The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Fine. However, as an MP she'll be attempting to recognise and represent her constituents views.
    Labour voters in her constituency prob voted majority remain (yet again, the leave vote among Labour voters was only one percent higher than among SNP voters- Labour could fairly safely ignore the gammons and gain remain votes elsewhere) no one except tubbs and me seems to have parsed Prof John Curtice's data. She was legit concerns bullshit long before the ref.
    Last edited by Lang Spoon; 12-03-2019, 00:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Come on, mate. That's just raging bias. A referendum split the nation's vote. Of course both sides deserve equal treatment.
      the leave side are still dealing in fact free bullshit. Real journalism should call them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
        Doesn't appear to me as though anything meaningful has changed, but as long as the Commons thinks it has, we'll happily keep schtum.
        That is her plan.

"I'll tell the UK that everything has changed and you shut up that it hasn't for 24 hours."

Comment

https://twitter.com/stephenkb/status/1105269038534574081

Can't say I disagree. Westminster is a fantasy land, with the papers and BBC their spokesmen.

Comment

https://twitter.com/jonsnowC4/status/1105379846752854016

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
              https://twitter.com/stephenkb/status/1105269038534574081

Can't say I disagree. Westminster is a fantasy land, with the papers and BBC their spokesmen.
              It doesn't help that the Daily Mirror has been almost completely lost, choosing to go down the route of popular consumerism these days - today it's about grounding Boeings so that holidaymakers aren't forced to fly on them this summer (front page shared with Cheltenham and the Duchesses, no mention of Brexit), similarly on another big Brexit news day recently I recall they ran with the campaign to save licence fees for the over 75s.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post

The question is whether balanced means giving equal time to something you know to be a lie. This is also the problem with their climate change/Palestine/Trump coverage.
                Spot on.

Way past caring about equanimity, given the entire Leave case was based on even more lies than Remain and also the crooked practices indulged in by the former before, during and since that pointless referendum.

Comment

Cox has said 'non' to May. Glorious.

Comment

He’s off the Honours List in red ink and triple underlined.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/owensmith_mp/status/1105413626846986240?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Cox really had no choice.

He tried to provide as much cover to the Government as possible, but failing to include his last paragraph would have bordered on malpractice (and seen him savaged by legal commentators).
                        Last edited by ursus arctos; 12-03-2019, 13:09.

Comment

The DUP says no, reportedly.

Comment

Doesn't seem to do Tony Blair's advisor Lord Goldsmith much harm

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                              The DUP says no, reportedly.
                              have they ever said anything else.

Except

"the collection tin's over there,"

or "put some more logs on the fire"

Comment

Separate pieces of bubble gossip now that 1) a defeat of in the region of 50 votes would be seen as something of a triumph and 2) despite the "today is the day" rhetoric, a defeat of 50 or less would lead to a third meaningful vote.

Oh and the ERG have fallen in line with the DUP whip, as expected.

Comment

And now the Star Chamber says No:

http://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1105455824976166913

Comment

A third meaningful vote is inevitable if the second (today), no deal (tomorrow), and delay (Thursday) all fail.

Comment

Why are they continually allowed to get away with these ridiculous self branding exercises?

If I went to the pub and instructed everyone to call me Hawkeye, I'd expect people to tell me not to be such a twat and rightly so.

"Star Chamber", my arse.

Comment

Who/what are Star Chamber?

Wiki tells me it was something in the 15th-17th century and now "In modern usage, legal or administrative bodies with strict, arbitrary rulings and secretive proceedings are sometimes called, metaphorically or poetically, "star chambers." This is a pejorative term and intended to cast doubt on the legitimacy of the proceedings"

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                                          Why are they continually allowed to get away with these ridiculous self branding exercises?

If I went to the pub and instructed everyone to call me Hawkeye, I'd expect people to tell me not to be such a twat and rightly so.

"Star Chamber", my arse.
                                          because the BBC....

Comment

A bunch of No Deal nutjobs, they probably think the name has very positive connotations.....

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

Wiki tells me it was something in the 15th-17th century and now "In modern usage, legal or administrative bodies with strict, arbitrary rulings and secretive proceedings are sometimes called, metaphorically or poetically, "star chambers." This is a pejorative term and intended to cast doubt on the legitimacy of the proceedings"
                                              I wondered the same, the BBC says it's part of the ERGomaniacs.

Comment

In this case, a group of lawyers reviewing the withdrawal agreement etc on behalf of the ERG and DUP.

Comment

I reckon they all saw the eighties Michael Douglas movie of that name and thought it was cool.

Comment

According to a Tory MP the Government is over. It can no longer govern. General Election or referendum on her deal
                                                    Last edited by Nefertiti2; 12-03-2019, 13:44.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X