No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14 Labour MPs against Cooper, plus Hopkins and Field.

I reckon Soubry probably voted for.

Comment

Is No Deal very likely now?

Comment

18 Tories voted for Cooper.

Pound has fallen with Cooper being defeated.

Comment

Labour MPs who voted against the Yvette Cooper amendment: presumably Labour Gammon constituencies? Source here:

Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 29-01-2019, 20:43.

Comment

Sorry, 17 did.

Comment

Brady amendment has passed 317-301.

How long does Barnier give it?

Comment

3 of those Labour MPs support May's deal, which is at least a policy. What do those other goons want?

Comment

Now we're fucked; May's kicking the can down the road and pretending the EU might move on the backstop now has a Commons mandate.

Comment

At least Tusk ruled it out instantly.

Comment

Tusk has already said fuck off with yer Brady.

Comment

Doomed. The 6th biggest economy in the world has voted to turn itself into Argentina.

Comment

Stinking rotten bastards. Fuck knows what happens to hospitals and medicine and food and everything else. Foodbanks for all (but they will have empty shelves).

Maybe my mum should try risk flying to ireland late March if she needs chemo. Let alone my dad if he will need insulin for his diabetes.

Comment

A curse on every leave voter, every Proud Unionist Tory or Slab areshole in Scotchland, every fucking Dupper bigot voting with their surname, every blasé golf club bore, every petit bourgeoise Oop North cunt. Blood on your hands.

Comment

Being in the UK at this time simply makes me feel European and like I just want these cunts to fuck off. It's tragic for a lot of people who I care about but this fucking country just needs to realise how fucking insignificant it is. Bunch of cunts.

(present company excepted, obv)

Comment

I get that it's a tempting feeling but for me it's incompatible with trying to help the weakest, and who will be the greatest victims of all this.

Comment

If Cooper had won, then I still think there was a possibility of stopping this or getting something Norwayesque. Now it's May's deal or no deal.

Comment

I think May has committed to taking her own deal off the table.

We are in End Times now.

Comment

No, I don't think so. May knows the EU are going to reject the backstop changes. So she's hoping she'll either get enough of a fudge to fool the ERG or (more likely) that enough Labour MPs will choose her deal over no deal.

Comment

I want out of this country / banana republic / wannabe tax haven.

Comment

I think we're now stuck between No Deal and a Unicorn Impossible Deal, in theory. Which I suspect is May's intention. Because it might force people to demand that she revert back the current withdrawal agreement when faced with those two alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                                            If Cooper had won, then I still think there was a possibility of stopping this or getting something Norwayesque. Now it's May's deal or no deal.
                                            Can't you get to Norway with May's deal?

Comment

Not while the Tories are in power.

Comment

Looking at some of those 14 who voted against Cooper. There are some outright fools, but a couple I don't know about. Stephen Hepburn in Jarrow has a mere 45% majority. What on earth is he thinking of? Even more ridiculous is Jim Fitzpatrick in Remain-supporting Poplar and Limehouse, where I'd venture the number of Bengali Brexiters has dwindled since they were told to fuck with their post- Brexit visa requests.

Comment

After agreeing to the Irish backstop, Theresa May’s government has now reneged on it. Why would anyone negotiate with her now?
                                                  source

Comment

I have met Jim Fitzpatrick fairly regularly over the past few years on work related stuff. He is an utter tosser. Untrustworthy fuck and horrible to try and work with.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X