X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony C
    replied
    Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
    Top work by Sunak trying to bury his disclosure of wealth under all of this.
    Wasn’t it.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    https://twitter.com/joepike/status/1638665502410014720?t=g8bpm2QDzKLgmEZvlIB8DQ&s=19

Leave a comment:

• caja-dglh
    replied
    Top work by Sunak trying to bury his disclosure of wealth under all of this.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    'I'll believe until I die that it was my job to thank staff.'

Fourteen times in under a year? That's some serious gratitude.

Leave a comment:

• Walt Flanagans Dog
    replied
    Johnson relying on the point that 2m distancing wasn't obligatory in circumstances where it wasn't possible, in which case 1m was sufficient, and 2m distancing wasn't possible in Downing Street.

Bernard Jenkins: The guidance says where that is the case, all mitigations should be used, such as screens. Where are the screens in that room (shown in the photo)?

Johnson: There were screens in the room next door.

Leave a comment:

• Eggchaser
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
    Just heard Steve Baker, of all people, describe Johnson as "a poundshop Nigel Farage" for voting against the Windsor Framework.
    I think that the penny has finally dropped that he's poison, but it may be too late, like the former Trump cheerleaders in the GOP who are now renouncing him like the Party leaders do with Beria at the end of The Death of Stalin.

Leave a comment:

• Walt Flanagans Dog
    replied
    The corridors in Downing Street were narrow*, we gave way to each other on the stairs*, it was not possible to have an electric forcefield around individuals preventing them getting within 2 metres of each other*, we did not have a drill sergeant keeping people 2 metres apart*, so we had no choice but to get lashed into the wine and cheese every night**.

* actual quotes
    ** slight paraphrasing

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    He's already getting tetchy at having to explain himself, before they have even started with questions. How dare the Lilliputian fools doubt me! Hopefully he'll blow his stack completely before too long.
    Last edited by Benjm; 22-03-2023, 14:51.

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    The hair is shorter and tidier than at any point since the Tory leadership election that he won. Which is pretty damning it itself, given the course of events since. His future career prospects demand the utmost dignity and respectfulness.

Leave a comment:

• Walt Flanagans Dog
    replied
    Hearing suspended for the Brexit vote.

Gems so far "Cummings has every motive to lie" and (paraphrasing) "if they were illegal gatherings we wouldn't have taken photos of them, and we took photos of them therefore they weren't illegal".

Leave a comment:

• Sean of the Shed
    replied
    Just heard Steve Baker, of all people, describe Johnson as "a poundshop Nigel Farage" for voting against the Windsor Framework.

Leave a comment:

• Walt Flanagans Dog
    replied
    Bingo card for today's Privileges Committee hearing:

"I am pleased to be here today"
    Deliberately messy hair
    "Well look"
    Bowed head
    "Worked incredibly hard during Covid"
    Not being able to contain a smirk
    "I got Covid and nearly died you know"
    Anxious glances to the side
    "I don't recall"
    Analogy to something in classic literature about being a martyr

Leave a comment:

• ooh aah
    replied
    The only leader in NATO that actually wants it is Sunak, for the obvious reason it gets him out of the fucking way.

Leave a comment:

• Etienne
    replied
    Unless Nadine Dorries is in charge of selection.

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    There's no fucking way he'll get it, he's flagged as a security risk by the U.K. Foreign Office but as an elected rep and Minister they couldn't do fuck all about it.

Leave a comment:

• Sean of the Shed
    replied
    Putin's plan to destroy NATO hs begun, then.

Leave a comment:

• Lobachevsky
    replied
    jesus fucking christ

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Apparently the reason for his visits to Ukraine and elsewhere is because he wants to be Secretary General of NATO.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    On the other hand, I am quite sure that if he can continue to command Churchill-level attention without having to serve as PM, he would consider that a win/win

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Eventually.

He did interviews wearing a souvenir bobble hat as well. It's incredible how desperate that fucker was to lead us in a war. Any war. He genuinely believes he's another Churchill.

He does indeed and his Churchill-complex is why I think he believes he can secure another term as PM for himself.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Eventually.

He did interviews wearing a souvenir bobble hat as well. It's incredible how desperate that fucker was to lead us in a war. Any war. He genuinely believes he's another Churchill.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
    Who did then?
    He'll have to declare it as a gift, won't he?

Leave a comment:

• Sean of the Shed
    replied
    Who did then?

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    WE DIDN'T

Leave a comment:

• Reality Checkpoint
    replied
    Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
    More to the point why did we pay for him to come back?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X