Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad things to say during a driving test

"Do you fancy a beer? Look behind the seat, I think there's a six pack."

That BBC story reminds me of when I was about to take my first test (I failed, bastard roundabouts). My instructor was talking to another instructor who was in a towering rage because his pupil, who was passing with one minor, was failed on his reverse parking because some total cunt in a Halfords Special shed couldn't be bothered to wait for the candidate to finish (as the shed cunt roared into the car park at 25 mph, killer xorst barking out it's muscle car tone on a car rated at 0.9l, shitty music pumping on the top ICE) and so drove through the parking bays reserved for test candidates as the guy was just starting to reverse. The examiner failed him for not noticing a car which appeared in under a second from nowhere, executed a cunt's illegal manouevre and sped off in another second.

Comment

Bafflin wrote:
      In France, of course, if you're really, really bad at driving, lack the basic mental faculties to pass the theory test, or both, you simply go out and buy a VSP - a voiture/vehicule sans permis. And off you go, out onto the roads as normal.

After all, just because you can't really steer very well, aren't sure what those switches do on the dashboard, and have no idea what those funny signs at the side of the road mean, it doesn't mean you shouldn't have a car.

Even if you lose your licence for some reason - say, you're an alcoholic who continually gets shitfaced and crashes and are banned from driving as a result - you just buy a VSP and carry on as normal. Only more slowly.
      Blimey! Have you got any examples of these 'VSP's you can point us to, Bafflin? I seem to remember hearing about them, but I didn't realise you needed no licence at all to drive them.

Comment

http://dev.aixam.com/index.php

Comment

I was reading that in french for a few mins before I noticed the UK flag...

http://dev.aixam.com/voiture-sans-permis-scoutyR.php?lang=en

Comment

The older ones look like this:

... and at least you can see immediately what they are. The priest in our village has one like that - depending on what switches he's accidentally hit when he gets in, he drives along with indicators flashing, wipers going, radio blaring... and all the while leaning sideways with his head on the door's window-sill.

There's an entire industry based on these things, (they're not cheap) and some of the newer ones, like JtS has linked to, could easily be normal cars. So when you see one ahead on a country road and you're at 90 kph, it can be a bit of a shock to realise that what you thought was a zippy town car in front is only doing 30-40.

Comment

Ah-ha! I know the things. While I don't object to them as vehicles (as such) I can't see why anyone would want people driving them on the roads without licences.

The equivalent over here that I've most often seen is the Microcar:

If anything, though, people need their licences more than ever when driving such vulnerable, slow-accelerating things.

Comment

"Vroooooom vroooommmmm.......... nyyeeeeeooooow!"

Comment

Working...
                X