Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things to do in Bournemouth when you're dead ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... or working at it.

Take your dogs (1 Jack Russell, 1 Parson Russell*), and have her* savaged by two American pitbulls after which, the owner runs up and says 'Oh Whats up (when my mate is covered in doggy blood), and he says 'your pair of cunts attacked her' and he says 'oh they are only playing'...

Sorry, if I have mentioned this before, but my little cowbag doggy (who herself is normally a little bastard) has a huge fucking chunk out of her haunch/hind quarter.

I am not happy.

I am not only not happy, I am fucking furious.

For the first time in my life, I could quite easily kill.

What say you? (Yes its been reported)

Oh SHIT! Is she going to be ok?

Our beagle got attacked by a pitbull some months back (I thik I reported it on here) and she came out just fine after some serious stichery. The dog was a rescued fighting or attack dog that the new owners weren't qualified to care for and he got loose and attacked our beagle while my dad was taking her for a walk in Delaware.

The owners of the pitbull were very apologetic and their heart was in the right place trying to rescue a dog that had been brainwashed to become a killer, but they are just clueless people. The SPCA got involved and eventually the derranged pitbull had to be put down.

But if I met somebody who was willfully keeping a killer dog, I'd want to sick a bengal tiger on them.

Comment

She is fine (I think, as she is with my mate at his mums, so not sure).

She had a lot of stitches, and we thought it would curb her naturally nasty attitude to things (people, dogs, parked cars, trees... all of whom whe has attacked previously, but only when the other person takes her for a walk... strange that. When I take her out, I have a rolled up newspaper in my pocket, and I dont get a peep out of her).

My mate says that these pair attacked from behind him, which I believe, and she was on the lead, until he let go, and she fucked off back here. She was hobbling a bit, but she barked (she doesnt usually give warning) at the postman yesterday, so she will be ok.

I am still furious. I have a new baseball bat too...

Comment

and thanks Reed.

Comment

You can buy baseball bats in England?

Comment

yes... and you can even get the original 'Louisville Slugger' here... as signed by the original Joe Louisville.

insert pisstaking smiley thing here.

Yes, I have 4 baseballs, 2 mitts, one of which I use to play, the other is Sunday best (I know, but Joe Torre actually signed it, so flop off), and even baseball caps, some of which are authentic!

I have a Yankees shirt signed by Tino Martinez, which I... well there is such a thing as too much information.

Yes Reed, there is a shop. indeed a chain, which sell baseball shit.
            They have a tendency to sell fake shit (metal or hollow bats) but they have some good stuff 'in the back' if you know who to ask for. (in Bournemouth, ask for Mr Rodriguez, or Z-Rod as we call him)

Comment

Fantastic. I don't think we have a cricket shop.

Metal bats aren't necessarily fake, you know. That's what they use in high school and college because it's cheaper and it has a bigger sweet spot. It's a matter of some concern in the USA.

By "hollow," do you mean wiffle ball bats? Wiffle ball is a great game.

Comment

possibly.

whats the cricket reference about Reed? I am Scottish. I am sure they dont have caber shops there either.

AHHH, and the penny drops, regarding metal bats... some of the team (yes there is a team in Bournemouth, we were in the AAA UK finals (rained off) the other week) use them for practice, to get their 'schwing' sorted.

Me, I prefer a cat, and at least I know when it whines, I have my correct arc.

Those wiffle ball bats were used in our school when I was a kid (30 years ago... FUCK) as we played a game called multi-rounders or something.... oh wait, non-stop cricket.

shit game, basically you couldnt not run, and if a fielder, you had to carry the ball to the pitcher.

No wonder no-one in the UK likes baseball.

Comment

Reed,

loads of bats are sold over here, but they are rarely used for sporting purposes.

Comment

word, geezer.

Comment

That's odd because I would think a cricket bat would make a much more effective weapon. That big flat side makes it easier to hit someone or something square.

I know this because I saw Shaun of the Dead.

We don't have caber shops but we do have some caber tossing competitions like this one.

Comment

OFFS, you have got to be kidding... where do I get a passport for Canada?

Comment

oh, and the cricket bat was only available, because the twunt upstairs was a stuffed shirt.

Comment

I have a metal bat. I bought it in the US. It's great.

Comment

Great for what?

You people worry me.

Comment

BTW, I saw the segment on How is it Made yesterday on manufacturing aluminum baseball bats. What is remarkable is that it just starts out as a solid cold cylinder of aluminum about 10 inches long and it's formed into a bat by shoving a shapping bit thingy into it with a zillion pounds of force that streteches the cold metal into the right shape. I've never seen anything like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X