• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soccer Aid: Fuck Off

Shearer still a cheating cunt then.

Comment

rick derris wrote:
      who is that jones bloke? is he welsh? he looks quite good. i have no idea who he is and i am sure this poxy thing doesn't count as a full international, so he could play for what is obviously the land of his fathers

toshack?
      The Jones on the ROW side is Gethin, the former Blue Peter presenter and Welsh. The one on the English side is in McFly apparently.

There are a lot of people on the pitch I don't know anything about, I am going to spend half time researching who they are.

Comment

Er, was it wise to use this particular photo of Di Canio on the ITV/Soccer Aid site;

Comment

did kenny daglish really win the league with half time team talks as piss poor as that?

Comment

It's a pity they don't have Fabio Capello as a pundit. He could really lay into Harry Redknapp, saying that he's "killing" Jonathan Wilkes by playing him out of position.

Comment

told you that jones (out of mcfly) was decent. that cross he put in for shearer was excellent

draco off harry potter coming on. WHY AM I WATCHING THIS?

Comment

There's a bit of Tom Huddlestone about Craig David in an England kit isn't there?

Comment

Alan Shearer went in with both feet on Baresi, earlier - there was a notable absence of replays for that.

Graeme Le Saux doesn't look like he's done any form of exercise since he retired.

Comment

Ah, I just worked out who Santiago Cabrero played in Heroes. He's not a bad player at all.

Comment

"celebrated by the music of his great mate Robbie Williams", while Vertigo by U2 plays in the background.

Cock.

Comment

Is it OK to spend £2 million on a wedding if you do remain faithful?

Also, kids who need liver transplants costing 50 grand - these should be paid for by the NHS. That's why it's there. And if the rich, including Beckham although I guess he's fucked off now, but before that, were taxed properly then it could afford it, and then no one would have to sit through this kind of nnonsense.

Comment

The same with jamie oliver to an extent,got lucky spotted by a documentary maker and has a modicum of personality and therefore and subsequently becomes 'the' spokes person for all things food related.
                          i really dont get it.
                          I agree with you about the Beckham/McCann thing but it was unpopular when I mentioned it at the time.

To be fair to Oliver, he does know what he is talking about in this particular case, it being his job and that and he was the one banging the drum about school dinners at the start and is still doing it now that it is unfashionable.

The campaigns he does with Sainsbury's seem to be well-thought out and the Fifteen project seems to work as well.

Generally, he used his influence very well

Comment

I didnt see the match. Bugger. but i did see the first half hour, turned it off when Ant said kick off in an hour, was desperate by then. Jus enjoyed watching training. Jonnie ("I kno Robbie! he's my bezza mate,really! but his phone seems to be turned off this year, er..tv presenter") Wilkes was running around after Harry redknapp trying to impress enough to be named captain talking endless tactics to the great man. Because the man who should manage England needs to be told Craig Davids a bit dodgy at the back. Still he got the job (always knew Des Walker, David Seaman or Alan Shearer wern't up to the task of tellin gareth gates what to do) and so came the funniest thing Jamie Theakston has ever said and for what i now love the guy "its funny but I thought you had to be a celeb or footballer to be captain?"

Comment

Paolo Di Canio is looking more like Kevin Rowland (negligee era) than ever.

Is it my imaginasheeyun, or was Graeme Le Saux getting booed?

And how come the England team was a mix of genuinely high-class former pros, and the sort of Z-list 'celebs' most people would be scratching their heads to place (some GMTV presenter whose name has already escaped me, and Jonathan fucking Wilkes)?

I mean, even Fulchester United managed to sign Shakin' Stevens and Mick Hucknall.

Comment

EIM wrote:
                                I thought Craig David was meant to chill on Sundays?

Comment

Presumably because they wanted celebs who could 'play a bit'.

Harry being interviewed on the touchline by his daughter-in-law was car-crashingly awful.

Comment

Was Lee Latchford Evans playing? (I only saw a couple of minutes.)

And what about Harvey?

Comment

This was on in the background in the pub while we were doing the pop quiz (we came fourth, by the way, dropping a couple of clangers that denied us a top two place); the first time I looked up I saw Tim Lovejoy interviewing Gordon Ramsay and thought football was bringing its very own Ultimate Room 101 into our lives.

Comment

What Lyra said.

Comment

Such is our multi-channelled culture, I hardly knew this was on. For the record, I watched a Filmflex double-bill - the 1938 Errol Flynn Robin Hood epic where, unbeknownst to me, corrupt clerics speak in American accents, and the peerless For A Few Dollars More.

Just what ya need for a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Comment

Craig David was slated to play in Jason Dodd's testimonial many moons ago, but it was found that he was under a ban from the Hampshire FA, after failing to pay an £18 fine in 1998.

If at least some of Soccer Aid's money has been used to pay off this draconian Mutu-like penalty, it will have been a worthy cause.

Comment

It took me a while to work out that you were actually talking about Craig David, and not Rio Ferdinand.

Comment

Working...
                                              X