Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No

Comment

Actually the Guardian is just now reporting that the draft deal has just been finalised. It means Gibraltar can join Schengen (if they choose to I guess and they presumably will)

Comment

So because of Brexit, Gibraltar will be a British Overseas Territory where it’s easier to enter if you’re Spanish (or German/Dutch/French/etc) than British.

Comment

SOVRINTEY!!

Comment

Clever summary on Radio 5 just now: "it's taken us four and a half years to get a last minute deal".

Comment

Commiserations to ad hoc, treibeis, Stumpy Pepys and all the other OTF Britons in Europe tonight - granted, the 31st of January was probably the moment of greatest personal effect for all of you, but 11 o'clock will still be a point of finality, given that before the referendum you never had to give a second thought to any questions of identity.

Comment

Pretty sure all of those people have done the eminently sensible thing and taken German citizenship.

EDIT: <ahem> I didn't read the list properly. So, yeah. Stumpy, treibeis and Alderman Barnes have all done the sensible thing.
                Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 31-12-2020, 20:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                  Commiserations to ad hoc, treibeis, Stumpy Pepys and all the other OTF Britons in Europe tonight - granted, the 31st of January was probably the moment of greatest personal effect for all of you, but 11 o'clock will still be a point of finality, given that before the referendum you never had to give a second thought to any questions of identity.
                  Cheers, but it's all the poor bastards still stuck on the island that I'm sorry for.

Comment

Originally posted by beak View Post

Cheers, but it's all the poor bastards still stuck on the island that I'm sorry for.
                    This

Comment

I've liked both those posts, despite not really liking either of them.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                        Labour think it's a shit deal but voted for it anyway because the alternative is that they don't vote for it and it passes anyway.

Centre left parties around they world are having a competition to see who can be the absolute dumbest, and UK Labour have just thrown down the gauntlet.
                        Yes, the Australian Labor Party is doing the exact same thing. Pisses off long-term supporters, driving them to minor parties or independents and does nothing in terms of picking up voters who have voted for the Liberals or Nationals (conservatives) in the past. Madness

Comment

Chasing the mythical swing voting racist.

Comment

Are we having a community countdown in the run up to 11:00?

Comment

Perhaps it's best that Covid is here this year. New Years Eve is punchy enough in normal times without adding Brexit to it.

Comment

And so it begins.

Comment

Ends, surely.

Comment

Let it all come down.

Comment

How long before we start to hear the stories of buyers regret?

There are going to be many tales of people finding out that Brexit is going to affect their lives in ways they never thought.

Comment

What thread is the eel farmer on ?

Comment

So we're 46 minutes and 83 seconds into OUR FREEDOM and THEY still won't deliver pizzas to MY house, and it seems the supermarkets won't open until tomorrow morning.

Comment

Fireworks telling you how you're supposed to feel. Only a slightly bit big brother.

Comment

I have the feeling that, to get the best out of Brexit, I should keep up this precise level of pissed.

Comment

Eel meat again

Comment

It's been 15 hours 34 minutes and 78 seconds since OUR FREEDOM has been WON from THEM and our sunlit uplands are at present shrouded by cloud and flecked by the remnants of yesterday's ice/snow,

And still THEY refuse to deliver pizza to MY house despite MY desire to prosper mightily as an

independent

and

sovereign

individual

with the power to decide one's destiny blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Comment

Still, nothing compares to this.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X