No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not going to let perfect be the enemy of good. 1 million people, maybe more.

Shame that the BBC decided that what its 7pm bulletin coverage needed was additional coverage of Farages march and a vox pop from Bernard Jenkin to give "balance". I genuinely wonder if in the hours of cover of Farage's march last week that someone from Remain was given the same balance. Which is probably more of a reflection on how far my trust in the BBC has fallen than anything else.

Comment

Just realised that I went to a March where Alistair Campell and Nick Cohen were speaking. feel a little bit ill now

Comment

Aye, I chuckled at the Jane Austen. Just can't resist bookish puns.

​​​​​​Leavers and the Media would sneer whatever placards were on show. And you can't self-police a campaign when 2 million people back it.
        Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 24-03-2019, 12:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
          Just realised that I went to a March where Alistair Campell and Nick Cohen were speaking. feel a little bit ill now
          Much as I think Corbyn should have been there, that is a large chunk of the reason why he wasn't.

Comment

60k short of 5 million on the petition.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1109766330306174976

Comment

I've often found myself sniggering at how shit the opposition to Corbyn is, and the JC is the Messiah type stuff. But right now he's Brian Cohen (ironically enough), inept, but much less inept that just about everyone trying to stop him.

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1109757637929897985

Comment

Past 5 million. Nice.

Comment

I signed up to it on Thursday morning and still don't seem to have had the acknowledgement/verification email. Should I be wearing a tinfoot hat yet or have I just misunderstood how it works?

Comment

Try a different email address. I tried three times to sign it with my Hotmail, and nothing came through. Then I tried with a gmail account I barely ever use (and had to dredge up the password for) and the confirmation email was there within a minute.

Comment

Just signed it after realising that Brits outside Britland can sign.

Comment

Not one of the better march placards:

http://twitter.com/notmaudgonne/status/1109797192318046209

Comment

If we're doing Jane Austen novels for metaphors then I think Persuasion has to be the best title. Anyway, why belittle the marchers for so-called twee slogans? You want stones thrown? So do the Brexiteers...they'd love it.

Comment

However you look at it dying Irish is surely better than living as a brush?

Comment

Originally posted by sw2borshch View Post
                                I signed up to it on Thursday morning and still don't seem to have had the acknowledgement/verification email. Should I be wearing a tinfoot hat yet or have I just misunderstood how it works?
                                Check your spam/junk folder - that's where mine was on Friday when I signed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                  If we're doing Jane Austen novels for metaphors then I think Persuasion has to be the best title. Anyway, why belittle the marchers for so-called twee slogans? You want stones thrown? So do the Brexiteers...they'd love it.
                                  Tweeness is a big part of British culture. It has its place on this sort of march.

This is not good. I'm sure that campaigning in morecambe before the local elections is important, but it's not as important as this. History is going to judge this sort of carry on very harshly.

Comment

True. But history won't judge Corbyn half as harshly as it will the rampaging idiots in the Cabinet who day by day take a bad situation and seem to make it worse.

Comment

Very true.

I found the recent pieces on how the civil service is expecting (and largely welcoming) a Chillcott-style public inquiry to be intriguing.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                        True. But history won't judge Corbyn half as harshly as it will the rampaging idiots in the Cabinet who day by day take a bad situation and seem to make it worse.
                                        Literally everyone is going to get painted with the same shitty brush. But when the time comes to assess those who should have been trying to stop this nightmare, this sort of thing is going to feature pretty highly.

Comment

He's the ship's steward rearranging the chairs to make sure everyone gets to hear the band and not obstruct anyone's view of the oncoming scenery while the captain and crew are steering straight towards the iceberg. Sure, he should be trying to wrest the rudder controls from the captain rather than apathetically enjoying the view of the very pretty iceberg. Going to talk to cockle pickers in Morecambe is exceedingly bizarre, but he's going to get mocked by history as an ineffectual irrelevance, as a comic aside, not as one of the main culpable cuprits.

Comment

if people's vote organsiers were actually going to change anything they'd be in Morecambe and all the other working class towns that voted leave. But people's vote have no infrastructure, and no moveent. Worse they have no interesting in building one. They despise the poor, and anyone who lives in a place where they don't already have a second home.

I feel increasinyl dirty that i went on a March that let Alsiatir Campbell speak on the platform 16 years less one day after the Iraq War. And his spoiled daughter wants to know where Corbyn is.

The rates of child hunger in Morecambe have a huge amount to do with the Brexit vote and the contempt that Campbell and co held the poor and the working class. they lost Brexit not Corbyn,
                                            Last edited by Nefertiti2; 24-03-2019, 22:51.

Comment

http://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1109843870165155842

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                                if people's vote organsiers were actually going to change anything they'd be in Morecambe and all the other working class towns that voted leave. But people's vote have no infrastructure, and no moveent. Worse they have no interesting in building one. They despise the poor, and anyone who lives in a place where they don't already have a second home.

I feel increasinyl dirty that i went on a March that let Alsiatir Campbell speak on the platform 16 years less one day after the Iraq War. And his spoiled daughter wants to know where Corbyn is.

The rates of child hunger in Morecambe have a huge amount to do with the Brexit vote and the contempt that Campbell and co held the poor and the working class. they lost Brexit not Corbyn,
                                                I thought that it was Peak Guardian when on their live blog they followed an entry having a go at Corbyn being campaigning in Morecombe with a photo of CANCEL BREXIT written in snow and taken from a ski lift in Meribel.

Comment

So who is the MP who switches from "Free Trade Agreement" to "Customs Union"?

Comment

Indeed. The only chance a 2nd ref has is if places like Morecambe vote remain in greater numbers. Stupid FBPE pricks

Comment

Working...
                                                    X