Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, hearing aids then...

No, I don't need one.

But I was gawking at them at Costco on Sunday and was blown away at the prices. Now, I know it's a medical device and all that, but is it a big racket?

What could possibly drive the price of what's basically a small bluetooth device into the $1200 range? Is it like those orthotics for your shoes; nobody knows what they should really so cost, so they charge whatever they like?

There's no magic dust or unicorn semen in them. It's just a tiny amplifier.

So, hearing aids then...

They have hearing aids at Costco? What's next - cars?

Comment

So, hearing aids then...

Ford is Costco's car hookup. You get $1000 off with a membership.

Comment

So, hearing aids then...

$1200 is at the lowish end of the price scale.

AARP try to explain.

Essentially, you were right. The lay person doesn't know, so they CAN charge what they like. And it also turns out, they have a cartel...

Comment

So, hearing aids then...

My dad's one came on the NHS.

Comment

So, hearing aids then...

WOM wrote: No, I don't need one.

But I was gawking at them at Costco on Sunday and was blown away at the prices. Now, I know it's a medical device and all that, but is it a big racket?

What could possibly drive the price of what's basically a small bluetooth device into the $1200 range? Is it like those orthotics for your shoes; nobody knows what they should really so cost, so they charge whatever they like?

There's no magic dust or unicorn semen in them. It's just a tiny amplifier.
            Hearing aids being a 'a big racket' would be the ultimate irony, I guess...

Comment

So, hearing aids then...

Hear hear!

Comment

Working...
              X