No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The European Council conclusions are as constant as John Le Carre's titular gardener:

https://twitter.com/BarendLeyts/status/1316757117223735298

Comment

Here we go

https://twitter.com/samcoatessky/status/1317057335131594754?s=21

Comment

Gather your euros while you can:

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1317057335131594754

Comment

And they're trying to avoid using the words "No Deal" by replacing them with "Australia's terms". I bet someone at No 10 almost wanked themselves into unconsciousness when they came up with that one.

Comment

Someone in No 10 has evidently been reading Schrodinger lately:

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1317138437057687552

Comment

No need for gags. They lie every single day

Comment

What a fucking triumph. What an absolute fucking triumph. Do you reckon the 52% of fuckwits would have voted for Brexit if we'd told them chocolate was going to cost 21% more? Or bacon sarnies 15% more? Tomatoes 14% more? Or BMWs 10% more? Would they fuck.

Comment

Yes, if they were told it was going to keep out the forrins.

Comment

I've no idea how much BMWs cost. I see around 170k are sold in the UK each year. That's more than I'd have guessed. Still, I don't think a 10% price rise will affect that many people. Chocolate, now, that's a different kettle of ball games.

Comment

170k? Is that *new* BMWs? Blimey.

Comment

Appaz, yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                          What a fucking triumph. What an absolute fucking triumph. Do you reckon the 52% of fuckwits would have voted for Brexit if we'd told them chocolate was going to cost 21% more? Or bacon sarnies 15% more? Tomatoes 14% more? Or BMWs 10% more? Would they fuck.
                          They knew what they voted for, every bit of needless tariff, regulation, hassle caused by this shit show will be accepted as a must to achieve 'sovereignity' and foreigners blamed for it...except when the USA impose on us whatever they wish, in that case it will be necessary compromise

Comment

Originally posted by Jimski View Post
                            170k? Is that *new* BMWs? Blimey.
                            I bet quite a few of those will be fleet cars and rentals.

Comment

They were told it would lead to price rises.

But Johnson et al said this was scaremongering and Project Fear.

It's obviously going to be someone else's fault.

Comment

Yes, it's the EU negotiating in bad faith. I thought everyone was on board with that self-evident truth.

Comment

"We survived the blitz, we can survive a more expensive bacon sandwich", they will reply. Unaware that the blitz was, erm, imposed on us, while the expensive bacon sandwich is entirely self-inflicted and unnecessary.

Comment

And that quite a significant number of people have shat themselves and started protesting when asked to stay inside in order to not kill other people.

Comment

Are you saying that large parts of the English public of 2020 are perhaps not exactly as tolerant of hardship as those who lived through World War I, the Spanish Flu, the Great Depression, and the generally much shittier conditions of everyone nearly a century ago? How very dare you!

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                        And that quite a significant number of people have shat themselves and started protesting when asked to stay inside in order to not kill other people.
                                        I bet it's a busy Venn diagram intersection between the 'Blitz spirit will carry us through Brexit' and 'Masks are freedom killers and I'll do what I want'...

Comment

The "blitz spirit" was largely a myth anyway. Crime apparently soared (looting and black marketeering especally.)

Comment

Private Walker ..

Comment

The new enemies of the people:

https://twitter.com/AllieHBNews/status/1317935671101825025

Comment

Getting the hump with the Church of England counts as a return to traditional Conservative values by the standards of this mob.

Comment

Those fucking lefty clerics.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                                    Those fucking lefty clerics.
                                                    I visualised the caretaker of an abandoned theme park saying that. Which I suppose Johnson is, really.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X