Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    A spokeswoman for the mayor of London has told the Guardian that the British Red Cross is now leading the volunteer effort on the ground around Grenfall Tower. However, a spokeswoman for the Red Cross has said she was not aware of the news.
    They cannot even get the basics right. It's since been clarified who will be leading the relief effort but it's a disorganised uncoordinated mess.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    The Met say 58 are missing and presumed dead.

Leave a comment:

• Sean of the Shed
    replied
    Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
    Theresa May is going to meet some of those affected but again she's not going to the scene but conducting the meeting at number ten. She, and her advisers, really lack basic skills of empathy and compassion.
    They just don't fucking try, and they don't fucking care. The woman is completely appalled by the great unwashed. I guarantee she carries a small tube of bactericidal lotion to rub on her hands in case she comes into contact with poor people.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
    The Hammersmith tube line has again been closed due to concerns about the safety of the building.
    They've clarified this, they worry is about falling debris rather than the structure of the building itself.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Theresa May is going to meet some of those affected but again she's not going to the scene but conducting the meeting at number ten. She, and her advisers, really lack basic skills of empathy and compassion.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Locals are again complaining about the lack of coordination at the scene and are worried that many of the donations could spoil.

The Hammersmith tube line has again been closed due to concerns about the safety of the building.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    https://mobile.twitter.com/jeremycor...ger-grows-live

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Corbyn on Twitter publishes his letter to May.

I've finally added the link below.
    Last edited by Antepli Ejderha; 17-06-2017, 10:34.

Leave a comment:

• HindleA
    replied
    Yep,also cases where you need a wheelchair accessible property,friend was crawling upstairs for over a year until such a place became available.More generally,it took us well over a year for independent egress to be ensured in own home,not a moan,we were fortunate,just an outlining.It's a national scandal,frustratingly with judicious investment,that horrible word regulations(they ditched sensible ones to ease future adaptions in houses)some of it at very low level,and planning,the eventual financial savings,not to say improvement in lives would be astronomical.

Leave a comment:

• Viktor Boskovic
    replied
    Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
    The elderly and infirm were not placed on the top floors. No-one in their right mind would do this

A Twitter thread explaining how and why disabled people get housed on the top floors

That link, and the comments on it would certainly reflect my experience in the past with social housing - the lack of accessible property is widespread, and when I was in the position of needing to find somewhere accessible, you end up accepting somewhere not quite right (like struggling to get up a couple of steps), for fear of turning something down and ending up on the bottom of the waiting list, and continuing to stay in somewhere even worse.

Leave a comment:

• delicatemoth
    replied
    The elderly and infirm were not placed on the top floors. No-one in their right mind would do this

A Twitter thread explaining how and why disabled people get housed on the top floors

I take the view that whenever the SWP get involved in a cause it instantly loses credibility.

They turn up. They're not invited. When I attended the Lucy Meadows vigil outside the Mail offices some of their placards were in evidence. What were we supposed to do, start a ruck with them? At a vigil for a dead woman? They'll organise demos while being coy about being involved (eg last night's one in central London). Many people are ignorant about what cunts they are. Please don't discredit a cause just because these arseholes show up.
    Last edited by delicatemoth; 17-06-2017, 09:37.

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    That twitter feed reporting British news as if we were some rogue tinpot state, never so appropriate as now. The level of negligence and malfeasance leading to hell that folk shrug their shoulders about and say typical when it happens in Poor World. This is the end result of TINA, The Third Way, Workfare, the control of local finance from the Treasury (barring Lunnon and the Sexy cities of England, and the devolved fiscal trapped devolvers, still all hamstrung whether London or Manc or Holyrood to an extent greater than most regions or cities of Europe (ignoring similarly centralised Ireland)), decanting refugees and forgetting in whatever sub prime a council can find, substandard services for all-and Christ I don't mean that to sound refugee blaming, bad phrasing, was about councils from London to Glasgow under Blair to May approval of hosting asylum seekers in substandard accommodation- letting the market set regulation for almost every industry as far as the EU would allow, permanent austerity, a forty plus year growing boil.
    Last edited by Lang Spoon; 17-06-2017, 00:23.

