No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So May's backing a hostile amendment to her own deal?

Comment

https://twitter.com/StewartWood/status/1090242240935542785

Comment

This is the most farcical session in Parliament I've ever seen.

She's just attacked the Grieve-Cooper extension on the basis that we've "only 59 days left".

Comment

Kind of rich May attacking an amendment for not offering positive solutions while backing one that just calls for "alternative arrangements".

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
            Kind of rich May attacking an amendment for not offering positive solutions while backing one that just calls for "alternative arrangements".
            Sylvia Hermon just made that point. She voted for May's deal, but I think she's going to vote against this nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
              The former Labour MP for Peterborough is off to jail. Wont help knife edge votes.
              Is there a voting pact policy as there is with maternity leave? If so then I suggest Jacob Rees-Mogg be sent to prison for an equal term to provide balance.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

Is there a voting pact policy as there is with maternity leave? If so then I suggest Jacob Rees-Mogg be sent to prison for an equal term to provide balance.
                Ha ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                  A few of the brighter ones have been defending the backstop. Do they vote for it? Not sure they do.
                  TBF, can't see Gyimah, Grieve, Allen etc voting for Brady.

Comment

Corbyn finally moving off the fence, announces Labour will back the Grieve amendment:

http://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1090252200230690819

Comment

Corbyn is only willing to extend A50 for 3 months. I'm not sure what could be achieved in that time, but it's obviously better than the Tory position of no extension at all.

Comment

To be fair, I doubt the EU27 would be willing to extend it longer either.

Comment

The EU elections are due to be held between 23rd-26th May. Extending Article 50 for 2 months or more would, presumably, cause electoral chaos. Would the UK elect MEPs?

Comment

Current legal opinion says not, but that it would have to hold an election if an extension goes past July.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                              Corbyn is only willing to extend A50 for 3 months. I'm not sure what could be achieved in that time, but it's obviously better than the Tory position of no extension at all.
                              I can see his point there, 9 months does look a lot like Cunningly Thwarting Brexit, which he's keen to avoid. I reckon he'd be better embracing a referendum because it's honest and easily understood, but I know not everyone agrees. And if it doesn't succeed, I think it'll be a handy future position when there's a clusterfuck that lots of voters will disown, even if they voted Leave.

Comment

I think this is a No.

https://twitter.com/sarahwollaston/status/1090265198445752321

Comment

So is Heidi Allen.And I presume Clarke and Soubry.

Comment

Wouldn't bet on Soubry, she of the "Labour should call a vote of no confidence I will not support".

Comment

Here's Priti Patel. She's backing the government. Does that mean the ERG are voting for Brady? They got some heat from other Tories. And May getting told to fuck off doesn't harm their hopes for No Deal.

Comment

Yes, the ERG are supporting Brady.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                                          Wouldn't bet on Soubry, she of the "Labour should call a vote of no confidence I will not support".
                                          Soubry's been the most consistent follower through. Of course she wouldn't vote down a Tory Government.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                            Yes, the ERG are supporting Brady.
                                            Cheers.

Ed Vaizey isn't voting for Brady. He really hates the ERG.

Comment

Lisa Nandy is voting for Cooper but has been knocking about with Trickett People who'll go mad if we don't leave quickly. She's got a majority of 16,000, it's silly to go there,

I think Nick Boles is voting against Brady. He said he agrees with Vaizey who was against it.

Comment

The Tories are an evil shabolic mess. They'll prob get a majority in the first election post no deal martial law given the acumen and nous of the Racist Island electorate.

I believe the paras are to be deployed in London re the no deal contingency plans. Mogg and co stopped the banning of Crossmaglen Sniper type rifles in a fit of pique. Mibees the games of the dreary steeples will be played out in the Great Wen one day soon.

Comment

Labour amendment lost by 31.

Here comes the SNP-Plaid amendment.

Comment

Grieve is No 3, so that should be the first nailbiter of the session.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X