The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by George C. View Post

I think they will unfortunately, if they don't get their full fat Brexit.
    If they vote for EDL-KIP, they'll be setting their votes on fire. Bully for the rest of us.

Comment

So the ERG is saying May has to explicitly say she will tell the EU27 that the WA itself must be amended.
      Last edited by DCI Harry Batt; 28-01-2019, 15:54.

Comment

https://twitter.com/eastantrimmp/status/1089899355346296832

Comment

Someone needs to make an angry Poo emoji for sammy wilson.

Comment

And now "sources" are saying the government is going to table its own anti-backstop amendment.

Comment

jesus fucking Christ.

Comment

Extremely disappointing to see Labour offering only token opposition to the immigration bill, which is an appalling piece of legislation that gives ministers - rather than parliament - the powers to change immigration law. We've come full circle to Harriet Harman in 2015. Harriet Harman, of course, along with other centrists like Anna Sourbry and Chris Leslie - are openly embracing "the politics of protest" that they so disdained and openly opposing the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarre Löw Triangle View Post
                  Extremely disappointing to see Labour offering only token opposition to the immigration bill, which is an appalling piece of legislation that gives ministers - rather than parliament - the powers to change immigration law. We've come full circle to Harriet Harman in 2015. Harriet Harman, of course, along with other centrists like Anna Sourbry and Chris Leslie - are openly embracing "the politics of protest" that they so disdained and openly opposing the bill.
                  It also appears they aren't guaranteed to support the Cooper amendment, either:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...dment-in-doubt

Comment

Jon Trickett.

“Over the weekend I was speaking to some people in my constituency. They weren’t actually people who voted for leave, though the majority of people in my constituency had voted for leave. What they said was, ‘people have struggled for the vote, people have died pursuing the vote. Other people have been sent to Australia or put in prison – and the vote actually is a precious thing, when you think about it,” Trickett said.

“What they said is, look, we voted remain, but we’ve had a vote: get on with it. And I think that probably does capture a large swath of opinion in the country. That’s how I feel about this amendment. I feel that it may look to people as if we’re trying to somehow remove the earlier decision, which was to Brexit.”
                    Where was this? Down the Fat Ox, at closing time?
                    Last edited by Tubby Isaacs; 28-01-2019, 17:28.

Comment

Trickett is a liar, obv.

Comment

That anecdote that supports his position is as timely and helpful as any anecdote told by Reagan in his pomp.

Comment

Actually, he does have a point that 9 months is probably too long in the Cooper bill.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                            That anecdote that supports his position is as timely and helpful as any anecdote told by Reagan in his pomp.
                            It's up there with the black man Cameron met just before the 2010 debates.

Comment

They've got this it'll be like the war mentality, by my reckoning the second world was finished 74 years ago so most of those either don't remember it or are talking shite with regards to empty shelves and rationing.

Most of the big retailers have come out to say that a no deal will lead to shortages.

This is bat shit crazy now, we're driving a car off a cliff and nobody is prepared to stop it.

Comment

Now May is telling Tories to back the Brady amendment, which the ERG is not going to vote for.

Why?

Comment

Why does she do anything?

Comment

it's what the Gods demand.

Cameron had to pass a referendum bill in 2014 because the Gods didn't think his referendum promise sounded devout enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarre Löw Triangle View Post
                                      Well, Corbyn is giving them an open goal.

This is all a sick joke. Demographics are too often relied upon but how do they expect to square the circle of a hard or no-deal Brexit with the fact Brexit’s staunchest supporters are literally dying of old age? The stabbed in the back myth is going to be from Remainers, not Brexiters.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                                        Why does she do anything?
                                        Every now and then I think I understand something, and then something else happens and no, no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post

Every now and then I think I understand something, and then something else happens and no, no idea.
                                          Every day she wakes up and does whatever it takes to make it to the end of the day,

Comment

Does Bastani or someone with cop on have any rationale for Labour abstaining on the immigration bill that doesn't involve racist pandering? It's a shocking neglect of duty and decency.

Scottish Labour membership has apparently halved since last year (though they are v cagey on how many actual members exist for Slab). This should help see to their extinction as a campaigning force outside bussing in "volunteers".
                                            Last edited by Lang Spoon; 28-01-2019, 19:29.

Comment

Is it as simple as this, May is going to try to get the dup and erc on board for whatever nonsense she dreams is possible. She'll push the vote through but it'll be rejected by the EU and because she's fucked about for 3 years we'll fall out of the EU with a no deal?

Comment

But the ERG had already said they wouldn't back this amendment before she told MPs she would whip support for it.

Comment

Ah, so she's bat shit crazy. Is it possible to get her sectioned?

Comment

It's a lucky dip Brexit:

http://twitter.com/iainjwatson/status/1089946126554484736

Comment

Working...
                                                    X