So, Boston, then

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, Boston, then

I'm sure we've had a Boston thread on here before, but given the feeble state of the search engine on here I can't spare the additional grey hairs to go looking for it.

Anyhow, mrs b are going there for a week at the beginning of May: anyone got any recommendations? We'll probably do all the obvious touristy stuff (Aquarium, USS Constitution, Skywalk Observatory) but any other suggestions - for folks who are based downtown and won't have a car - welcome.

Ta!

So, Boston, then

A start.

Comment

So, Boston, then

Look out for The Stump.

Comment

So, Boston, then

I went as a tourist last year. We did the Fenway Park tour and went to a baseball game in the evening. Mrs Thistle really loved it.

She also found out about this thing called the Mapparium in the Mary Baker Eddy building next to the massive Christian Science church. You get to walk through a giant illuminated stained glass globe that was constructed in the 1930s. It's mad but is really cheap compared to a lot of things and takes less than half an hour.

We also did the first half of the freedom trail up to Fanuiel Hall (sp?), which was very interesting and visited the Make Way for Ducklings Statue in the big park opposite the Cheers Bar. Mrs Thistle really likes ducks, which is why we "had" to go and see those.

A weekly pass for the light rail system works out good value and would be handy if you don't have a car.

Comment

So, Boston, then

Go to Southie and watch the yuppies move in.

Comment

So, Boston, then

Yay! I do repeat myself...

Comment

So, Boston, then

Gangster Octopus wrote: Yay! I do repeat myself...
              And that's twice I've resisted the temptation to make that joke!

Comment

So, Boston, then

What's worrying about that archive is how little things have changed in nearly 10 years -

http://archive.onetouchfootball.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=019499

Comment

Working...
                X