No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that's illegal but hey, who gives a shit about that any more?

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Max View Post

It's a nice story, but it's not true I'm afraid.
      Boris was at Balmoral on Friday, but made a hasty exit from Aberdeen Airport on Saturday morning.
      Really????? B-B-B-B-B-But my stepdaughter wouldn't make it up surely? I'll have to check.

[Edit:] She, and those around her, were convinced he was in the car behind Brenda. They could have been wrong, or maybe it was a quick stop on his way to the airport?
      Last edited by Amor de Cosmos; 10-09-2019, 15:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
        Which would establish the precedent of unilaterally deciding on our EU membership for a future Tory Government.

It's almost as if she doesn't think this stuff through.

(The realistic fallback position for the LDs is now that of Labour.)
        Saw something about a Second Referendum being proposed as 'binding', admittedly on Facebook, for up to 25 years? Any chance of this being a runner?

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Why not? If proposed/passed in Parliament?

Combined with a constitutional review?

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
              Did anyone actually mention the Ireland border back in 2016? I know I probably wouldn't have paid it much attention, but I don't remember either side so much as mentioning something that has been such a massive obstacle.
              I am almost certain Cameron mentioned it, but his comment got ignored/dismissed.

Comment

Originally posted by George C. View Post
                Why not? If proposed/passed in Parliament?

Combined with a constitutional review?
                Any law made by Parliament can be repealed by Parliament.

Also, what if a second referendum delivered a Leave vote?

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

Any law made by Parliament can be repealed by Parliament.

Also, what if a second referendum delivered a Leave vote?
                  Then it would be final, but at least you'd know the terms of departure this time. Frankly, doubt if the rest of the EU want you back at this stage.

Comment

We haven't left yet.

Comment

https://twitter.com/jamesoflynn/status/1171496494274207745?s=20

Though the Treasury (!) is trying to convince us otherwise

Comment

The bridge is back.

Comment

Don’t believe or publicise his lies

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                            The bridge is back.
                            "There's nothing on earth like a genuine bona fide six car monorail."

Comment

https://twitter.com/jntod/status/1171530300062453765?s=20

Comment

I hope there's something to those polls, Nef. But I feel no comfort in any polling in the current environment. I feel that no polling is going to be meaningful until we know the state of Brexit when an election happens. And I feel no comfort at all in seeing the Tories still with the highest percentage after 2 weeks of utter Johnson shitstorm-chaos, by which point any normal party should have been down in single digits.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                  I hope there's something to those polls, Nef. But I feel no comfort in any polling in the current environment. I feel that no polling is going to be meaningful until we know the state of Brexit when an election happens. And I feel no comfort at all in seeing the Tories still with the highest percentage after 2 weeks of utter Johnson shitstorm-chaos, by which point any normal party should have been down in single digits.
                                  https://twitter.com/flaviblePolitic/status/1171532688991256577

Comment

Those seat projections are meaningless.

Comment

Amen.

Comment

Seat projections are even more laughably meaningless than polling.

Comment

Surprise surprise another vox pop oop north in Grimsby on Newsnight and almost every cunt on the high st is a fucking Tory leaning idiot. Fucking BBC.

Comment

I’d like to
                                            do some vox pops in Broadcasting House where everyone w spoken to says Laura Kuenssberg is an incompetent Tory shill.

Comment

Tom Watson is a cunt

[URL]https://twitter.com/mshelicat/status/1171529484538793986?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Ok Pollster buddy is annoyed.

He says you "know nothing about polling methodology, especially when it comes to seat projections".

He then mentioned something about 'it's not an absolute science but all about signposting trends' which they then feed into some magic formula.
                                                Apparently.

More specifically, says back concentrating on dealing with Brexit voters, 15 target seats, all vulnerable to the BP, but unhappy as means is working indirectly for them or Tories.

Comment

I'll quote my man Marco Biagi:

"no obsessing about c.150 unrepresentative Scottish voters in GB polls.

no using nationwide polls to pretend to know results in specific constituencies (including maps thereof).

no manufacturing referendum majorities by ignoring undecided."

but it if your imaginary friend has a magic formula, all power to him.

Comment

This from the Scots Tory constituency polls done by YouGov is quite something. Ver kids don't seem down with Brand Johnson at all at all.

[URL="https://mobile.twitter.com/MeanwhileScotia/status/1171488695565733888"]https://twitter.com/MeanwhileScotia/status/1171488695565733888[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                                                    X