Pubs w upstairs rooms for hire in Central London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking for one. A pub with an upstairs room for hire/whatever, for an event. Lamb & Flag and Theodore Bullfrog booked. Any suggestions much appreciated.

The Betsey Trotwood on Farringdon Road used to have a good little function room. I had a great 30th birthday bash there recently*.

And the Old Red Lion on St John Street has a great space - sadly it is now and then taken over by actors and people clapping, which can get in the way of your drinking/dancing/free-form dub echo chamber performance poetry.

* My wife informs me that it was actually 1994.

Comment

How many people for, Wingco?

Comment

The White Swan

Also there's a place just round the corner from Picadilly circus.

Comment

Wossname on Wells Street. The Champion.

The Plough on Museum Street

Comment

Brilliant, folks, thanks.

Comment

Nearly every Sam Smith's has an upstairs for hire; the Calthrope on Grays Inn Road is good.

Comment

Only just seen this thread - sorry!

If you're forced outside of central London, I can vouch for The Cavendish Arms in Vauxhall/Stockwell. The 'Synthetic' club is held there, in the back room, monthly. It's small, but perfectly formed.

Comment

Lyra wrote:
                  Wossname on Wells Street. The Champion.

The Plough on Museum Street
                  I first went to The Champion in 98/99 and fell in love with it, but it seemed to have gone downhill slightly on each subsequent visit. We've kind of missed the optimum time of year to be there: late Summer, when the lowering sun is streaming through the array of stained glass windows. Physically, it's great - it's just the atmosphere that could do with renovation.

Comment

What did you go with?

Comment

I went to a birthday bash at this place a while ago. In fact, you might have been there, Wingco. Quite a small upstairs room, but I dunno, that might be what you want.

There's also the Horse & Groom on Great Portland St (scene of the Manics' first London gig, fact fans) where Mueller and I held our joint book launch.

Comment

We hired the Head Of Steam at Euston station for our wedding reception awhile ago (aaah, it only seems like yesterday, how time flies). Mind you, in an attempt to distance themselves from the legacy of our patronage they've even renamed the pub.

Comment

When I had to choose one last year at short notice for my half-century, I managed to get The Artillery Arms by Bunhill Fields near Old Street. Still, it has excellent beer which would be wasted on a lager-boy like yourself...

Comment

The Garrison near London Bridge has a private room for hire downstairs that's nice. Might not be central enough but it has worked for me in the past.

http://www.thegarrison.co.uk/TheGarrison_V8_Flash_content.html

For about 100 people max. £50 Mon - Wed. £100 Thurs-Sun

Comment

Wingco:

Just excavating this thread to ask which pub you ended up using and if it was any good. Just for future referece, like. It's worth knowing these things.

Comment

Working...
                              X