Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
        Mine is "ammonia".
        I think you meant amnesia.

Comment

Erm...

Comment

Oh yeah. Risotto.

Comment

That word for the smell of rain on dry, hot ground. Genuinely can’t remember.

Thought it was ichor but that’s something else.

Comment

Please.

Comment

I can remember the names and faces of people I met once, thirty years ago. I saw a guy at Union station last week that was in my Grade 9 drafting class in 1981. (James.) But every once in a while I have a person who I, no matter what I do, won't register in my brain. I worked with a woman, who I saw daily, at the G&M named Valerie. And I couldn't remember her name from one day to the next.

At my current gig, I sat next to a girl for six month who I talked to fifty times a day (Andrea) and I'd refer to her as 'her...you know...that sits beside me'.

Why? No idea. Both lovely people with perfectly rememberable names. But damned if I can remember them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                    That word for the smell of rain on dry, hot ground. Genuinely can’t remember.

Thought it was ichor but that’s something else.
                    Petrichor. One of my favourite words.

Comment

Thanks, so I was half way there. It's one of mine too, so all the more surprising I can never remember it. Not experienced often enough to become a commonplace I suppose.

Comment

My husband had apparently forgotten the word "nagging" until I emailed him today.

Comment

One would think that it was more or less constant at a monastery. All of that silver doesn’t polish itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                            Thanks, so I was half way there. It's one of mine too, so all the more surprising I can never remember it. Not experienced often enough to become a commonplace I suppose.
                            I would think that is the essence of these words. I only need the word "ammonia" whenever I eat my famously ripe cheese that never sees the inside of a fridge.

Comment

I could never spell maintenance, and nowadays struggle with emporer and premeses.

Comment

I want to say toluene, but I wish it to be tolerance.

(There's a word in ... "To Kill A Mockingbird"... chiffarobe. I do not ever want to be in a position, where I know what that word means. Sorry.)

Comment

I want to be able to sell 'blue cheese' outside the ... 'hand up the back, stop trying to integrate' stores of the moment.

I need some guidance. (I have the ideas. And the mushrooms... )

Comment

Working...
                                  X