One of those days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of those days

Best of luck with your recovery. It all sounds pretty grim - take care.

Comment

One of those days

Good luck ad. Take a laptop, and start a blog (if you havent already... the Guardian may sponsor it.)

Comment

One of those days

I missed this thread first time round, but hope it all goes well ad hoc.

Comment

One of those days

I'm pondering whether to take my laptop or not. I won't be able to go online, obviously, but will be able to work/type etc. Fortunately unlike British hospitals there are no restrictions on mobile phones in Romanian hospitals, so I will be able to talk to people occasionally.

I think the positive benefit to the whole thing will be that it will be of necessity be reasonably good for my language skills.

I have a blog already, g, by the way - click that big W icon under my name

Comment

One of those days

Comment

One of those days

If your laptop has a DVD player and you've some headphones it's also pretty handy for passing the time with a few boxed sets or films.

Comment

One of those days

Like GO said, ad hoc... er, have fun. I hope that everything will sort itself out.

boris, did they not drug you when they did the gastroscopy? When I had mine, they injected some date rape drug, so I was awake bit not conscious of it. When they instructed my to swallow the tube, I was able to follow the instruction, but I have no memory of it whatsoever.

Did they spray that vile stuff on your throat to numb it? I have never, ever tasted anything so horrible in my life.

Comment

One of those days

Take your lap top and Championship Manager and you'll be sorted.

Good luck.

Comment

One of those days

Hope your stay is a comfortable one. Get well soon, old chap.

Comment

One of those days

Cripes, that's rough. Hope they set you right.

Comment

One of those days

Christ, ah, that sounds very similar to what I had. Fantastic that they were able to treat it medically rather than surgically, though.

Hospital life is actually a lot easier than you'd think. The trick is, don't count the time 'til you leave, or think about what you could be doing outside. Accept everything that happens as though you chose it. You get into the structured routine of hospital life pretty quickly. Get to know the nurses, and banter with them. It'll make your day, and theirs. Get plenty to read in, particualrly stuff you mightn't have a chance/excuse to read otherwise. That'll help cast the stay as an opportunity in your mind. And don't worry too much about actually getting reading, or anything else, done. It's there to pass the time, but most of the time will be spent sleeping. You are, after all, sick.

Wash your hands at every opportunity, and make sure everyone who visits you does so too.

You'll be great. Take care.

Comment

One of those days

Only just seen this also. All the best Andy and get well soon

Comment

One of those days

Hope it all goes well, ad hoc.

Comment

One of those days

Have we heard owt?

Comment

One of those days

He's doing alright, although as expected he's incredibly bored.

I think the pneumonia type thing is getting a lot better, but he still has a bit of a blood pressure thing going on, which probably wasn't helped by texts from me on Saturday giving updates on events from Bloomfield Road and Oakwell.

Hopefully out tomorrow though, if the Docs will let him. I reckon he's becoming institutionalised though, and will refuse to leave.

Comment

One of those days

My sister's had pleurisy, and she's neither famous* nor dead. So chin up, Hockley. Soon have you up and running about.

(*Though she did once babysit for the Hamburglar.)

Comment

One of those days

Jeez, ad hoc I didn;t quite realise *why* you'd been offline so long. Hope the spell in bed has done you good. Best wishes.

Comment

One of those days

I'm out. Not exactly better yet, but (presumably) on the mend. Longer version later on today sometime.

Comment

One of those days

Great news. Take it easy, but enjoy your freedom.

Comment

One of those days

Here you go, if anyone is really interested in reading the fun and frolics to be had in a Romanian hospital. It's a bit long though (I had a week in which to think about it) so the upshot is - I'm out, I'm not exactly in tip-top shape yet, the treatment was very good, the staff were great, but I got bored. Very very bored.

Comment

One of those days

Quite a shock reading this from the start, and relieved and glad you're out of hospital and well on the mend. Take things steady and all the best for a full recovery.

Comment

One of those days

Keep heading in the right direction, matey.

Comment

One of those days

Great to hear everything went well, AH.

Comment

Working...
                                                X