No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be rude not to renew for another 10 years right before the burgundy passports are retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
      Does that not cover the cost of producing new passports when current ones expire anyway?
      Surely the costs of actually producing the new cost is covered by a tiny fraction of the price you pay when applying for a new passport.

Comment

Black. The fucking passports were fucking well black.

Comment

The old British passports were had board covers with die-cuts on the front and glued on inside cover sheets. The format was also significantly larger than most current passports. Is this what they're returning to (which would be significantly more expensive to produce) or will the new one just have a blue, instead of red, flexible cover? Exactly like Canada and the US.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
            Black. The fucking passports were fucking well black.
            They were dark navy (I'm looking at my last one, issued in 1966)

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
              Won't it be valid until expiry without the need for a new one?
              It says "European Union" on it, Guy. Even if it is valid, foaming fuckwit Brexiteers will make sure we all have to get a blue one, because SOVEREIGNTY. Or something.

Comment

They seemed to get darker just before accession

i can see why TonTon calls this black.

Comment

Yeah it is very dark navy. You pretty much have to put it next to something that is black — like a moleskin notebook — to see that it's actually blue.

Comment

Only priests are allowed black passports. Everybody else has to have very, very, very, very, very, very, very dark blue.

Comment

Hmmm, I've got my first passport from 1981 -- identical to the picture posted by ursus except for the PA in the bottom right hand corner is missing from mine -- and putting it alongside anything that is black then I can see that it is black. Perhaps the colour was changed over the intervening period from mid-'60s to early '80s or maybe some slight difference in the colour of the batches.

Comment

A Panelbase poll puts support for Scottish independence at 49%:

https://wingsoverscotland.com/anybodys-game/

Comment

The Scots are a lost cause

Comment

It’s the 19% of Yes voters from 2014 that have switched to no since Brexit that really fuck with my head. What kind of fucking idiot would you have to be to think staying part of Britain outside the EU is better than Independence within the EU? Sillars style eejit Lexit pensioners, wankers whose nationalism was less civic, joyous and more like any White Van Man dahn sahf, mibbees some people are just irredeemable idiots.
                            Last edited by Lang Spoon; 23-12-2017, 01:06.

Comment

The same people who switched from Obama to Trump, but with different accents

Comment

At least some of those trump voters thought they were sticking it to the man.

Comment

Yeah they were black, the most recent non-red passports. Actual black.

Comment

John Redwood's festive fairy tale is quite something.

Comment

Originally posted by Southport Zeb View Post
                                      Only priests are allowed black passports. Everybody else has to have very, very, very, very, very, very, very dark blue.
                                      Hurray!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                        It’s the 19% of Yes voters from 2014 that have switched to no since Brexit that really fuck with my head. What kind of fucking idiot would you have to be to think staying part of Britain outside the EU is better than Independence within the EU? Sillars style eejit Lexit pensioners, wankers whose nationalism was less civic, joyous and more like any White Van Man dahn sahf, mibbees some people are just irredeemable idiots.
                                        It's not that weird. If you were into leaving the EU in 2014 you voted for independence. if you wanted to vote to stay in the EU you voted to remain in the union.

Comment

Would independence have resulted in leaving the EU?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                            Would independence have resulted in leaving the EU?
                                            Yes, as membership was held in the UK's name - but re-admission would have been fast-tracked, as Scotland would be fully compliant with the acquis - same would apply to Catalonia.

Comment

Probably almost definitely. Though I’d imagine they would have been parked in the EEA for a while till Spain got told to fuck off.

Comment

Robbie Gibb‏Verified account
                                                @RobbieGibb
                                                Follow Follow @RobbieGibb
                                                More
                                                Fake news harms our democracy. Those who would deliberately misrepresent public policy for political gain - be it passports or animal sentience - should be called out.
                                                Newly recruited from the BBC to lie for Theresa May.

Comment

John Redwood‏
                                                  @johnredwood
                                                  Follow Follow @johnredwood
                                                  'Grandma told Little Red, white and blue riding hood she needed to be very careful not to encounter the big EU wolf who these days prowled freely in their local area. She was to rush to her Grandmother’s without delay.'
                                                  No idea either.

Is he muddling it up with the Boy Who Cried Wolf, or something?

Comment

Is Redwood an evil cynical bastard or just one of those asocial True Believers that cant see beyond their cum stained Free To Choose paperback as the Way the Truth and the Life?

I guess the way I feel about Friedman and Hayek is how the right and the Rifkind/Deerin/Iain Smart Sensibles view Marx. Poisonous cancers to the body politic. Their followers at best useless, more often dangerous.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X