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    They are giving Top Media privileged fenced off private access to the site? Locals be damned. So rotten a city, a country, the wrong people always in charge.

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    Locals are angry, not only with tragedy itself but increasingly with the intrusion of outsiders:

Having spent an hour down there this morning meetings friends old and new. Let me tell, the anger on the street is palpable. Anyone who stops and talks to friends etc are being approached by journalists. We got approached by two in five minutes. One div from the Wall Street Journal asked us 'what kind of people lived in the block?' . 'Humans' we replied. Then he asked ' what nationalities lived there?' So I told him to read the uk papers to find your info it's well documemented. It appears you can't walk down certain streets unless you're a journalist. The scene is being treated like a big event with certain 'VIP' people getting access to all areas. Meanwhile locals can't go and visit friends. I managed to get access as a friend of a friend lived beyond the barriers.

As for anger, I got a bit angry with the amount of people on Latimer Rd station platforms and the train taking pictures of the building. It's wrong on every level. Those peoples last moments were captured live on TV and now people are rubber necking. I expect an open top tour bus to go past in the next week. Saddest thing I've ever seen in my life.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul S View Post
    Staggering to think that 72 hours ago those residents went to bed safe in their flats and what has happened since.
    Many of them knew they weren't safe and when they complained they were treated as annoyances.

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    protest seems to be petering out, according to the Grauniad.

Leave a comment:

• Paul S
    replied
    Staggering to think that 72 hours ago those residents went to bed safe in their flats and what has happened since.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
    The Mail have stuck up a "this is the darkie whose fridge started the fire, look at him in a pub smiling" tweet.

That's appalling.
    It was on their website earlier.

Leave a comment:

• Paul S
    replied
    Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
    Sadly, reports suggest the SWP have hijacked proceedings.
    I take the view that whenever the SWP get involved in a cause it instantly loses credibility.

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
    Almost as bad as Tommy Robinson it's those rape apologists and their disgusting typeface moronic slogan cause leeching placards. Fuck the fuck off youse bastards. Richard Boyd Barrett of the Irish branch office (strangely PBP is ever quiet on their agreed Party position on the Northern Question) is probably the best of them. And he's just. Awful.

Now Corbyn has real authority, and mass active membership (the Nats by comparison ran a volunteer light threadbare campaign with reportedly only 10,000 active campaigners from a membership of 120,000- not much better than SLab) behind him, he has to ditch any association, any assistance from those useless and dangerous bastards. No need for the pricks ever again.
    Last edited by Lang Spoon; 16-06-2017, 20:46.

Leave a comment:

• Tubby Isaacs
    replied
    The Mail have stuck up a "this is the darkie whose fridge started the fire, look at him in a pub smiling" tweet.

That's appalling.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
    I'm a bit scared what the robocops and kettling fucks will do if the protests are massive and unruly for the march on Whitehall. The polis weren't tooled up in 2011 (and noone was attacking the power centre). I'm sure there will be plenty around this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    According to Lily Allen the EDL have turned up.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lilyallen...72721103343616

Leave a comment:

• Tubby Isaacs
    replied
    Originally posted by Anorak Smith View Post
    As one of the protesters was quick to point out, the cladding and refurb cost £10m. Too late, Theresa, way too late, this should have been stumped up on Wednesday, with no cap.
    In fairness, there was already money, under an established process called Bellwin Money, announced by Sajid Javid yesterday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellwin_scheme

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
    I wish there was a hell where Megan McCardle could suffer a rigorous cost/profit analysis for eternity. What a piece of shit
    That hell would have sprinklers in it, unlike those poor people who died in a 1000°C inferno.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X