The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    Call me a cynic, but the Cathedral's statement does not appear to confirm the PM's presence at the ceremony
    Not a cynic, a lawyer.

this made me smile

https://twitter.com/youwouldknow/status/1307978945116151809?s=21

Comment

I hope that the original statement by Westminster Cathedral makes it clearer that Johnson was actually in attendance, than that article suggests. Because that article just tells us that the christening took place and was covid compliant. (shite I wandered off mid post to collect food, and should have checked first)
      Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 21-09-2020, 18:22.

Comment

Why the fuck would Westminster Cathedral release such a statement? They do not state he was present but they've named one of his sons being christened.

Someone is fiddling with the truth here and the Catholic Church is getting in on the act.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
          Why the fuck would Westminster Cathedral release such a statement? They do not state he was present but they've named one of his sons being christened.

Someone is fiddling with the truth here and the Catholic Church is getting in on the act.
          Perhaps you get a free Christening with your 8th. Like coffees at Starbucks

Comment

Today's Popbitch mailout:

It's been fun watching No.10 try to convince the British public that Boris Johnson couldn't possibly have taken a mini-break to Perugia last weekend as he was, supposedly, in church. But the strangest bit to us is the suggestion that staff at Perugia airport would fail to correctly identify Boris Johnson. It's not as if he hasn't made spectacle of himself there before.

As was widely reported last year, Boris tried to take a discreet trip to Perugia back in 2018, slipping loose from his security in order to attend one of Evgeny Lebedev's parties. We might never have known the details had Boris not caught the eye of fellow passengers by turning up to the airport absolutely hanging out of his arse, looking like he'd slept in his clothes and unable to walk in a straight line to the plane.

But his appearances there stretch back further. We first wrote in October 2015 about a Popbitch reader who found himself waiting to board a flight from Perugia to Stansted with Boris. In characteristically disheveled fashion, Boris seemed flustered by the parade of people wanting to take selfies with him there. But whether that's because he was hungover, or because they were interrupting the farewell he'd been trying to give a young Italian woman, it's impossible to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

As every good Catholic knows, you aren't lying if you only provide half a story.

Comment

Kent Access Permit is a thing

https://twitter.com/lisaocarroll/status/1308755604606013441?s=21

Comment

Time for the New Canterbury Tales as truckers sit around a campfire and while away the hours.

Comment

Imagine having to fill out a form to get into Kent. You wouldn't bother, would you?

Comment

"Project Fear" can be retrospectively be rebranded as "best-case scenario, it turns out."

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
                        Time for the New Canterbury Tales as truckers sit around a campfire and while away the hours.
                        The spelling would probably be just as good as the original, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                          They're going to shit the fucking bed when they learn that the UK has more than one port route.

Comment

Good news for Greenlander

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                              Kent Roads Access Permit​​​​​​

​​​​

Comment

I think I'm losing track - didn't they renege on an international treaty so that they could not have a border in the Irish Sea, but instead they're putting one around Kent?

Comment

Kent is the arsehole of the South East so I guess they thought it doesn't matter.

Comment

https://twitter.com/WelshDalaiLama/status/1308775704679649283

Comment

https://twitter.com/tompeck/status/1308766379416395781

Comment

More seriously, it appears Gibraltar will treat the UK as a "third country" in the event of "no deal".

Comment

Ah well, maybe all these bad news are being released now to prepare the country for the ultimate u-turn at the last minute...(I know, I know...)

Comment

It's terrible how those hauliers have dragged their feet and not made adequate preparations. The poor Government must be tearing their hair out in frustration at the laggardly goings on.

For shame, truckers!

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                              Good news for Greenlander
                                              We've just tarmaced a patch of dead quay space, painted some lines and put up some fancy lighting all paid for thank to HMG. Not sure 20 spaces will be enough.

And, an extension until July to get all the Border Force requirements into place. I'm not involved in the higher discussions but it sounds not all cross channel ports will be so lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

Kent Roads Access Permit
                                                A Kermit

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

A Kermit
                                                  Good god man. Have you no shame?

Comment

I just hope that he has a good IP lawyer

Comment

Working...
                                                    X