:
                                      Some of wife's relatives are Clutterbucks. I'm sure it's a name for a Hobbit family in Lord of the Rings as well.

Comment

CR-2018-005021 Can Do Corporation Limited

[Ron Howard]They couldn't[/Ron Howard]

Comment

And now downright weird:

The Central African Republic has denied that Boris Becker is one of its official diplomats and said a passport the former tennis star claimed should give him diplomatic immunity from bankruptcy proceedings in the UK is invalid.

“The diplomatic passport that he has is a fake,” the foreign ministry’s chief of staff, Cherubin Moroubama, told Agence-France Presse. He said the document’s serial number corresponded to one of a batch of passports stolen in 2014.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-fake-says-car

Comment

Not technically an insolvency filing, but a filing by a company that is surely about to be insolvent. Courtesy of Matt Levine:
                                            Item 1. FINANCIAL STATEMENTS

All financial records from Access-Power, Inc. have been destroyed by
                                            previous management and are not available. It is very expensive to
                                            obtain audited reports of $0.

THERE ARE NO FINANCIAL RECORDS, NO DEBT, NO CONVERTIBLE
                                            DEATH DEBENTURES, NO $18,000 IRS DEBT, NO $4,000 PRNNEWSIRES
                                            OLD DEBT, EMPLOYEES, or even the
                                            ACCR COFFEE POT WAS STOLEN!

Item 2. MANAGEMENT'S DISCUSSION AND ANALYSIS

The Corporation is for sale. I will sell Access-Power, Inc
                                            for $15,000,000.00 or $.06 per share.

Patrick J Jensen controls 53.70905% of the vote.
                                            Access-Power, Inc. does not issue or sell stock
                                            in the market place at the moment today.

We are filing this document to bring all of
                                            our filings current as required by federal law.

Access-Power's #1 priority is to solicit a Market Maker to believe
                                            in ACCR, and
                                            to give us a fighting chance to live as a business.

Patrick J. Jensen
                                            616-312-5390
                                            pjensen@myaccess-power.com

Comment

That’s just awesome.

I’ve already suggested that my colleagues use it their training materials.

Comment

Less a court case, and more a description of a process:

HC-2017-002624 Insurance Medical Reporting Limited and another v Your Lawyers Limited

Comment

Also, one with some football relevance:
                                                  BR-2018-000528 Paul Baxendale-Walker

Comment

Working...
                                                  X