Holly Wil-leg-by, Bland Of Hope And Snory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last week, I saw a tabloid piece about Orville-faced television "hottie" Holly Willoughby, accompanied by a photo in which she showed off her legs. The piss-poor caption was:

Holly Wil-leg-by

Which doesn't even fucking work.

Yesterday, I saw a tabloid football supplement about England's uninspiring 2-0 victory over Andorra. The headline on the front was:

Bland Of Hope And Snory

Which is equally lame.

So, off you go. Let's have the lamest, weakest, can't-be-bothered, mind's-gone-blank, it's-half-past-five-can-I-go-to-the-pub-now-please? efforts at headline-writing or caption-writing you've seen.

When I was at More, I had to do a bit about Chinese food, for Chinese New Year. The boss said that I had to have a pun headline, but it couldn't be 'wok this way'.

We sat for about an hour going through every possibility, until about half past five, when we had to go to a leaving party at the pub. It got filed under the headline 'wok this way'.

Comment

Though at Zoo, my pun for the most one footed player in the Premiership was cruelly ignored. I suggested Danny Mills-McCartney, but they didn't use it. Fuckers.

Comment

I always thought Phew wot a scorcher! which gets an airing whenever the sun deigns to shine over here is particually lazy.

Usually accompanied by a picture of a girl in a bikini down in Brighton and if its a really slow news day a picture of a couple of coppers eating ice-creams.

Comment

Pretty much any headline about Rooney.

Comment

Chinese food, for Chinese New Year
            Gung ho, fat boy.

Comment

When Peter Beadle was playing in Bristol, the Evening Post regularly informed its readers that said gentleman was somewhere in the vicinity.

Comment

Ginger Yellow wrote:
                Pretty much any headline about Rooney.
                How could Roo say that?

Comment

i'm always irked by any headline in which the words 'best' and 'breast' have been swapped. Why? They don't really rhyme. They don't mean anything like the same thing. One is just the other with two letters removed. Fucking arbitrary.

Comment

I'm impresssed by the durability of "Kop" as both a pun component and as a headline in anything of even the vaguest connection to Liverpool FC. Almost deserved a "United"-style ding in the days when Kops proliferated at grounds across the country.

Comment

A Fair Kop.

Comment

Whenever Arsenal win anything and seem to be on an upward curve (so not recently), theres always a load of WE'RE GUNNER BE THE BEST EVER headlines. I mean, I wouldn't mind, but you'd expect better of the Observer.

Comment

centrifugal wrote:
                          i'm always irked by any headline in which the words 'best' and 'breast' have been swapped. Why? They don't really rhyme. They don't mean anything like the same thing. One is just the other with two letters removed. Fucking arbitrary.
                          They do rhyme. What's your accent?

Comment

As GY has alluded to, rhymes with 'you' are really tiresome. The template for this is 'You Must Be Joking':

Schu Must Be Joking (Michael Schumacher)
                            Roo Must Be Joking (Wayne Rooney)
                            EU Must Be Joking (European Union or formerly Chris Eubank)
                            Sou Must Be Joking (Graeme Souness)

Comment

Alright.... I suppose they do sort of..damn..ok, sorry,they do rhyme. They're still entirely unsuitable words to swap randomly though.
                              Someone in work buys the Daily Star, and it's a haven for these kind of dreadful headlines. As per, it covered the MTV awards last night. I didn't read the 'story', but according to the cover, Britney Spears was "breast in show", or some such. She must have won something. Possibly for her tits.

Comment

Holly Willoughby is fucking hot SR, you madman

Comment

Look, I'm not saying I wouldn't, but she does look like Orville The Duck.

Comment

Working...
                                  X