X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tubby Isaacs
    replied
    Ha ha, Hammond called him "Mr Johnson".

Almost enough to make me forget lives are at stake.

Leave a comment:

• Tubby Isaacs
    replied
    Well, now that the top two in the government have told "Boris" to fuck off, the story is fourth on the UK section of the BBC.

If it was top earlier, that looks very odd indeed, Benjy.

Leave a comment:

• Tubby Isaacs
    replied
    Nah, it's fine. I'm with you all the way on him.

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    Sorry, wasn't meaning to sound prissy with you, Tubby. It's just that every so often the pointless, narcissistic shitbaggery of our hero and his hall of mirrors milieu becomes a bit overwhelming.

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    They had the comments as the lead before and have updated it to include the reaction, so were anticipating the story having legs at least. Blair and Brown was some time ago and I was under the impression that various unexpected poll results in the mean time had caused our top analysts and commentators to query whether they were too inwardly focussed upon the internal machinations of the political classes.

Leave a comment:

• Tubby Isaacs
    replied
    Johnson might be preparing a flounce. If May gets forced into a Soft Brexit, he's ready to take her down. And when the markets pick up and Hammond spends a bit more on the NHS, Johnson can say "I've been arguing this for some time".

Leave a comment:

• Tubby Isaacs
    replied
    Not sure it's Johnson that's the story there so much as the PM and Chancellor telling him to fuck off. They used to lead the news everyday on this sort of stuff when Brown and Blair were in charge.

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    Like a slapstick comedian repeatedly stepping on a rake to diminishing returns of hilarity, the BBC news department decides that Johnson's latest self serving, substance free guff is the most pressing story of the day.

Leave a comment:

• Tubby Isaacs
    replied
    Currently suspended Tory MP for Dover responds.

@CharlieElphicke
    Boris is right - We must invest in infrastructure to keep trade flowing between Britain and France. Let's start by dualling the A2 to Dover, building the Lower Thames Crossing and lorry parks on the M20
    He can almost hear the Labour candidate at the next election. "Instead of fantasizing about bridges across the channel, we'll get X, Y and Z done".

Though I'd be tempted to tell him he can have his A2 dualling or Hard Brexit lorry parks, not both.

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
    Fixed that for you
    My work here is done…

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul S View Post
    Boris is just an insufferable pontoon. Johnson is a fucking cunt
    Fixed that for you

Leave a comment:

• Paul S
    replied
    Boris is just an insufferable pontoon.

Leave a comment:

• E10 Rifle
    replied
    And now the insufferable prick's tossed out a proposal for a 22-mile bridge across the Channel to France. Which won't happen, ever, and probably shouldn't even be reported on, such is its non-likelihood. Another dead cat to throw about I s'pose.

And it's not as if he has a track record of getting bridge projects built

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    I hope to hear more about this NDA he supposedly has in place. Or seeing as he’s unsackable short of murder, I just want him to die painfully and soon.

Leave a comment:

• Tubby Isaacs
    replied
    He's back in big ideas mode. "Floating" building a second channel tunnel just for cars.

Given the amount of money he wasted with his airport, he might as well.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Boris is Gubby Allen hoping the aborigines die out (see Cricket Books thread) or E.W. Swanton sending love letters to apartheid South Africa.

OTOH you'd think that Boris privately thinks that Trump is a cunt, given that Boris likes old money and Trump is clearly the decadent capitalist bringing down standards. Then again, some Tories were pro-fascist as early as 1924 (see Arthur Gilligan).

Leave a comment:

• Tubby Isaacs
    replied
    No reason, except that it would make the "trading with the world" stuff look more plausible.

Though I suppose nobody seriously thinks they're doing this farce because they think black countries are treated unfairly by the EU.

Leave a comment:

• E10 Rifle
    replied
    Boris Johnson hasn't said anything about Trump insulting lots of the Commonwealth.
    Why would he? People of Johnson's lineage and worldview think such countries are shitholes too. That's why they conquered them and dehumanised their inhabitants.

Leave a comment:

• Tubby Isaacs
    replied
    Free Foresters.

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Beast View Post
    He'd bat wearing a stupid stripy public school cap which the fast bowler me in my twenties would knock off his fucking head along with his teeth.
    I Zingari, surely?

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
    Boris / cannon / skip / forks / fire.
    Johnson.

Not Boris.

Leave a comment:

• Tactical Genius
    replied
    Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
    The African Union aren't impressed with Trump. 18 of their members are Commonwealth countries.

Love the idea too that the Mayor of London and Leader of the Opposition are more powerful than the Government.
    I would be more impressed if they came together and closed all the US bases which wont happen so fuck them.

Leave a comment:

• Tubby Isaacs
    replied
    The African Union aren't impressed with Trump. 18 of their members are Commonwealth countries.

Love the idea too that the Mayor of London and Leader of the Opposition are more powerful than the Government.

Leave a comment:

• Toby Gymshorts
    replied
    Boris / cannon / skip / forks / fire.

Leave a comment:

• Tubby Isaacs
    replied
    I see outward-looking, there's a whole world outside there, bring on Empire 2, Boris Johnson hasn't said anything about Trump insulting lots of the Commonwealth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X