No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interestingly, YouGov tables give the Greens 16% in London, and Lib Dems 13% there.

Comment

I can't believe that I've just noticed that the Funny Tingers have a party name that is almost the same as one of their leading lights. It's like when Arsenal were led by Arsene, only the other way around.

Comment

They should have Unai Emirates as a candidate

Comment

Something that goes by the name of Crispin Blunt has just proposed a vote of no confidence in the Speaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
            Something that goes by the name of Crispin Blunt has just proposed a vote of no confidence in the Speaker.
            As parliament isn't sitting it's just a lovely soundbite for the right wing press.

Comment

Isn't it blissful that this has substantially disappeared from the news reports in the last few days!

Comment

Isn't that just an indication that nobody is doing anything, and come October we'll have a replay of the last 6 weeks?

Comment

http://www.arte.tv/en/videos/078746-...ck-is-ticking/

Michel Barnier filmed by a French documentary maker during the Brexit negotiations.
                  Last edited by Diable Rouge; 19-04-2019, 11:00.

Comment

Originally posted by ooh aah View Post
                    Isn't that just an indication that nobody is doing anything, and come October we'll have a replay of the last 6 weeks?

Oh, yes. It's only a temporary respite but none less welcome for that.

Stop it DR. You're ruining the vibe!

Comment

I wached the intro of that movie DR linked. The guy admits he would have voted Leave, as a warning shot to the powers that be...

I'd happily hang by the balls anyone who voted like that as it happens, let's not think for a second about the consequences and "send a warning"....

Comment

God, this parliamentary recess has been a relief - a blessed lack of Brexit everywhere. They're back tomorrow though - ugh, not sure I can even bear the thought of it.

Comment

Well, it’s not as if they are up against any deadlines or anything.

Comment

Oh goody, another Withdrawal Agreement vote next week. Not quite sure how this is not a "meaningful vote", however. Maybe if it were just framework legislation (ie, this implements the WA, if it is agreed to by Parliament, whatever it is). But my understanding was the Withdrawal Agreement Bill would in fact enshrine the specific terms of the WA.

Comment

https://twitter.com/nicholaswatt/status/1123272491521204224?s=19

Comment

Yes, the only consideration in this matter is the Tories fate, nevermind the country...

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight shadow View Post
                                  Yes, the only consideration in this matter is the Tories fate, nevermind the country...
                                  Now you get it!

Comment

I'm curious on what basis does he think crashing the economy will prevent Jeremy Corbyn from becoming PM.

Comment

The prime minister has this evening asked Gavin Williamson to leave the government, having lost confidence in his ability to serve in the role of defence secretary and as a member of her cabinet.

The prime minister’s decision has been informed by his conduct surrounding an investigation into the circumstances of the unauthorised disclosure of information from a meeting of the National Security Council.

The prime minister thanks all members of the National Security Council for their full cooperation and candour during the investigation and considers the matter closed.

Comment

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...-williamson-mp

In case some future OTF archivist is interested.

Comment

A recall petition has been triggered by 28% of the Peterborough electorate - as for the Brexit connection, it's believed either Farage himself, or a party member, will stand in the by-election.

Comment

[URL="https://mobile.twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1123705953168261121"]https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1123705953168261121[/URL]

He's 2 legit 2 quit.

Comment

Are former British intelligence agents still not allowed to admit that they served in that capacity?

We got rid of that nonsense years ago, and several ex-CIA types won Congressional races last time 'round.

Comment

Barry Gardiner, appearing on Peston last night, and Owen Jones in the Guardian today both push the idea that compromise (in the guise of Labour's hypothetical better deal) is the order of the day and that wanting to remain in the EU is an extremist position equivalent to that of the no dealers. Anyone who wants to remain is seemingly by definition an 'ultra-remainer'. This seems as wilfully distorted a reading of the situation as anything put forward by the Tories. Attacking a view held by half the country, and a strong majority on your side, in this way is neither a proportionate nor useful reaction to awkward questions about the party's position on a second referendum.

Grimsby MP Melanie Onn was on the news the night before explaining that she had campaigned for and voted remain in the referendum, would do so again were there to be another referendum but hopes that never happens because...will of the people. Obviously this isn't a new contortion, but it doesn't become any more convincing in the retelling.

Comment

Ooh, that Owen Jones article is incredibly annoying. "Give Labour a blank cheque or Nigel Farage is YOUR FAULT". I was already wavering but this winning blackmail strategy might just have convinced me to vote Green, especially given that this is pretty much just a symbolic election now (EINO?)

Comment

Obviously as a Green member, I'd be tempted to recommend you do that, but the North East is probably the region where it really is likely to be Labour or Brexit - both will definitely get one representative, the third one could go to either of them.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X