No announcement yet.

Ahed Tamimi and other Palestinians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As you may know I am on the board of trustees of a charity that teaches English to kids in Gaza (mostly) through storytelling and play performance via online video link ups. As you will also know yesterday Israel started bombing the shit out of Gaza again

​​​​​Not sure if this link will work. But this is one of the kids we've been working with. He was killed today by an Israeli missile
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...90&ref=m_notif

Comment

The link doesn’t work at the moment ad hoc but do please repost the link to the charity

im sorry for your loss-and for the contempt that Israel holds the lives of young Palestinians in Gaza and elsewhere

Comment

His name was Amir

Comment

Charity link is here https://handsupproject.org/

Comment

That’s terrible
            He’s so young.
            tell us more about him, if you don’t mind.

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
            His name was Amir

Comment

I can't tell you much to be honest. He was a pupil at Zaitoun Elementary Co-ed UNRWA school. That's about all I have. As and when I find our more I'll pass it on

Comment

Thanks. Pass on condolences and solidarity.

al for Israeli electioneering
                [URL]https://twitter.com/rafaelshimunov/status/1194656908621295618?s=21[/URL]

Comment

I really do not know what to say ad hoc. A beautiful young life taken by a murderous regime. Fuck Israel and all their supporters.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/billneelynbc/status/1195288937289396225?s=21[/URL]

made a small donation to https://handsupproject.org/ in memory of Amir. Hope others will do likewise.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/arielelysegold/status/1195745318480035841?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Comments by the assistant UN Secretary General

[URL]https://twitter.com/gilmourun/status/1195443611149721603?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Brilliant and heartfelt speech. Everyone should listen to that

Comment

The transcript is here

During this reporting period, as I mentioned, 48 Palestinian children have been killed and thousands injured by Israeli security forces, which is the highest number since 2014, when 500 Palestinian children were killed by Israeli fire.

Should Palestinian children be encouraged to put themselves in harms’ way? No – of course not.

Should Palestinian rockets be fired against Israeli population centres that contain children? Absolutely not. And we condemn both actions.

But I don’t believe that any of those actions could possibly justify the frequent targeting by snipers who know exactly what they are doing and are aiming with immense accuracy – sometimes to kill, more often to injure but with life-changing injuries, including loss of sight and amputation of limbs – thousands of Palestinian children and on a far too frequent basis.

And whether it’s across the Gaza Fence shooting stone-throwing children, whose stones fall way short of any Israeli target, or the harassing, threatening, beating, shooting or imprisoning of hundreds of Palestinian children in the West Bank and East Jerusalem. Taking all that into account, it is impossible, in a way, to avoid thinking that if the aim of such actions was to make absolutely certain that the next generation of Palestinians would grow up profoundly radicalized, and full of hatred for the people carrying out these actions, then one would think that the best way to turn that aim into reality would be to treat Palestinian families – adults and children – exactly the way they are being treated now. And we know that because it is captured on video, almost every single day.

Mr. Chair, would you allow me to finish on a slightly personal note? I joined the UN 30 years ago this week, and I have been following the issue we’ve been talking about today closely all that time. Indeed, I first visited the West Bank and Gaza and Israel in 1983, and Israel is a country I have always liked and admired, though not the occupation, or their denial.

But when I first went there in 1983, the occupation was 16 years old. And that already seemed like a lifetime of oppression for its inhabitants.

It is now, as we all know, 52 years old – ever deepening, and it appears unending, unrelenting, unremitting, unconscionable.

Taken as a whole, it is a massive injustice and a systematic example of discrimination and humiliation. I think it represents a shame to the occupiers and indeed to us all. And it’s a driver of violent extremism around the world, as many courageous Israelis are the first to recognize, by the way.

Last year, you will recall, distinguished delegates, we celebrated the 70th anniversary of the UDHR. And when you read that magnificent document in the context of the Israeli occupation, one is struck by the extent and the comprehensiveness with which almost every human right enshrined in that document – civil and political, economic, social and cultural – is constantly, systematically violated.

Comment

Gideon Levy

Had they been Israeli citizens, the state would have moved heaven and earth to avenge the blood of its famous little boy, and the world would have reeled in shock at the cruelty of Palestinian terror. But Moad Mohamed Asoarka was only a 7-year-old Palestinian boy who lived and died in a tin shack, with no present and no future, whose life was as cheap and as brief as that of a butterfly; his killer was a celebrated pilot.
                              [...]

It turned out that even the wanted man named by an army spokesman was a figment of his imagination. The only ones there were women, children and innocent men sleeping in the dread of the Gaza night. In both cases, the Israel Defense Forces used the same lie: We thought the building was empty. “The IDF is still trying to understand what the family was doing at the site,” was the brazen, chillingly laconic response, which suggested the family was to blame. Indeed, what were they doing there, Wasim, 13; Mohand, 12 and the two babies whose names have not been announced.
                              https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.pre...care-1.8133763

Comment

how would he know?

Comment

And indeed how does one person (or even one government) change international law?

Comment

Presumably, they have bullied someone in authority in the Legal Adviser's Office at State to provide cover for this outrage.

I expect resignations.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                      And indeed how does one person (or even one government) change international law?
                                      They can't, of course.

Which doesn't make it less of an outrage.

Though perhaps not unexpected given both Bibi and his pal Donald's current troubles with the law.

Comment

what dies that mean for the Palestinian inhabitants of the Not-Occupied territories?

Comment

Freud had certain insights into the operation of the subconscious . . .

That they can continue to expect to be shat upon by this Administration and that their enemies will have another bad faith argument to add to their arsenal. This will also be used as a cudgel against the BDS movement and advocates of honest labeling of items produced in the Occupied Territories.

Comment

Bernie -the Jew with relatives murdered in the Shoah.

t

[URL]https://twitter.com/sensanders/status/1196527568704458752?s=21[/URL]

Comment

It's that time of year again when I am watching short plays made by Palestinian kids, mostly from Gaza, as part of my role in a competition. Over the last 2 days I have watched 30 such plays, and I would say about 25 of them in some way feature bombings, death, disfigurement, starvation, poverty, and just deep deep sadness. These are kids. Many of them as young as 8 or 9. It breaks me.

And still some cunts go on about "but hamas" and "conflict" and "both sides". Fuckers.

Comment

Prince Charles seems to be on the right side of things.

Comment

Working...
                                                X