Van attack in Finsbury Park, north London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Van attack in Finsbury Park, north London

A van driver has ploughed into a crowd of worshippers leaving the mosque in Finsbury Park. Reports of serious injuries.

The Mail referring to fucking Abu Hamza in their headline. Racists gloating about this in Muslims' mentions on Twitter.

Comment

Maybe people who commit crimes should simply be called "criminals" in future to avoid any misunderstanding, ethnic/religious bias or false aura of something more menacing. Just bloody criminals.

Comment

Police confirm one dead and eight inured. A man has been arrested at the scene, witnesses reported seeing other men jump out of the van.

Edit:

The man was arrested after being detained by members of the public, one of those was interviewed inn the BBC just now and he said it took half an hour for the police and ambulances to arrive.
        Last edited by Antepli Ejderha; 19-06-2017, 05:08.

Comment

BBC and Guardian avoiding (so far) photos of the van, whereas international websites are telling the world about Pontyclun.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
            BBC and Guardian avoiding (so far) photos of the van, whereas international websites are telling the world about Pontyclun.
            Pontyclun? Or did you mean Portugal?

Comment

The van was rented in Pontyclun.

Comment

Ugh, not again. Thoughts with those caught up in this. Reading on the Graun's live blog that the driver, having been citizens-arrested, was protected from the understandably angry crowds by the Imam until the police arrived. Kudos to him if true.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul S View Post
                  Pontyclun? Or did you mean Portugal?
                  Photo of the van in guardian show it's from Pontyclun.

Comment

Oh for fuck's sake. It's a sign of changing times that it took the police half an hour to get there. Ten Years ago, I used to offer Chips to the policemen in the unmarked squad car parked across the road, after I would stumble out of the Old Triangle at three in the morning after spending the evening playing music.

Meanwhile in the US
                    Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 19-06-2017, 09:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                      Photo of the van in guardian show it's from Pontyclun.
                      I hope all the arseholes who "call upon the moderate Muslim community to condemn this outrage" will do the same to the moderate Welsh community today.

Comment

Another eye-witness at the scene quoted on the Guardian live-blog stated that it took the police eight minutes to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                          I hope all the arseholes who "call upon the moderate Muslim community to condemn this outrage" will do the same to the moderate Welsh community today.
                          On behalf of the people of Wales I completely and unequivocally condemn this attack, it does not represent the vast majority of the people who are peace loving etc.

It sounds completely ridiculous which I'm sure is the point Harry is making.

Comment

I think the guy who is dead might have already suffered a heart attack, an interview on the radio this morning with a witness said that an elderly man was taken ill as he left the mosque before the van appeared, and with a charge only of attempted murder against the van driver this would seem to bear this out.

Comment

BBC news seemed to confirm the dead man was the one receiving CPR.

It stated it was not clear "at this time" whether the fatality was directly cause by being struck by the van, or his condition had caused this,

Comment

At least here, it would still be murder if the heart attack was caused by the approach of the van.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-north-london?

There's footage on here of the man being arrested. After he's safely inside the police van he gives the crowd a wave, how brazen.

Comment

Would it not be murder in the UK?

Comment

I don't know how the English and Welsh system deals with such situations. Different jurisdictions do so differently.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                        At least here, it would still be murder if the heart attack was caused by the approach of the van.
                                        Reports are obviously confused at this stage. But there are some that suggest the collapse was wholly separate. If there was already a group of people gathered together, static, tending to someone, they would unfortunately provide the easiest possible target when the van showed up.

Comment

That's been my reading of all the reports too.

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                          https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-north-london?

There's footage on here of the man being arrested. After he's safely inside the police van he gives the crowd a wave, how brazen.
                                          The cunt is going to be begging for 24hr solitary confinement in whatever prison he ends up in.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                            Not if the cardiac condition had started before the attack - but if it prevented further treatment, or exacerbated it - it'd be manslaughter

However, I fear this might be the least of the charges levied against this defendant - starting with attempted murder (racially motivated)

Comment

Comment

Where are you getting those quotes from Ursos?

I'm really shocked. I know that estate well and have several friends who live there.

Comment

From today's Metro, via Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                                  X