No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unsurprisingly, it seems the S*n don't have the slightest clue about Irish politics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/tnewtondu...07149896241152

Comment

It's not impossible that they're doing some relatively straight reporting of what idiot Ministers are saying.

Comment

Fuckin Leo wore a poppy in the Dail last week. If they really believe there is a SF FG plot, fuck sake. Imagine how bananas they’ll go when the Shinners are finally in coalition in Hibernia Superior?

Comment

Roger Helmer @RogerHelmerMEP
          Brexit: No one ever promised "£350m a week" to the NHS. The Leave campaign said we should save that amount to spend on our own priorities, like for example the NHS.
          Yeah, that's the issue, Mr Logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
            Fuckin Leo wore a poppy in the Dail last week. If they really believe there is a SF FG plot, fuck sake. Imagine how bananas they’ll go when the Shinners are finally in coalition in Hibernia Superior?
            Superior means "Upper".

Comment

The first two tweets under that Sun article are from the Irish minister for foreign affairs, and john Fingleton, the former head of the UK competition authority (Irish competition authority, and my lecturer in college, who inadvertantly outed himself to everyone in a send all email.) oh wait, just after them, there's a professor from TCD.
              Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 11-11-2017, 18:36.

Comment

Not that Lord Ashcroft is the most reliable, but interesting anyway. Look at the figure for general population there. But Tories still think we're going to win.

Comment

Johnson and Gove tell May what to do

Their analysis has been faultless so far.

Comment

Oh for a couple of Airey Neave unfortunate hits of unpleasantness from begrudging 6 county remoaners. Probably the only way of unseating Johnson short of him being caught with a dead prozy in the back of his Range Rover.

Like when the Basque mad pricks blew Blanco’s car sky high and fucked the planned Francoist succession, you’d need a heart of stone not to laugh.

Comment

Wales and Cornwall are the most deprived areas in Britain, so naturally, they voted Leave. I'm guessing many of the yellow areas also did so:

https://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comm...egards_to_the/

Comment

Great piece by Fintan O'Toole

We have been witnessing a very English farce, but one with a wholly new twist. In this version of Fawlty Towers, it is not Manuel the stereotypical foreigner who goes around saying: “Qué?” and: “I know nawthing!” It is the all-too-English Basil, acting out a pantomime of feigned perplexity.

Comment

Brexit pin up, Sir James Dyson, fleshes out his vision. It's not quite what it said on the bus.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...ef=uk-homepage

Billionaire businessman Sir James Dyson has said it is time to walk away from negotiations with the EU and a post-Brexit Britain should scrap corporation tax and make it easier to hire and fire workers.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                            Wales and Cornwall are the most deprived areas in Britain, so naturally, they voted Leave. I'm guessing many of the yellow areas also did so:

https://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comm...egards_to_the/
                            Bloody hell, that is a bleak map for Wales. Surprised to see Orkney and Shetland in yellow, but maybe they are too small not to be lumped in with the Highlands. That’s a fair chunk of yellow I didn’t expect to see in Denmark either.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                              Brexit pin up, Sir James Dyson, fleshes out his vision. It's not quite what it said on the bus.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...ef=uk-homepage
                              What a prick. Scratch a “visionary entrepreneur”, pure evil seeps out.

Comment

If Dyson really carried about middle England or little Britain or whatever the hell be thinks he represents he'd manufacture in the UK but no he manufactures where labour is cheap and workers have few rights.

Comment

Dyson is a monumental shithouse.

Comment

Astonished he managed to earn that much money from a vacuum cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                      What a prick. Scratch a “visionary entrepreneur”, pure evil seeps out.
                                      Particularly a visionary entrepreneur who supports Brexit. Plebiscite democracy and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                        Astonished he managed to earn that much money from a vacuum cleaner.
                                        He saved a fair amount by moving production outside the UK, the massive, hypocritical arsepiece.

Comment

He does extremely well out of farm subsidies too, which he strongly opposes being reduced.

Comment

Let me guess, Norfolk US Mid West style mega monoculture farm? Sure, it’s not like the Dutch know anything with pretty much exactly the same environmental conditions with their carefully planned mixed use agriculture, keeping trees and hedges to stop the topsoil blowing into the sea, silly Europeans.
                                            Last edited by Lang Spoon; 12-11-2017, 18:27.

Comment

Will farmers be the new sacred cow voting block after pensioners post-Brexit? The Welfare State has to be dismantled, sorry about that, but now the farmers have Jose Bove amounts of power in this new Autarchy with no Ireland as handy meat and dairy basket, got to keep the Welfare State going for the horny handed sons of the soil.
                                              Well, until the NZ/US trade deals anyways.

Comment

John Redwood advises investors to back, sorry, back out of the UK. If I was feeling forgotten, I'd be hugely reassured to know that people like him and Dyson have got my back.

Comment

I’m in severe danger of expiring from apoplexy every story I read on this self inflicted shitnova. Shouldn't the slithery bastard be accused of Treachery by the Mail tomorrow?

Comment

Don't hold your breath on that one...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X