I bet she'd love that, Ted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I totally saw Patsy Palmer in the chilled products aisle of our local Waitrose last night.

Obviously I had to fight the urge to shout "Rickaaaay!!!". I realised that by doing that, I'd be no better than the people who shout "I'm the firestarter!!!" at me in the street, so I contented myself with tittering at the thought of shouting "Rickaaaay!!!" at her, and remembering the Richard Wilson scene in Father Ted.

That's how celebby it is down here by the sea. I also saw Nicola Roberts in Taj across the road from Waitrose. Actually, maybe it's a ghetto for famous female gingers.

Spearmint Rhino wrote:
    Actually, maybe it's a ghetto for famous female gingers.
    They can claim it's rust, blaming it on the corrosive effects of the salt sea air.

(Joke!)

Comment

I keep seeing Alistair MacGowan on the train to Brighton, but never managed yet to tell him that he's not very good.

I bumped into Steve Coogan at a genteel pre-xmas drinks party. I was all a-flutter, but stayed cool by talking about his Dad and adoption. I didn't ever say the works 'you're a comedy hero of mine and have been since 1990' which I was very proud of.

Comment

Me and my mate Mike walked right past Justin Lee Collins on Friday, during our lunch break, and managed to resist the urge to shout swear words at him repeatedly.

I was quite pleased with myself for that.

Comment

I keep seeing Carol Cleveland (formerly the "eye candy" in Monty Python's Flying Circus) at Brighton railway station, and (just the once) Jimmy Somerville on a mountain bike.

Comment

twohundredpercent wrote:
            Jimmy Somerville on a mountain bike.
            Surely that's a username just waiting to be adopted?

Comment

SamLKelly wrote:
              Me and my mate Mike walked right past Justin Lee Collins on Friday, during our lunch break, and managed to resist the urge to shout swear words at him repeatedly.

I was quite pleased with myself for that.
              You shouldn't be.

Comment

Shameless name dropping I know but I almost bumped into Perry Groves the other week. The pavement was just wide enough to get past his arse.

Comment

Some friends of mine used to live next door but one from Patsy Palmer, in a building just over the road from that Waitrose. They said she was lovely and very friendly. When I lived up that way, I often used to see Mark Little and Tim Booth out of James in there.

I sat opposite Steve Coogan on a train back from London once and thought he was a tramp until he answered a call on his mobile.

Jimmy Somerville was next to me in a deli a couple of weeks ago and was attired entirely in mountain biking gear.

I often see Zoe Ball in town and sometimes at gigs, but have never seen Norman Cook.

Comment

I met one of the ZZTop beardie guys in the local butcher shop recently, he was accompanied by a beefie bloke and they were looking at tubes of mustard.
                    'Welcome to Luxembourg Mr Top!' sez I.
                    'Thank you' sez he.
                    I then went on to tell him that the local wine was good, he expressed an interest in finding some so I directed him to a nearby supermarket. At this point my mobile rang and I bid a quick adieu as we parted company so I have no idea why he was looking at the tubes of mustard.

Comment

I think Loose Cannon wins this.

Comment

If for nothing else than he being the one who fucked off when his mobile rang, and not the other way round.

Comment

They have the artists' open house in Brighton, and Mark Little's partner opens their house out to people to walk in off the street to look at her work.

My mate went to what they thought was any old house, to see Mark Little sitting outside in a chair on the path, welcoming people inside, saying 'gday mate, nice to see you, just go straight on through'. He found this a bit surreal.

Comment

It's threads like this that remind you just how regional the notion of celebrity really is. I haven't heard of 90% of the people mentioned.

As for the other 20%.....

Comment

NHH wrote:
                              They have the artists' open house in Brighton, and Mark Little's partner opens their house out to people to walk in off the street to look at her work.

My mate went to what they thought was any old house, to see Mark Little sitting outside in a chair on the path, welcoming people inside, saying 'gday mate, nice to see you, just go straight on through'. He found this a bit surreal.
                              Ah, is that right down on the seafront? I saw a house with a sign to that effect.

Comment

I saw Olivia Williams, who was Ms. Cross in Rushmore, at the Getty a few weekends back. We were there for a children's music concert in the central garden, and she was there with her (presumably) husband and their kids a little in front of us.

Comment

I got the impression it was nearer Hove station, but he didn't say exactly.

Comment

Jimmy Somerville on a mountain bike
                                    That would be a brilliant exclamation, something like "Christ on a crutch!"

Comment

I saw Marc Riley in Euston Station a few weeks ago and resisted the urge to shout "get to bed!" right down his ear as he walked past.

He's surprisingly tall.

Comment

I saw Daley Thompson in my local newsagent yesterday. I resisted the urge to tell him how many hours I spent playing classic Spectrum button-masher Daley Thompson's Decathlon as a child. I resisted it quite easily, as that would have been a bizarre thing to say to him.

Comment

"Oi! Thompson! You broke my z and x keys!"

He might have been a little confused by that.

Comment

"I met one of the ZZTop beardie guys..."

The poster Orsen and myself spent an evening drinking with ZZ Top's bass player Dusty Rhodes once. He's tiny, like a garden gnome.

Throughout the evening he was on the phone organizing his divorce. By about 2 a.m. his wife had got the Harleys, but he kept the horses.

He had an Irish girlfriend with him, who he introduced as his "future ex wife."

Comment

Dusty Rhodes
                                              Dusty Hill.

Comment

Dusty Bottoms?

Comment

Spearmint Rhino wrote:
                                                  I totally saw Patsy Palmer
                                                  oh Mr SR... down with ver kids? (you got away with that for ages)

Comment

Working...
                                                  X