I bet she'd love that, Ted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When people at work ask me if I'd like to do something or go along to something which I'd rather not, I still say that I'd rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth. Half my colleagues don't get it, not being aware of who Paul Calf is, nor, I suspect, either Dave Lee Travis or Macbeth.

Comment

Didi Hamann was in our hotel bar after Wales' debacle in Croke Park last year. We asked him over for a beer and to ask what he thought of our performance.
      "Considering you have injuries and a young team it wasn't bad," he said. "Although I would have expected more as you were at home"

"erm ... we're Welsh," we said, to which he just said "Oh, Fuck!" and walked off!

Comment

One afternoon Terry Hall turned up. He was a bit odd. It was a scorching day and he played in jeans and a jumper.

Was he handy? I think he had a trial for West Brom once. I want to know if Ska's gain was our loss.

Comment

Now you mention it, I distinctly remember seeing a photo of Terry Hall in a Man U kit way back in the Specials days. The hairstyle he was sporting at the time made him look like an actual footballer from about 1953.

Oh, and also I quote the Dave Lee Travis/Macbeth thing all the time.

Comment

Terry Hall is a huge Manchester United fan. He's a patron of Sharholders United. There was an interview with him in Red News a bit ago:

http://www.rednews.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=36327

Comment

Jon wrote:
              One afternoon Terry Hall turned up. He was a bit odd. It was a scorching day and he played in jeans and a jumper.

Was he handy? I think he had a trial for West Brom once. I want to know if Ska's gain was our loss.
              No loss to West Brom at all. I think this might be an urban myth because from what I dimly recall he wasn't at all sporty. One of those players who made up the numbers but who you wouldn't pass to unless you had no other options.

Comment

mnb098mnb wrote:
                Toby Gymshorts wrote:
                "Oi! Thompson! You broke my z and x keys!"

He might have been a little confused by that.
                It is fantastic that despite the advances in computer gaming technology the idea of pressing keys fast has yet to be bettered in similar games.
                This thread made me rediscover Fila Decathlon for the Gameboy Advance, using a PC-based emuator.

The 400m kills, and the 1500m is agony if you don't do it right.

I would be happy to care and share if required.

Comment

please

Comment

I had lunch with Mark Halperin yesterday.

Comment

https://www.yousendit.com/download/bVlDRm94SU9OMURIRGc9PQ

Comment

Seen The Scorpions and Metallica years ago in Toronto airport on the same day. Think they were on tour together at the time, and I distinctly remember the lead singer giving me a shifty look.

Also seen Acid Mothers Temple drinking heavily at Schipol airport last Christmas. They looked desperate for a smoke.

Chatted to Damon Albarn while watching Cardiacs at Phoenix Festival.

Drunk in the same pubs as Chris Kamara and Dean Windass, not at the same time.

On a related note my Dad drinks in the same pub as Stuart McCall but does not ask him anything about football as he would be frowned upon by the regulars (my dad, not McCall).

Comment

Seen The Scorpions and Metallica years ago in Toronto airport on the same day. Think they were on tour together at the time, and I distinctly remember the lead singer giving me a shifty look.

Also seen Acid Mothers Temple drinking heavily at Schipol airport last Christmas. They looked desperate for a smoke.

Chatted to Damon Albarn while watching Cardiacs at Phoenix Festival.

Drunk in the same pubs as Chris Kamara and Dean Windass, not at the same time.

On a related note my Dad drinks in the same pub as Stuart McCall but does not ask him anything about football as hewould be frowned upon by the regulars.

Comment

Working...
                          X