No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No deal is going to be blamed on the EU and Covid-19, the chaos that follows on Covid-19 and the EU.

The Tories and their cronies will have been enriched by all of this, everyone else will have been made poorer.

Comment

I see the traffic lights adverts have started today, we've got to get ready, us, that's us, we need to be ready.

Oven ready or not here it comes!

Comment

Dear Government

Thank you for reminding that we need to be ready for Brexit. Can you please let us know what exactly we have to be ready for?

Yours sincerely
        Most Companies

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
          No deal is going to be blamed on the EU and Covid-19, the chaos that follows on Covid-19 and the EU.

The Tories and their cronies will have been enriched by all of this, everyone else will have been made poorer.
          No deal is already being blamed on Remoaner traitors.

Comment

Here's a surprise

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1284145095730700289?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
              A minor plus would be if it changed the minds of the idiots who shifted their votes in the last election, but I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Kowalski View Post
                I see the traffic lights adverts have started today, we've got to get ready, us, that's us, we need to be ready.

Oven ready or not here it comes!
                Whenever I see traffic lights used in a context not referring to traffic lights I always think of those shit fireworks we used to have in the 60s that just used to gout out plumes of smoke.
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Global Britain 1:

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1285679660932706306

Global Britain 2:

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1285822183336488960

Comment

Let's face it, No Deal has always been the aim of the disaster capitalists, sociopathic libertarians, wingnut Bannonites and Russian cronies (also known as the Conservative and Unionist Party) since day one.

Comment

Yes.

Well done my fellow Dee-Dahs.

You must be feeling very proud and "patriotic" today.

Comment

I suppose a thousand articles, tweets, clips and speeches about a deal being "oven-ready" will mysteriously fail to make a reappearance.

Comment

Quite. I've managed to cock up any amount of "oven ready" meals, as anyone who lives within hearing range of my smoke alarm will tell you. Perhaps Johnson has the same problem?

Comment

It remains perfect timing. They can blame all the economic shitstorm on covid shutdowns and their idiots will believe them. In fact the initial economic hit from Brexit may be washed out as background noise compared to the size of the Covid hit, and then in 6 months or a year nobody will realise that Britain's bounceback is 5% smaller than France's or Germany's.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                              ... in 6 months or a year nobody will realise that Britain's bounceback is 5% smaller than France's or Germany's.
                              5%?
                              My worry is that in 6 months we'll be dreaming of 5%

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                It remains perfect timing. They can blame all the economic shitstorm on covid shutdowns and their idiots will believe them. In fact the initial economic hit from Brexit may be washed out as background noise compared to the size of the Covid hit, and then in 6 months or a year nobody will realise that Britain's bounceback is 5% smaller than France's or Germany's.
                                because the press and the BBC will lie about it

Comment

https://twitter.com/mattm1306/status/1290306528474529793?s=21

Comment

I
                                    Have
                                    No
                                    Words

Comment

I have, as I think I will need to renew my prescription around New Year. But I was brought up to be a polite boy.

Comment

It’s a death cult.

(Yours. Not theirs.)

Comment

https://twitter.com/MPIainDS/status/...514135040?s=19

I still can't do Twitter properly, but here's IDS slagging off the Withdrawal Agreement he voted for.

Comment

British soft power on the Continent has fallen dramatically, though intriguingly there's not one EU country that the average Brit wouldn't themselves help:

Comment

What's up with the Brits loving Malta so much? They'd be near the bottom of my list, at least until the government/civil society is cleaned up. Or Finland hating India, for that matter?

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                                                What's up with the Brits loving Malta so much? They'd be near the bottom of my list, at least until the government/civil society is cleaned up. Or Finland hating India, for that matter?
                                                They drive on the left. British people love that kind of thing

Comment

Fellow Anglophone and Commonwealth nation, even if the holidays are more expensive than elsewhere in the Med.

Comment

Apart from Croatia and Portugal the Finns don't seem to like anyone south of the Alps

Comment

Working...
                                                    X