X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonzo and his "pollster buddy" earlier:

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
      This from the Scots Tory constituency polls done by YouGov is quite something. Ver kids don't seem down with Brand Johnson at all at all.

[URL="https://mobile.twitter.com/MeanwhileScotia/status/1171488695565733888"]https://twitter.com/MeanwhileScotia/status/1171488695565733888[/URL]
      That's assuming they turn up to vote.
      Not a given with the millennials et al.

Here's hoping.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
        I'll quote my man Marco Biagi:

"no obsessing about c.150 unrepresentative Scottish voters in GB polls.

no using nationwide polls to pretend to know results in specific constituencies (including maps thereof).

no manufacturing referendum majorities by ignoring undecided."

but it if your imaginary friend has a magic formula, all power to him.
        So much so you ripped off Biagi's pinned tweet.

​​​​​​Hmm.
        https://twitter.com/MarcoGBiagi/status/1161656017018609665?s=19

Comment

Though as a postscript the polling contact claims they've now lost most interest in the Scottish government/constituencies.
          All bar Swinson's.

Comment

Wtf are you witlessly havering about Gonzo? I attributed the quote to Biagi, I wasn't claiming him as a mate, any more than typing my man Prof Curtice means I'm hanging about his front room either.

Comment

So you're an ungrateful curmudgeon, Donnie.
              Who can't read very well.

Quelle surprise.

Comment

'I'll quote my man Marco Biagi'

That's fairly clear mate.

Comment

Yes totally, when lang says "my man", I always imagine it means he has said person chained up in his cellar.

Comment

Prorogation unlawful
                    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...droidApp_Tweet

Comment

Now then.

Parliament suspension ruled 'unlawful'

Comment

Damn, pipped on the line.

Comment

Tom Watson seems intent not just on sabotaging Labour but on sabotaging Remain, by not showing even the most basic understanding of what strategy might be required here.

Poisonous fucker. Gutted he survived a trigger ballot

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                            Tom Watson seems intent not just on sabotaging Labour but on sabotaging Remain, by not showing even the most basic understanding of what strategy might be required here.

Poisonous fucker. Gutted he survived a trigger ballot
                            It is extraordinary that choosing between aiding corbyn & Starmer or Johnson & Farage he seems to choose Johnson

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1171720109842456577?s=21[/URL]

Comment

No messing about:

The inner house of the court of session has ruled that the prime minister’s advice to HM the Queen that the United Kingdom parliament should be prorogued from a day between 9 and 12 September until 14 October was unlawful because it had the purpose of stymying parliament.
                                All three first division judges have decided that the PM’s advice to the HM the Queen is justiciable, that it was motivated by the improper purpose of stymying parliament and that it, and what has followed from it, is unlawful.
                                The court will accordingly make an order declaring that the prime minister’s advice to HM the Queen and the prorogation which followed thereon was unlawful and is thus null and of no effect.

Strong stuff, though it will go to a play off at the Supreme Court on 17 September. The full judgment comes out on Friday, which we can expect will be even more damning.

Comment

Thread
                                  https://twitter.com/davidallengreen/status/1171717055911014400

Comment

So... presumably the Supreme Court would have to frame it's decision on the government's appeal in terms of Scottish Law, not English. Right?
                                    Even so, we should remember that a lower Scottish Court, ruling on the same basis, came to a different answer and therefore be cautious before being too smug (he says after tweeting Mr Green to ask if Johnson is now a traitor).

Comment

Just as an aside, people have noted that Johnson has lost every vote in parliament as Prime Minister. I think we should add the caveat that he is even more of a loser than that. Because he has comfortably 'won' two votes in terms of numbers, the ones on the election. But even when he wins, he loses!

Sorry, not managing the 'don't be smug' thing very well this morning.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/chrisgreybrexit/status/1171735065111474177?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Straight from the Trump playbook.

Comment

The Speaker is biased, the courts are biased, the EU is biased...what or who next?

Comment

The Justice Secretary and the leader of the Scottish Tories have each tweeted defending the Scottish courts (in response to the "No 10 sources" quote).

Comment

Comment

I don't envy the Supreme Court here.

They are going to have to rule on appeals from three different decisions issued by three different court systems applying three different sets of law to the same set of facts.

And though we don't yet know what the Northern Irish decision will be, we do know that they will be facing a situation in which their confirmation of both the English and Scottish rulings will lead to the precise result that the English court ought to avoid.

Comment

They don't have to come up with one answer, do they? They can rule that the prorogation was legal under English law but not under Scots, but as parliament is the national executive of both countries it's dealings must be complaint with the laws of both. The Scots law doesn't trump the English one anymore than it would do in reverse. It's just the government is more constrained than it thought it was - it always needs the acquiescence of both the High Court and the Court of Session to it's actions.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X