Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

America's most confusing traffic signs

jason voorhees wrote:
    Hopefully they changed it since I was there in '91, but the fact that Los Angeles only had numbers on their exits - without saying what part of town it was, was the worst thing I've ever seen.

Exit 87 is Compton ? Exit 89 is East LA ? Exit 91 is Dodger Stadium ? Exit 82 is Beverly Hills ? Damned if I know.
    Gotta say JV, don't know what you're talking about. I don't ever remember any freeway exit signs only with numbers. Maybe on the exit signs themselves, but there are always the big giant signs over the freeway that show what exits are coming up. Matter of fact, the exit signs themselves at the offramps have only really just started adding numbers to them recently. It just seems non-Angeleno, dammit.

Comment

The thing I remember is signs with only names, not directions, so if you knew that you need to go North, but had no clue where Alhambra or Glendale were, you were screwed.

Comment

That can be true a lot of times.

But virtually everyone that lives and drives in LA has one of these in their car:

My dad still has his 1986 edition, with pages falling out, and the Century Freeway depicted as a dashed line, since it was just under construction then.

Comment

Working...
        X