• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Furtho View Post

Or a chess move, or a folk rock band.
    Robert Ludlum novel?

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
      Don't think so.

Gardiner seems to be being more explicit that Labour's aim is to get a more consensual Brexit (Customs Union, etc) before going for a confirmatory referendum. https://twitter.com/BarryGardiner/st...18792788148225
      Hold on, they're still pushing for the thing that was shot down twice before? Aren't labour supposed to be trading support for the WA in parliament in return for a people's vote at this point?

Comment

https://twitter.com/labourwhips/status/1105910626440933376

Comment

Can anyone explain to me the strategy behind proposing the same amendment (Spelman) that was passed in January?

Comment

Spelman is passed. The party leaders stand up and say the exact same things they've been saying for weeks. Brains, what remains of them, visibly dribbling out of ears.

Comment

And the Government motion, amended by Spelman, also passes. Tories had been three line whipped against, so resignations expected.

Comment

may loses a 2nd vote on no deal which she first said would be a free vote and then changed her mind to a 3 line whip in favour of keeping no deal on the table.

https://twitter.com/MarshadeCordova/status/1105920139353034754

Comment

Extension to be sought until June 30th, but if the WA doesn't pass by next Wednesday, a longer one will be required.

Comment

Where do you get that 30th June date from Dr?

I'm a bit more positive now than I have been. Just seen some very tall Tory Brexiter from Middlesborough (why the fuck does Middlesbrough have a Tory MP? What are they thinking?) saying that there is really now only a choice between the WA or no Brexit. I mean he was appalled by that but that's because he's a twat

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                      Extension to be sought until June 30th, but if the WA doesn't pass by next Wednesday, a longer one will be required.
                      Fingers crossed the EU rejects that and offers nine months, i.e. long enough to hold either another referendum or General Election, or nothing. And says your choice.

Comment

Where's Tubby?

Comment

Hasn't posted since 20 February

Comment

She should have gone one better and say either it's WA or revocation...Anyhow, interesting days ahead, finally a sense that the No Deal coup d'etat by the nutters is receding fast. The WA is just that, future relationship yet to be defined...

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/jon_trickett/status/1105933321874391040?s=21[/URL]

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CldNSGlPpT8

Some Brexit comedy

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                  Where do you get that 30th June date from Dr?

I'm a bit more positive now than I have been. Just seen some very tall Tory Brexiter from Middlesborough (why the fuck does Middlesbrough have a Tory MP? What are they thinking?) saying that there is really now only a choice between the WA or no Brexit. I mean he was appalled by that but that's because he's a twat
                                  In the official motion proposing an extension:

http://twitter.com/labourwhips/status/1105924096079155204

Comment

May is like Jake LaMotta, a nasty piece of work who takes a savage beating but somehow never goes down.

Comment

I will try and see where Tubby is.

Comment

Ad hoc, Middlesbrough doesn't have a Tory MP, Middlesbrough South and East Cleveland has a Tory MP. It used to be called Langbaurgh and has always been a bit of a swing seat as it contains Middlesbrough's middle class suburbs, a large number of retirees and small town and rural voters in Guisborough, Skelton, Saltburn, Loftus, areas still smarting about the EU* closing Redcar steelworks. It had a Labour MP for the past five elections, in a seat that would probably be safe Tory if it were elsewhere in the country.

*actually it was the owners and the EU said explicitly that the Tories weren't prevented by state aid rules from intervening to save the plant, but they declined, however the narrative that has taken hold is as above

Comment

Are there more scottish labour mp's representing english constituencies, than scottish constituencies?

Comment

Starmer and Corbyn are playing a blinder here, aren't they?

Comment

Yeah, a couple of weeks after adopting the position people have been begging them to take for months, they achieve (in a Leonard Nimoy/Simpsons sense) something way more substantive than had eluded them previously. Hear that? It's the sound of one hand clapping.

Comment

Originally posted by sw2borshch View Post
                                                Ad hoc, Middlesbrough doesn't have a Tory MP, Middlesbrough South and East Cleveland has a Tory MP. It used to be called Langbaurgh and has always been a bit of a swing seat as it contains Middlesbrough's middle class suburbs, a large number of retirees and small town and rural voters in Guisborough, Skelton, Saltburn, Loftus, areas still smarting about the EU* closing Redcar steelworks. It had a Labour MP for the past five elections, in a seat that would probably be safe Tory if it were elsewhere in the country.

*actually it was the owners and the EU said explicitly that the Tories weren't prevented by state aid rules from intervening to save the plant, but they declined, however the narrative that has taken hold is as above
                                                Thanks. So when this lanky streak of piss kept talking about how parliament had "betrayed my constituents in Middlesbrough" (in what I have to say didn't sound much like a Middlesbrough accent) he was over egging the pudding not just in his claim to be speaking for his constituents en masse, but also in the implication that he was bravely speaking up for the forgotten working class? Makes sense. He is, I assume an Erg.

By the way, how can we convince the media to pronounce Erg how it should be pronounced, as it looks, rather than as three letters.

Comment

How do indicative votes work? I haven;t been able to find a satisfactory answer. I understand that they're designed to test opinion rather than have any binding effect, but i don't know the process. Are there a series of votes on different things? (eg Would you be supportive of a second referndum or not?) or is it a sort of ballot with a number of options on? (eg which of these options is your preference A, B, C, D etc?). Is it a secret ballot or is it like the regular parliamentary voting?

Comment

So I was in a meeting yesterday and the Brexit plans for the organisation are:
                                                    Being told to expect shortages in 10% of drugs but no one knows which 10%
                                                    Being told to expect fuel shortages
                                                    All the insulin is made in Denmark. That's not an optional drug. People who are prescribed it are called insulin-DEPENDENT for a reason. At the moment no guarantee insulin won't be in the 10%

There's no actual plan because there's no information to plan with.

Why the fuck are we doing this as a nation? Nobody voted for this even if they voted Leave.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X