If I were famous....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were famous....

I often think about how I'd handle certain decisions that I will never have to make. I think it could make an interesting get-to-know-you quiz. Please feel free to add your own answers and questions

Question
    1) If I were a professional baseball player, my walk-up music would be ...

2) If I were a movie star or a multimillionaire without a regular job, but occasionally had to go places to work, I would live in ...

3) If I were to appear on a late night talk show, like Conan or Fallon, I would wear ...

Answer
    1) Fugazi's Waiting Room. Start it a few seconds in so that it would get through the bass bit and into the drums by the time I got to the plate.

2) Toronto. I like where I live now but it's not convenient to a major airport

3) If it were on Colbert, I'd get a nehru suit. (Why haven't those taken off? No collar. No tie. Perfect.) If it were on Fallon, Seth Meyers, or Conan, white button down shirt and jeans and my 510 sneakers. Charlie Rose, a solid color LL Bean cotton sweater over a t-shirt.
    Last edited by Hot Pepsi; 14-07-2017, 20:14.

Question
    1) If I were a professional baseball player, my walk-up music would be ... The Lebanon by The Human League.

2) If I were a movie star or a multimillionaire without a regular job, but occasionally had to go places to work, I would live in ... Las Vegas or Amsterdam.

3) If I were to appear on a late night talk show, like Conan or Fallon Seth Meyers, I would wear a kilt.

Comment

1. Funhouse by the Stooges.

2. Prague in summer, winter in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. Nah, fuck it, Glasgow. It's worth the rain.

3. I'd need a professional stylist. I'm still getting over that bootcut jeans are a thing to be ridiculed.
      Last edited by Lang Spoon; 14-07-2017, 20:38.

Comment

1. Caught in a Mosh - Anthrax. Excellent opening kerrang chords.

2. Berlin. Didn't even have to think about it.

3. Jeans and a T-shirt. It's what I wear, other than when I'm at work. If it counted as work, then a single-breasted suit, shirt and tie.

Comment

1) The Benny Hill theme

2) After months of touring the globe to find the perfect location that combined golden beaches, spectacular mountains (for looking at), rolling hills (for walking in) and year round sunshine I'd probably just end up buying somewhere with a decent back garden in south Manchester.

3) Whatever's currently on the racks at ASDA

Comment

1) Golden Surf II — Pere Ubu

2) Reykjavík

3) Red & Green shoes, black slacks and black shirt with alternating red and green buttons.

Comment

Search and Destroy

Ubud, Bali

Clothes (I have no idea. I guess whatever I currently owned that I felt made me look the best)

Comment

1. Oblivion by Terrorvision.

2. I'd probably spend six months somewhere and move on. Hawaii (Big Island), Alaska, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore.

3. A t-shirt with a Firefly based design and jeans. Black jeans, you know, classy, like.

Comment

I had you pegged more as a "Celebrity Hit List" kinda guy.

Comment

1. Pink Flag by Wire. I would do some aggressive windmills with my arms during the drum rolls (is that something baseball players do?)

2. Edinburgh

3. In the summer, something like this but with white kicks instead of sandals. In winter months, same type of thing but in turquoise velvet with a pair of DMs or suede cowboy boots (why the fuck not)

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                      Search and Destroy

Ubud, Bali

Clothes (I have no idea. I guess whatever I currently owned that I felt made me look the best)
                      You wouldn't have to own it, necessarily. People on those shows can get a stylist - either their own, the movie studio's or the show's - to get them something.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                        I had you pegged more as a "Celebrity Hit List" kinda guy.
                        Oblivion has the better intro for the crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                          I often think about how I'd handle certain decisions that I will never have to make. I think it could make an interesting get-to-know-you quiz. Please feel free to add your own answers and questions

Question
                          1) If I were a professional baseball player, my walk-up music would be ...

2) If I were a movie star or a multimillionaire without a regular job, but occasionally had to go places to work, I would live in ...

3) If I were to appear on a late night talk show, like Conan or Fallon, I would wear ...
                          1. Can't get the baseball reference really but any intro for me would have to be "Overkill" (live version) by Motörhead.

2. Actually, Bath, where I am now. With other homes in London, New York and Havana.

3. An Adam of London dog tooth three piece suit, a black Paul Smith black shirt, Vivienne Westwood skull and crossbones cufflinks and black George Cox Gibson shoes.

