If I were famous....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
    I often think about how I'd handle certain decisions that I will never have to make. I think it could make an interesting get-to-know-you quiz. Please feel free to add your own answers and questions

Question
    1) If I were a professional baseball player, my walk-up music would be ...

2) If I were a movie star or a multimillionaire without a regular job, but occasionally had to go places to work, I would live in ...

3) If I were to appear on a late night talk show, like Conan or Fallon, I would wear ...
    Answer
    1) Aisha, Iggy Pop & Death In Vegas

2) Glasgow

3) Even if I said what I would wear now, I would likely change my mind several times before I went on, including at least three times in the hour before I went on.

Comment

Spanish Stroll

Kelvinside

Black slacks. Black tee or polo.

Comment

1. Something from the golden age of Herb Alpert. Anything. I mean it would all work.

2. Somewhere with deciduous trees

3. Jeans and a jumper. It's too late to change now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno
          1. The part of "Black Sabbath" where Ozzy goes "Oh no, no, please God help me"

2. Ravello

3. I don't think you can go wrong dressing up, and I wouldn't be famous for anything cool. suit and tie
          I'm thinking studios can be very hot with he lights and I tend to get hot and swear. But Letterman, at least, kept his very cold for that reason. So that's a factor.

Comment

Can I be booked for the same show as Hobbes, please?
            That's very flattering. And a bit confusing.

Anyway answers:-

Song: Push by The Cure. Greatest song opening ever. So good they do it again in the middle.

Place: Mid May - Mid September a spacious pied-a-terre in Zone 1 (maybe overlooking Regent's Park?) then the rest in somewhere warm and picturesque. Maybe Palma di Mallorca, maybe some time in southern Spain or Italy.

Clobber: Huntsman or maybe Henry Poole dark navy bespoke suit, ivory Henry Herbert shirt, Oliver People's frames, chocolate brown D&G loafers over Tom Ford socks, Paul Smith pocket handkerchief. Copy of American Psycho in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post

Song: Push by The Cure. Greatest song opening ever. So good they do it again in the middle.

Place: Mid May - Mid September a spacious pied-a-terre in Zone 1 (maybe overlooking Regent's Park?) then the rest in somewhere warm and picturesque. Maybe Palma di Mallorca, maybe some time in southern Spain or Italy.

Clobber: Huntsman or maybe Henry Poole dark navy bespoke suit, ivory Henry Herbert shirt, Oliver People's frames, chocolate brown D&G loafers over Tom Ford socks, Paul Smith pocket handkerchief. Copy of American Psycho in hand.
              Sorry, it was an afterthought joke on account of having picked flip-flops for my footwear. (In fairness, so did San Bernardhinault.)
              But I really do like them. And my feet are quite well cared for, nails tidy, no odd protrusions. Sorry....

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post

Ooh, best answer yet. Mine would be 'Collision' by Loop. Place, here probably, or London. Wouldn't really matter if you didn't need to work and could go anywhere. Clothing, no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                  1. Oblivion by Terrorvision.

2. I'd probably spend six months somewhere and move on. Hawaii (Big Island), Alaska, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore.

3. A t-shirt with a Firefly based design and jeans. Black jeans, you know, classy, like.
                  These are all very excellent calls. I would probably go for very dark blue jeans though.

Comment

1. The Man Don't Give a Fuck by Super Furry Animals (I always thought I'd use this as my walk out music in a sport I actually like, such as darts or MMA, so I guess the principle is the same)
                    2. I'd probably stay in Penang for the time being. Or somewhere in Greece.
                    3. A t-shirt. I certainly wouldn't bother with a suit.

Comment

1. Would have to be this one.

2. Multiple places, but I'd definitely have a pad in San Sebastian. I don't think I'd be a mansion guy, definitely apartment.

3. Packie Bonner's Italia 90 goalkeeper kit?

Comment

30 seconds of ads to see that AP, but that's a fine beard.

1. https://youtu.be/rUzQF7PBtZU Zobie la mouche
                        2. Istanbul in Beşiktaş with a Bosphorus view naturally
                        3. My USSR Euro 88 replica shirt
                        Last edited by Antepli Ejderha; 16-07-2017, 10:37.

Comment

1. Rock Music by the Pixies, my ultimate gearing up for mayhem, or adventurous strokeplay, (if those of us on this side of The Pond are substituting 20/20 for baseball) track.

2. Soooooooo hard. I'd really like to move from place to place every six months or so but I'll take the patriotic route for now and go for somewhere in SW England, maybe the north coast of Devon.

3. I recently bought a simple white short with an embossed pattern which I really like. That with a pair of tan-coloured pants and some nice, sharp brown shoes that I have. No labels, no pack drill.
                          Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 16-07-2017, 15:24.

Comment

LNV is a very fine choice for walk up music, ae

Comment

1. 'Northern Sky' by Nick Drake

2. Jan-March Glebe in Sydney
                              Apr-Oct Barcelona
                              Nov-Dec London

3. Black sta-prest trousers, black bowling shoes and a long-sleeved Ben Sherman shirt (not tucked in). If it was an early evening show, like the 'One Show', it would be cream chinos,
                              beige desert boots, and a long-sleeved blue Hilfiger or Levis shirt.

Comment

It's important not to pick something too catchy that might stick in your head and mess up your swing.

Comment

Sorry, it was an afterthought joke on account of having picked flip-flops for my footwear.
                                  Ahhhh! Gotcha! I'll remember to pack my foot hammers.

Comment

Glebe is a very specific choice Satchmo. Have you spent time there?

Comment

1. 'Somebody Else's Guy' by Jocelyn Brown. Right from the start. I'd have to walk out very slowly to let it get to the bit where the bass drops and the song itself actually starts, but as one of Renart's friends put it on Facebook a few months ago, that part is like seeing God, so it'd be worth it.

2. Of places I've been to, Buenos Aires. They just gave me residency six months ago, and you want me to leave now?! If I had that money I'd buy a nice-sized place with a terrace, and get all my books, CDs and vinyl shipped over from my parents' place at last.

3. No way am I appearing on Argentine prime time television. I have some dignity, you know.

Comment

1). This Fire Burns by Killswitch Engage. If the WWE kicks up a fuss, Blood Red Sky by Seth Lakeman.

2). Some eco Grand Design in England. Close enough to London but not too bloody close.

3). A properly tailored three piece (none of this ankle swinging, skinny fit crap that the youths favour, thank you), a pair of Loakes, a white shirt and a tie with floral pattern. Cuff links, belt and socks that complement the tie.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                          Glebe is a very specific choice Satchmo. Have you spent time there?
                                          Hi Sits, its Serge (not Satchmo!).

I stayed at Glebe YHA at the end of Glebe Point Road in late'95 and then again from Jan to July 2000. I've never enjoyed walking down a road as much as GPR (and I've been to Haight Ashbury!). There's a row of houses just before the Backpackers and YHA which would do me a treat!

Comment

1. I'd give "Dopesmoker" by Sleep a go
                                            2. Chicago

Comment

Originally posted by Serge Gainsbourg View Post
                                              Hi Sits, its Serge (not Satchmo!).

I stayed at Glebe YHA at the end of Glebe Point Road in late'95 and then again from Jan to July 2000. I've never enjoyed walking down a road as much as GPR (and I've been to Haight Ashbury!). There's a row of houses just before the Backpackers and YHA which would do me a treat!
                                              Oops sorry. And I'll pay special attention next time I'm in that neck of the woods.

Comment

I think I would rather be rich than famous.

Comment

Any well adjusted person would

Comment

You don't see yourself on Jersey Shore then, UA?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X