Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lobster Boy (was: This Jordan Peterson Guy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'm sure you could do so much better...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Delicieux View Post
      Yeah, I'm sure you could do so much better...
      Always struck me as a weird line of attack, that. "No, course I couldn't. That's why I've not bothered my arse trying". It's possible to criticise something without being able to better it. That's how critics earn a crust, and what allows me to laugh at Frank junior today.

Anyway, carry on. Only popped in to see if Peterson had said something new and stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Delicieux View Post
        FFS, you didn't even bother watching it did you?
        it's a bizarre cgi animation, I've never seen anything like it. It's having a pop at all of these right wing yahoos and their pseudo-intellectual navel gazing.
        I didn't, if that was aimed at me. I'm not that interested in him, and there was nothing in the post accompanying it to suggest it would be worth watching. I don't watch videos much anyway - it's not a great medium for me tbh.

I did ignore the ablism / casual mental health slurs, which I thought was kind of me under the circs.

Thanks for sharing, anyway.
        Last edited by DCI Harry Batt; 25-01-2021, 13:58.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
          Is this piece of shit really still not dead?
          JORDAN'S ALIVE??!!

Four and a half hours too late, but i made myself laugh at least.

Comment

And me!

Comment

Always struck me as a weird line of attack, that. "No, course I couldn't. That's why I've not bothered my arse trying". It's possible to criticise something without being able to better it.
              Quite.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post

Always struck me as a weird line of attack, that. "No, course I couldn't. That's why I've not bothered my arse trying". It's possible to criticise something without being able to better it. That's how critics earn a crust, and what allows me to laugh at Frank junior today.

Anyway, carry on. Only popped in to see if Peterson had said something new and stupid.
                Aye, I was as flippant as the initial replies to it having being posted.
                I could learn a lesson here, but probably won't.
                I liked how it featured all of the right wing talking heads YouTube recommends me so fervently.
                Prager as a creature from an Eldritch horror story was a nice touch.

Comment

And with the YouTube algorithm thing recommending right wing videos, I'd assumed its because I'm a white bloke in my 30's (well, I'm romani if we're to be accurate), but upon talking about this particular phenomenon to anybody, have soon realised most people have experienced similar.
                  I think it partially explains the wave of new radicals who walk among us.

Comment

Not the band mind. It was a pleasant surprise to see them at Biden's inauguration though.

Comment

My YouTube algorithm always suggests marble racing videos and clips from Les Miserables.

Comment

Matthew McConaughey was on Peterson's podcast a few weeks back, talking about "cancel culture."

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                          Matthew McConaughey was on Peterson's podcast a few weeks back, talking about "cancel culture."
                          "Awful man joins awful man to talk shit"

Comment

Christ almighty. "Cancel culture".

Comment

Eternally vigilant

https://twitter.com/lilysimpson1312/status/1379323429908738048?s=21

Comment

No dedicated thread for toxic masculinity, so this will have to do.

Owen Jones posted a video yesterday discussing TM. On Twitter he only got a handful of dissenters, the Facebook thread saw an invasion of extreme Men’s Rights Activists, including a couple bigging up Mr Peterson.

There were a few well-meaning but confused chaps in there questioning the notion of TM, some of them taking it a bit personally, but the MRAs posts asserted untruths such as “domestic violence is not gendered”, or complained about women having the upper hand in custody battles. Quite disturbing, really. One outspoken chap calling us “woketards” had five mutual friends with me so I looked him up and he has a series of exes accusing him of abuse (including locking one woman in the boot of his car) and a stack of restraining orders. According to him, they’re all liars.

Some of the MRAs were women (one who seemed convinced To Kill A Mockingbird was a documentary) and many mentioned this anti-feminist woman behind “The Red Pill”. All seemed convinced the power has swung too far in women’s favour.

I guess the extreme MRAs are a minority, but <yuk>.

Comment

The Owen Jones video is here.

https://www.owenjones.tv/video/why-t...ity-hurts-men/

Comment

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...e5#post2238464

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
                                      No dedicated thread for toxic masculinity, so this will have to do.

Owen Jones posted a video yesterday discussing TM. On Twitter he only got a handful of dissenters, the Facebook thread saw an invasion of extreme Men’s Rights Activists, including a couple bigging up Mr Peterson.

There were a few well-meaning but confused chaps in there questioning the notion of TM, some of them taking it a bit personally, but the MRAs posts asserted untruths such as “domestic violence is not gendered”, or complained about women having the upper hand in custody battles. Quite disturbing, really. One outspoken chap calling us “woketards” had five mutual friends with me so I looked him up and he has a series of exes accusing him of abuse (including locking one woman in the boot of his car) and a stack of restraining orders. According to him, they’re all liars.

Some of the MRAs were women (one who seemed convinced To Kill A Mockingbird was a documentary) and many mentioned this anti-feminist woman behind “The Red Pill”. All seemed convinced the power has swung too far in women’s favour.

I guess the extreme MRAs are a minority, but <yuk>.
                                      I had to read this post three times, before I understood TM wasn't Transcendental Meditation. The world truly has passed me by.

Comment

Thanks, ursus arctos, I hadn't seen that.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post

I had to read this post three times, before I understood TM wasn't Transcendental Meditation. The world truly has passed me by.
                                          Berating women about your lack of societal power, despite your greater ability to tackle marauding bears, is a lot like attuning to your inner, peaceful core, when you think about it.

Comment

I think I'd have to think about it for an awfully long time to come to that conclusion.

Comment

Well, that's the whole point of the life-long practice bit

Comment

Our energy supplier's unnecessary perks scheme has emailed to offer early access to tickets to see Jordan Peterson at Wembley Arena next year.

I have emailed them to question the wisdom of this promotion.

Comment

I would be concerned for their financial viability and inclined to closely read the contract

Comment

I wonder if their power plants only burn steak.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X