The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
    Given the Faroes deal was on a continuity basis, rather than new terms, it appears Scottish fishermen will be irate:

https://www.seafoodsource.com/news/s...fishing-groups
    Those groups represent the 5 families that have the white fishing cartel for NE Scottish (thus UK) industry. Massive Tory donors of course, and all round scumballs in terms of employment practices. Don't in any way represent the views of shellfish fishing fleet in the west coast/Fife (who will be killed by a no deal/non CFP Brexit)

Comment

FT reporting that Nissan were promised £80m if they built the X-Trail and Qashqai in Sunderland.

Comment

That would have been some qash qow for the Mackems- if small change in Nissan's global turnover

Comment

'cash cow'?

Comment

The UK government promised Nissan that its operations would not be “adversely affected” by Britain’s departure from the EU, in a series of pledges that led to the Japanese car group’s 2016 decision to build new models at its Sunderland plant.
            “The government fully recognises the significance of the EU markets to your presence in Sunderland,” the letter stated. “It will be a critical priority of our negotiations to support UK car manufacturers, and ensure their ability to export to and from the EU is not adversely affected by the UK’s future relationship with the EU.”

Comment

A petition has been launched to get Ireland to rejoin the UK.
              Ooh, there's a choropleth map to show where the 2000 signatures have come from.

Comment

Neath Port Talbot might have voted Brexit but at least nobody signed that.

Comment

Looks like the entire DUP vote in Newry and Strabane did though

Is that Newcastle under Lyme spearheading the 'Let's wind up the Micks' crew in the English Midlands (red blob just beyond Wolverhampton)

Comment

In terms of the hot-beds of megaunionism on the mainland (ha!) we have Cities of London and Westminster with 20, then Stafford and Gosport both with 10.

Gavin Robinson leads Sammy Wilson 31-29 in Northern Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                      Looks like the entire DUP vote in Newry and Strabane did though

Is that Newcastle under Lyme spearheading the 'Let's wind up the Micks' crew in the English Midlands (red blob just beyond Wolverhampton)
                      The People of the Fish in fuckin NE Scotland seem to have been quite active as well.

Comment

That orange area? It's 4-6 people. I think you may possibly be extrapolating from too small a statistical base.

Comment

Nah, no nibbles from Scotland on this bait. The most is 6, in North East Fife.

Comment

On a NI away trip to Ljubljana (lost 2-0) we stayed in Agatha Christie's favorite hotel with the 10-strong Newry supporters' club. Wee Pete was surprised there were that many in the town

Apologies to Newc U-L, the image istiny on my screen

Comment

I mean, I kind of want to sign this just to see what happens.

But then I suspect that attitude is how we ended up with 17 million Leave votes in the first place.

Comment

Wilson's pulled one back. There have been another four sign it in the 10 mins since I posted that so weirdly this may not be the last we hear of this suggestion.

What a country.

Comment

And two more since I posted that one.

Comment

Customs throws up its hands:

The new procedures reduce the amount of information importers need to give in an import declaration when the goods are crossing the border. They do this by allowing importers to defer:
                                    • giving a full declaration until after the goods have crossed the border
                                    • paying any duty until the month after import

If tariffs apply to the goods that they import, and they want to use transitional simplified procedures, they will need to defer paying any import duties by setting up a direct debit.

Comment

There's two signed it from my constituency. One of them's probably our MP.

Comment

A petition has been launched to get Ireland to rejoin the UK.
                                        Launched by "S. Packer"

It's a wind up, isn't it.

Comment

Yeah, why do people assume that it's anyone other than Irish people signing this? I would love to sign it .

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                            Yeah, why do people assume that it's anyone other than Irish people signing this? I would love to sign it .
                                            That's where the old Irish friend of postcode forms, SW1A 1AA, comes into play.

Comment

David Trimble is taking a court case stating that the backstop breaches the GFA.

Comment

This is before Nissan. This is the moment of people think Labour (collectively, not just the leadership) have chucked in the towel. Even if you can't stop this clusterfuck, it's surely going to be an advantage in the future that you'd tried?

Tory Remainers don't get much attention, but Labour got a fair few of them last time. Aren't they as important important to Labour as these Labour voters "who just want us to get on with it"?

https://twitter.com/simonjhix/status/1092420886014189568

Comment

I see one frontbench chucker in of the towel, Emma Lewell Buck, in South Shields has retweeted something about Nissan but said nothing herself. Embarrassed?

If assume that this Nissan investment is gone for good. But I suppose Lewell Buck and others like Onn (who look like reasonable people, unlike some of the usual Kipperish backbenchers) will at least vote with Cooper/Grieve next time.

Comment

David Trimble is taking a court case stating that the backstop breaches the GFA.
                                                    I'd like to see his working.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X