"...but he/she was wearing..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay - what items of clothing or quirks of dressing do you find most objectionable or even instantly put you off people?

For me, dirty white trainers are the biggest style letdown. There is no way they can be made to look nice or cool.

Similarly, I hate sandals, but that is just because I hate feet and so I'd rather not see them.

Oh, and why is it that men - particularly of 'a certain age' - seem to feel the need to drag their trousers halfway up their shins if they happen to cross their legs? For fuck's sake, either just get some trousers that actually fit you or literally pull your socks up!

any reason for young boys to drop their pants to their knees is vehemently un-ok.

old guys crossing their knees, I understand... (check that you have everything)

ladies who persist on showing their gorgeous 'Agent Provocateur' underwear, when they are basically, one mre genepool away from Terry Pratchett.

Men with ponytail... ever/always. Twunts.

Gay men who think they know everything about others and pretend that they are normal, and yet wrote the book in c1985 and forgot every fucking word.

(Google 'Pickles' ... told you* yes I wrote that when I was 16)

Comment

It's immaculately white trainers that put me off.

On a related note, at the start of the autumn term at college I was always wary of the BNPDM brigade - freshers who were so keen to show off the newly-acquired 'alternative' status that they sported a very conspicuously pristine Brand New Pair of Doc Martens.

Comment

with alternative lace colours

Comment

Comment

can someone put that orange thing up here? Italo-whatever?Thanks

Comment

gerontophile wrote:
              can someone put that orange thing up here? Italo-whatever?Thanks
              You mean Hot Chicks with Douchebags.com?

In particular, 'Oompa-Prompa'. It's the blog entry that never stops giving.

Comment

As builders bums go, I think the one above is quite acceptable

Comment

I am sorry but it still flares for me. Not those boot-cut things but flares.

Those artist smock things

Any brown leather wear - shoes, belts or jacket. Indeed, I am still suspicious of brown in general.

Man-made fibre sportswear as leisure wear

Smart/casual

Suits or suit jackets with trainers

skirts/dresses over jeans.

Clashing colours

Comment

Men wearing sandles or esspecially flip flops. It actually makes me angry to see men in flip flops as I've said on here before.
                    Apart from that, I don't really care. Oh except for tucked in t-shirts. That's just wrong.

Comment

casual suit jackets
                      casual suit jackets with a t-shirt underneath
                      casual suit jackets with a t-shirt underneath and a pair of jeans below
                      casual suit jackets with an expensive pre-modified t-shirt underneath and a pair of jeans below
                      casual suit jackets with an expensive pre-modified t-shirt underneath and a similarly expensive pair of pre-ruined jeans below

women wearing dresses that look like tents
                      women wearing broad belts across their midsection

Comment

hobbes wrote:
                        Men wearing sandles or esspecially flip flops. It actually makes me angry to see men in flip flops as I've said on here before.
                        Blimey! Summer must be a nightmare for you in London, then, Hobbes?

Comment

I just make sure I don't look down.

Comment

Oh and these things are my worst nightmare. They are guaranteed to make anybody, male or female, look like an abject cunt.

Comment

This. Drives. Me. Insane.

Learn to tie it properly, for Bob's sake.

Comment

I'm ticking many boxes on this thread.

If it weren;t for the fact you're all weird looking freaks off the internet, I'd be taking it badly.

Comment

The twin weird habits that footballers (and their impersonators) have, of:

a) Trying to make the knot on their tie so huge that it actually exceeds the size of their head, and...

b) Upon doing the tie up, instantly undoing it and trying to look as dishevelled as possible (in their brand-new, mega-expensive clothes).

Roy Keane seems to be caught between the two camps here and has tried to cover them both:

Comment

Another weird shirt-related piece of behaviour is that exhibited by smart-casual lads out on the piss, whereby they will be obviously wearing a shirt straight out of the packaging, so that all the 'square' creases are still in it.

A further 'tradition' they seem to perform when in gangs is that of each wearing a different-coloured (but always pastel) brand-new shirt. Blue, yellow, pink, white, orange. It's as if they have to colour-code themselves in case they forget each other's names.

Comment

evilC wrote:
                                      Oh, and why is it that men - particularly of 'a certain age' - seem to feel the need to drag their trousers halfway up their shins if they happen to cross their legs?
                                      You're meant to do that with suit trousers, or the knees of them go all shit.

Comment

How about wearing brown leather shoes with je... ah no, just forget it.

Comment

Men's dress shirts with contrasting white collars and cuffs.

They just scream douchebag, of a rich variety.

Comment

On blokes, it's the bright white trainers, definitely. And Tevas. And new leather jackets. And pastel coloured shirts with suits, particularly pink ones. Wear white, for chrissakes.

On girls, it's those stupid ballet pump things that make legs look fat. And the even more stupid skirt-over-jeans thing.

-

I'm in South Africa again at the moment, and I can't imagine not wearing flip-flops. They are wonderful things.

Comment

Women with tatoos are a big turn off for me.

Bit fed up with seeing women wearing leggings.

Men who wear a tie with shortsleeved shirts always look wrong somehow.

Men who wear shorts when it's cold - seems to be an antipodean thing.

Brown clothes though are cool. And flip flops/sandals in the right place at the right time of year (on holiday) are fine.

Comment

Bright white trainers, I'm torn on. I have a knackered old pair of Greenflash trainers that look kinda OK all scuffed and dirty, but I've just bought some nice new white Pumas and I know that I'll try to keep them clean and pristine as long as possible....

Although I hate seeing people wearing bright white trainers with those skinny jeans that end at the ankle. Wrong, wrong, wrong, and not just for the fact that skinny jeans are shit.

Comment

Women who wear long skirts or shapeless trousers. Come on, ladies, don't keep those lovely pins under wraps! Give us blokes a bit of what we like, eh!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X