No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't mess with the stars of ATV's most famous programme.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

Good god man. Have you no shame?
      Sorry, I thought we had already met?

Comment

https://twitter.com/AhirShah/status/1308764455791190016?s=20

Comment

Fully support this!

Comment

Or the method used to draw the Irish border in Puckoon; everyone on the border committee grabs hold of the pencil and they collectively draw a line ("Someone's pushing for the benefit of Ulster!").

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
              Or the method used to draw the Irish border in Puckoon; everyone on the border committee grabs hold of the pencil and they collectively draw a line ("Someone's pushing for the benefit of Ulster!").
              Heh. Was talking yesterday to my friend Brian who actually lives and works there* (in real life it's Belleek by name, bleak by nature). He has claimed personal credit for the election result in still marginal Fermanagh & South Tyrone: his elderly aunt died just before the last GE, so the entire UUP-supporting extended family sat it out as a mark of respect.

* furlough at Belleek Pottery likely not to be extended alas

Comment

There is nothing remotely original or remarkable about this. It's what many people had always heavily suspected. To see it in print, and with statistical back up, that many British business owners voted to leave the EU without understanding the consequences doesn't even make me angry any more, although it should. It makes me despair.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/busines...mpression=true

Comment

Andrew from Clitheroe: "I never thought the leopards would eat MY face!"

Comment

"We're only a small SME and we import virtually all our equipment..."

Comment

And all the directors thought that Brexit would be good for their business . . .

Comment

Why? Why did they think this?

Comment

Because they'd had enough listening to experts

Comment

and they were persistently lied to by the media for decades.

Comment

Well, yes. But as an addendum to that they were too fucking lazy to do their own research into exactly what it would mean for their IMPORT business, and vote accordingly.

Zero sympathy.

Comment

Not going to defend him too far but remember that we were going to stay in the Single Market and it would be the easiest trade deal in history as well as the 40 we already had @in the bag”.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                  Well, yes. But as an addendum to that they were too fucking lazy to do their own research into exactly what it would mean for their IMPORT business, and vote accordingly.

Zero sympathy.
                                  Quite.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                                    He has claimed personal credit for the election result in still marginal Fermanagh & South Tyrone: his elderly aunt died just before the last GE, so the entire UUP-supporting extended family sat it out as a mark of respect.
                                    He killed his aunt to swing the election? That's hardcore.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                      Not going to defend him too far but remember that we were going to stay in the Single Market and it would be the easiest trade deal in history as well as the 40 we already had @in the bag”.
                                      This is slightly fair. Before the referendum we were often given Norway and Switzerland as examples of how countries could thrive outside the EU. Some of us could easily see that this would not have fixed the problems that most Brexiters had with foreign scum telling us how to live and coming here and taking our jobs and we can't even speak English on the High Street any more. But quite a lot of disingenuous arsehole Brexit propagandists may have used them as examples, and people less engaged might not have noticed.

Comment

Zero sympathy.
                                        I hope his business goes bust because of delays in importing equipment. I hope his family don't starve but that they enjoy eating seasonal veg. I hope that when the shit hits the fan he tells all his friends that he fucked up.

Comment

He won't, he'll blame the EU for not giving us a good deal by negotiating in bad faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                            Anyone believing that lot shouldn't be running a bath, never mind a company.

Comment

Zero sympathy.
                                              This exactly.

Comment

His MP is also a leading Brexiteer.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

I hope his business goes bust because of delays in importing equipment. I hope his family don't starve but that they enjoy eating seasonal veg. I hope that when the shit hits the fan he tells all his friends that he fucked up.
                                                  There will be nobody to pick the seasonal veg.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post

He killed his aunt to swing the election? That's hardcore.
                                                    I've got a couple of aunts I could do without. If everyone chips in with a couple, 2024 should be in the bag

Comment

Working...
                                                    X