The All-Purpose Anecdote Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The All-Purpose Anecdote Thread

With sincere apologies to Bored for hijacking his 'Go-To Anecdotes' thread (or, at least, the subject matter), we should have a home for the stories that don't perhaps qualify as a thread-starter in themselves or even those that are refugees from other, older and long-forgotten threads. I have high expectations, OTF, judging from the short form hints posted already today under the aforementioned title.

To kick things off and rather than linking directly to it, I'll add my story of 'L' and the condom from the 'Embarrassing Yourself In Public' thread, which was actually my first ever posting on OTF.

This happened to a friend of ours, but it’s a story worth telling. Unable to take the birth control pill due to an adverse reaction, our friend ‘L’ and her husband used condoms. It was their habit to wrap the used condom(s) in toilet paper or tissue and leave them on the bedside table for subsequent disposal. One morning, running late for work and suffering from a heavy cold, ‘L’ plucked a handful of tissues from the bedside table and stuffed them in her coat pocket. Later, on a packed bus on her way to work, she felt a sneeze coming on, pulled a tissue from her pocket and was horrified to find a very full condom unravel itself and hang, yo-yoing, from her fist in full view of her fellow commuters.
Working...
X