Ingvar Kamprad. Rot in Hell.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ingvar Kamprad. Rot in Hell.

The founder of IKEA has died at the age of 91.

While it is true, all deaths diminish us, some diminish us less than others.

Good riddance, you worthless piece of Nazi shit.

The funerals been delayed while the family work out how to put the coffin together

Comment

This has maybe come up before, but Mrs Benjm steadfastly refuses to have anything to do with IKEA, on account of old Ingvar's Nazi tendencies. It isn't much of a sacrifice to support her on this. C4 news didn't mention it, BBC gave it a single phrase in passing.

Comment

The fact it's crappy looking shit made for rackrent landlords might have something to do with it as well

Comment

It's not all crappy looking shit for rackrent landlords though. It has some brilliant designs, the Billy Bookcase to the (sadly discontinued) Benjamin plywood stool.

Kamprad was a Nazi for a while, sure. Lots of people we need to boycott, then, from BMW to Hugo Boss.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
            Kamprad was a Nazi for a while, sure. Lots of people we need to boycott, then, from BMW to Hugo Boss.
            Happy to hold the line there too.

I'm conscious with the IKEA thing that it coincides neatly with my purely selfish desire never to have to set foot in the place. I know that most people take a more forgiving view of IK's youthful idiocy/belated apologies and that's entirely up to them. My wife has the family reasons for taking a harder line on it and I'm not going to argue with that. I did read a long article in The New Yorker a while ago about the current company culture including the personality cult aspects and that was as off putting as the more distant history.

...to the (sadly discontinued) Benjamin plywood stool.
            Stupid name for a stool.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post

Stupid name for a stool.
              Yeah, why can't they just call it a turd like everyone else?

Comment

I fucking love Ikea (though not the Aspelund bed, obv). Tramping round one is like being on holiday, seeing bath mats called Shløg or plastic plants called Flåpp. I get the same sense of wonder as I do when I walk round a Lidl or Aldi - familiar yet different. An immersion in psuedo Scandinavian lifestyle. Snapshots of chunky jumpers, scenic villages, pickled fish and naked people twatting each other with bits of tree. I'm off to Clas Ohlson later and I can't fucking wait.

Nazis are shite though.

Comment

Class Ohlson shops are weird.

Comment

We have a Hema and a Tiger in Bromley, which are right up there in the Clas Olsen batshit stakes.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                      I fucking love Ikea (though not the Aspelund bed, obv). Tramping round one is like being on holiday, seeing bath mats called Shløg or plastic plants called Flåpp. I get the same sense of wonder as I do when I walk round a Lidl or Aldi - familiar yet different. An immersion in psuedo Scandinavian lifestyle. Snapshots of chunky jumpers, scenic villages, pickled fish and naked people twatting each other with bits of tree. I'm off to Clas Ohlson later and I can't fucking wait.

Nazis are shite though.
                      This.

Comment

I used to play in a band in Karachi with the new IKEA CEO.

Carry on.

Comment

Perhaps he'll come back as a quality pre-assembled coffee table from Oak Furnitureland.

Comment

Didn't Hugo Boss get a government contract to supply smart uniforms, and joined the party on the back of that?

Kamprad raised funds and openly campiagned to recruit more members.

Comment

Ingvar Kamprad looks so much like an anagram, but the best i could come up with is Grandpa Mark IV or Mad VAR parking. Anyone do any better?

Comment

Aardvark 'n' Gimp?

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                                  We have a Hema and a Tiger in Bromley, which are right up there in the Clas Olsen batshit stakes.
                                  HEMA is outstanding, so you can just fuck off. I wish they served food in the UK ones though.

Comment

Heel lekker. En het bestaat slechts drie euro vijftig!

Comment

The most commonly asked question in British HEMA stores, according to the clerk I was talking to:

"Where is the rookworst?"

Comment

I've never heard of HEMA. Do you have JYSK in the UK?

Comment

Clas Ohlson is a zillion times more useful than Hema or Tiger, both of which are what mrs b refers to as "clutter shops".

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                            Ingvar Kamprad looks so much like an anagram, but the best i could come up with is Grandpa Mark IV or Mad VAR parking. Anyone do any better?
                                            Dr Mark P Vagina?
                                            Last edited by Jah Womble; 29-01-2018, 12:33. Reason: Slight improvement...

Comment

The original HEMAs in the Netherlands are extremely handy shops.

The ones outside the Netherlands don't seem to know what they are trying to do.

Comment

We've got Jysk, but I've never been in it.

And now we've got some oddball Japanese operation called Miniso. They seem to sell nicely designed hoo-ha with no apparent theme; slippers, toilet brushes, nail polish, those neck pillows they sell at airports for wildly overinflated prices.

If we're avoiding Nazi collaborators, Ford and IBM have to go.

Comment

Miniso is actually Chinese, though they try very hard to disguise that fact.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X