Comment

For those unfamiliar with contemporary baseball, but familiar with cricket, imagine a world in which each individual batsman walked to the crease with his own personally-selected theme tune

Comment

1 - Cecilia Ann by the Pixies

2 - San Diego (but a bit nearer the coast) in summer and autumn. Moab in the spring. Cape Town in the (northern) Winter.

3 - A pair of board shorts, a baggy, plain, v-necked t-shirt, shabby flip-flops

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                For those unfamiliar with contemporary baseball, but familiar with cricket, imagine a world in which each individual batsman walked to the crease with his own personally-selected theme tune
                                I think sometimes they let somebody else select it, but I would definitely want to pick.

Comment

1. Tomorrow Never Knows - Beatles

2. Halki in Greece

3. Something quite modest, smart casual. Checked shirt.

Comment

1) LFO by LFO, so as to blow the speakers and remove music from sport.
                                    2) Cornwall
                                    3) Indigo jeans and whichever shirt falls to hand that day.

Comment

1 - Meat & Potatoes - Belle & Sebastian
                                      2 - Triesenberg
                                      3 - Toga

Comment

1. Naci Orishas - Orishas
                                        2. June-Sept, coastal Pembrokeshire; Oct-Jan, Wellington (NZ); Feb-May, Himachal Pradesh
                                        3. Open-necked shirt, blue Levis, flip-flops.

Can I be booked for the same show as Hobbes, please?

Comment

1 - depends on how long the music needs to be for? 30 seconds? I'm sure I could find the right 30 seconds from Let It Happen by Tame Impala, somewhere from the second half of it.

For a cricketer to walk to the crease would take a minute. I have no idea how long it would take a baseballer. If I needed 75 seconds, I'd go with the start of The Light Pours Out of Me by Magazine.

Maybe Meanwhile by Discharge, just for the bantz. Make 'em think, yeah!

Or I could just sod trying in any way to be cool or cred and go for Maria (I Like It Loud) by Scooter. I'd be pointing, jumping, DO-DO-DO DO-DO DOO-DOO-DOOOing all over the shop. Would be Scenes.

2 - I do like Scotland a lot. And Germany. Maybe the lazy person in me would suggest Scotland, but I'd need better weather. If I was that rich, I would definitely move out of England, cannot stomach living with other English people. Anywhere I could attend football matches and go to occasional gigs really.

3 - A t-shirt for a band so hipster it'd make you cry, or my Birmingham City away kit from 2015/16. I haven't given this much thought.

* Huge fan of AdC's musical choice above.

Comment

Sparky's Dream Teenage Fanclub

Somewhere really remote in central France

Light blue shirt, my Steve McQueen style chinos and tan Oxfords.

Comment

I will stride out of the pavilion to the sound of Sibelius, perhaps best known in Britain as the theme tune for This Week. The stirring bit starts about a minute in, and by the end of the second minute the fielders will have fled to the furthest boundary and the bowler will have pulled a hamstring in his heart.

I'll divide my time between New Mexico and a Danish island.

My fans will expect me to wear my trademark hat. Jimmy Stewart meets Bogart, with a hint of pork pie.

Comment

1. Lights out for darker skies - British Sea Power
                                                2. October to March - a cottage on the north west coast of Mull, between Calgary and Ulva.
                                                April - St.Petersburg, Florida.
                                                May to July - Edinburgh.
                                                August to September - somewhere in Germany, still searching for the perfect place.
                                                3. T-shirt, jeans, Merrell trainers.

Comment

The clips are usually about 15-20 seconds long, as the batter is already in the "on deck circle" (roughly equivalent to deep extra cover). Were T20 cricket ever to adopt this (and to be honest, I'm rather shocked the IPL has not), I would think they would start as the batsman crosses onto the field of play.

BTW.

1) The opening riff to Miles Davis' version of So What? (sometimes replaced by an instrumental version of the Bear Necessities from the animated Jungle Book)
                                                  2) NYC. I don't even have any interest in changing apartments now.
                                                  3) I would do everything in my power to avoid the circumstance, but likely something very normcore or one of my vintage replica baseball jerseys with jeans. Maybe the 1882 Gothams

Last edited by ursus arctos; 15-07-2017, 12:37.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X