Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thread fir appropriate terms for pharmacologically altered or enhanced mental states

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread fir appropriate terms for pharmacologically altered or enhanced mental states

Smashed. Out of my bonce. Off my head.

Trolleyed

Spannered

Spaced

Wired

Steaming

Comment

Almost any noun "in the past tense": wardrobed, pixelled, desked, trayed, etc.

Comment

Slaughtered. Wankered. Favourite as suggested by fussbudget on the DOR thread: baked. That just seems so right.

Comment

Mullered? Usually I say off my/his/her/their tits.

Comment

Sideways.

Comment

Originally posted by Aitch View Post
              Almost any noun "in the past tense": wardrobed, pixelled, desked, trayed, etc.
              Michael McIntyre made this very observation several years ago. I think "gazeboed" was the one he settled on.

Comment

In my head, there is a distinction between words (or phrases) you'd use to describe being drunk, and words you'd use to describe being high. This thread has a right old mix of the two. Does anyone else think like that, or would you use the same words to describe the two states?

Comment

Aye Third Rate, like MsD I always associated off my tits with being on speed or pills whereas being drunk was usually just pissed or out my head.

Now clean of everything and trying pretty hard not to get into euphoric recall territory.

Comment

Half cut

Lit

Comment

I always liked the lovely old-fashioned concept of being in one's cups.

I like that in German being pissed can just be described as being 'blau' (blue). Especially as the AfD wants to be known as Die Blauen.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Reverend View Post
                        Aye Third Rate, like MsD I always associated off my tits with being on speed or pills whereas being drunk was usually just pissed or out my head.

Now clean of everything and trying pretty hard not to get into euphoric recall territory.

I thought we were referring to both anyway?

Comment

Rat-arsed
                          Shit faced
                          Tired and emotional (in the press at least)
                          Wired

My grandad always used to describe it as someone being "on the pop"

Comment

Stotious
                            Blootered
                            Steamin' (no 'g')
                            And an obvious one: Hammered

(all for drink)

Blazin' (for drugs)
                            Last edited by blameless; 18-01-2018, 16:52.

Comment

I remember using 'stojkoviced' in the early 90s.

There must be some good rhyming slang terms as well.

Comment

If we're doing drink as well:

Bladdered
                                Mortal
                                Three sheets to the wind

Comment

Polluted.

After the Irish Army's escapades in the congo, the phrase Baloobas drunk was in currency. I don't think that the insinuation was that that congolese balluba tribe were heavy drinkers. It's more a sort of vigourous and energetic drunkeness, a little short of a full on rampage. I was well into my twenties before I discovered that it wasn't just a nonsense Irish word that people liked the sound of, and I would be surprised if most people using it would have any notion where it comes from, and that's only 50 years ago.
                                  Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 18-01-2018, 18:49.

Comment

No words to add to the official thread theme but some Aussies use a nice euphemism when experiemcing an especially unpleasant morning after: a bit dusty.

Comment

Buckled. Mostly for drink, but also drugs that make you all messy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                        No words to add to the official thread theme but some Aussies use a nice euphemism when experiemcing an especially unpleasant morning after: a bit dusty.
                                        Done

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Working...
                                          X