X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Parmesan!

One for us, I think...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-41566545

The police won't often have told a driver that he should drive less caerphilly.

Comment

Never would have happened to the Swiss.

Comment

Eh? Mental.

Comment

At least it didn't catch fire.

Comment

*applause*

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
              Originally posted by Evariste Euler Gauss View Post
              *applause*
              And more...

Comment

Oh my golly, those are brilliant. The mental picture of the first bloke attempting to eat 41% of his overloaded cheese cargo to make his van roadworthy, i.e. about 500 kilos, is enough on its own. (Would the half-ton weight of the driver afterwards still count against it, though?)

That second story (from 2013) might be even better however. Each successive image is a gem:
                About 27 tonnes of caramelised brown goat cheese - a delicacy known as Brunost - caught light as it was being driven through the Brattli Tunnel at Tysfjord, northern Norway, last week.
                The fire raged for five days and smouldering toxic gases were slowing the recovery operation, officials said.
                The tunnel - which is said to be badly damaged - is likely to remain closed for several weeks, they added.
                "We can't go in until it's safe," geologist Viggo Aronsen told Norwegian broadcaster NRK.
                Police officer Viggo Berg said the high concentration of fat and sugar in the cheese made it burn "almost like petrol if it gets hot enough".
                I bloody bet it was caramelised after that. Presumably the recovery operation was also hampered by the hundreds of people turning up with vanloads of cream crackers and chutney.

Comment

Holy fuck I’m gagging from the smell just by the description. Napalm stink cheese. Fuck that.

Comment

Cheese, Dick?

Comment

Brunost doesn't have a strong smell, though I can't attest for the aftermath after it's caused a massive tunnel fire. And it really wouldn't go with cream crackers and chuntney, it's too sweet for that. On toast, for breakfast, that's the way to eat it. In fact my breakfast today was a plain bagel, salami milano and brunost. Fusion food. Healthy? Um, ask me another one.

Comment

Sorry Janik, I should research my jokes better...

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                          Napalm stink cheese.
                          Well, if I ever need another band name...

Comment

Brunost is bloody awful. Burning it is the only acceptable thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                              Ouch!

Comment

Top stuff there, SB.

Comment

Can't get my head round this 'too much cheese' thing at all

Comment

Working...
                                  X