On Twitter, right now - #CathedralWars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Twitter, right now - #CathedralWars

In honour of "World Architecture Day" the nation's CofE cathedrals appear to be involved in a flame war about the best architecture and best architectural features found in the nation's leading places of Christian worship within the Anglican Communion.

As we are talking about leading churchmen and women it's all very civilised, but also equally very earnest.

Manchester Cathedral threatened to sue Sony for using it in a game, so they take this stuff seriously.

Comment

Is there a Twitter hashtag to help follow this?

Comment

Answering my own question, looks like this by St Pauls gets the party started.

Comment

Originally posted by Furtho View Post
          Is there a Twitter hashtag to help follow this?
          Yes.

There is.

Comment

That's marvellous that.

Comment

There are still a few things that you lot do exceedingly well.

This is one of them.

Comment

That's a simply brilliant Twitter thread linked to above. The apparent sight of actual cathedrals having a gently earnest, somewhat sarky and ever so civilised (but occasionally slightly 'street') argument about who's the best (roping in everything from the Death Star to the Goodies along the way) is hilarious. I'm 'hearing' it in an assortment of well-spoken, mellifluous but booming voices.

Comment

That is all kinds of ace. I do like a good wander round a cathedral. Or even just a random old church.

Comment

I am in no way religious, but when on holiday in a hot country, a religious building (or a bar) is a great place to get out of the heat.

Comment

Working...
                    X