No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm proud of Romania being the only country surveyed who would help everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
      Apart from Croatia and Portugal the Finns don't seem to like anyone south of the Alps
      The Hungarians appear suspicious in the reverse direction.

Comment

I wonder why they only surveyed half of the EU?

Comment

And Ireland is a curious absentee, when they appear to have done the rest of Western Europe.

Comment

Full survey summary here

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/internat...t-should-eu-be

It was commissioned by the European University Institute, which likely chose the range of countries sampled

Comment

Nobody hates Belgium, except for the Greeks.

Comment

Would have loved to see where the US would have fallen on that chart (China and Russia too, for that matter).
                I was also amused that the UK is the only country that Spaniards hate, by a full 20 points more than their least liked one (Canada, what have they done to offend anyone?).

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
                  I was also amused that the UK is the only country that Spaniards hate
                  This doesn't tie in one iota with my experiences.

Comment

Equating reluctance to provide financial assistance to "hate" is fundamentally flawed in my book

Comment

Well, yes, but that's not going to stop me wildly extrapolating.

Comment

I'm curious as to whether the results for Denmark and Sweden reflect those countries' generally positive attitudes towards providing aid to lesser developed countries

Comment

Andrew Roberts proposes a CANZUK federation, which makes the famous Frangleterre project of 1940 seem positively plausible.

Comment

Barnier scathing in an online speech.

Comment

I initially misread the venue as the Institute for Economic Affairs and was very confused.

Comment

Quite the difference between Stephen Donnelly's double, Dan O'Brien, and libertarian Kate Andrews.

Comment

He says "Ladies and Gentleman" a lot, doesn't he, that Barnier fella?

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                    Barnier scathing in an online speech.
                                    Excellent speech.

Comment

Fishing waters from 2021:

Comment

So who "won"?

Comment

The SNP, quite possibly.

Comment

https://twitter.com/pmdfoster/status/1301548093599612929?s=21

Comment

Best response: "We've had enough of exports".

Still waiting for Government guidance? That's a long wait for a train don[t come.

Comment

There's not a day goes by where I don't find new depths of despair to plumb.

So anyway. Moving to Cuba.

Comment

Also:

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WHEN WILL SOMEONE JUST STAND UP AND POINT OUT THAT THIS FIASCO IS GOING TO BE THE DEATH KNELL FOR THIS SHITTY LITTLE RACIST BACKWATER?

As you were.

Comment

Starting to get belated Facebook posts from The British Government through saying that I will need things like an identification card, health insurance, a Dutch bank account etc.

Well, thanks for that. The Dutch Government had all this sorted in January and appear to care for the thousands of British citizens far more than their British counterparts.

The rather scornful replies to each post are quite amusing.

Failed state.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X