X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't see that coming.

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexSalmo...14063156318208

Dunno the best place to put this, but fuck sake Salmond, just fuck off and retire you sad fuck. Being an LBC Jock is bad enough, as is appearing in RT shows. But having his own show on RT at the same time he is casting himself as an impartial white knight that will save The Scotsman, what an absolute arse.

I kind of hope he is the other figure under investigation for sexual harassment/assault in the SNP. Well him or Angus McNeill. Pair of eejits.

To think he seemed dignified and statesmanlike with his FM resignation after the Indyref. Him and Tasmina Ahmed Sheikh rooting up the business for him since he was kicked out in the election, it’s grubby and demeaning and pathetic.
      Last edited by Lang Spoon; 09-11-2017, 20:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
        The famous British coffee crop will thrive after Brexit, naturally:

https://mobile.twitter.com/luchinluc...81416648151040
        Words fail me at this point. I think I'm slowly losing the will to live (here).

https://www.crazycatcoffee.co.uk/ful...style-j9eabxq8

3 Bean Brexit Blend Ground Coffee

We needed a slightly darker roast for our Brexit Blend to get us through the next 2 years! so it's a medium strength 4.

The overwhelmingly glowing reviews on Amazon are something else too. Sad thing is, I’m not even sure they are fake…

I also like the patriotic packaging - very stand out!

Great taste...would buy again. Funny label.

My new favourite, bought some more in case as a special edition it disappears!

Love the name Brexit Blend - very funny. I have bought a couple of bags for friends as birthday presents.

Delicious!The clue is in the name! You will not be disappointed!

As per the description, this is non-bitter, unlike 48% of the country.
        Last edited by Pérou Flaquettes; 09-11-2017, 23:04.

Comment

Comment

May has now written something in the Telegraph that she's going to put the leave date into law. Has she completely lost the plot or is she just so weak and vulnerable that she'll do anything to appease?

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
              May has now written something in the Telegraph that she's going to put the leave date into law. Has she completely lost the plot or is she just so weak and vulnerable that she'll do anything to appease?
              As so often Groundhog Day has the answer

Comment

Strange headline this, given that anybody paying attention has been expecting this since the negotiations began.

Comment

I've given up. The people have spoken. I criticized Corbyn before for being too accepting of Hard Brexit but he might have been far-sighted in that. People don't seem to want to be rescued from it.

Of course, he might step in with Soft Brexit and rescue the day. But I won't be too harsh on him if he doesn't.

Comment

May incredibly has improved her position on best PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                      I've given up. The people have spoken.
                      Likewise. I've started looking at jobs in Ireland, Germany, anything that might be feasible. There really isn't anything for me here any more.

Comment

Don't be daft Tubby. And please don't give up the fight.
                        Firstly you can't have too much faith in polling methodologies. Secondly Corbyn will do much better when election laws on coverage are in place, and Momentum and Labour activists are getting the vote out. Thirdly things are so volatile that no-one knows what's coming next.

Comment

You're right, Nef.

Labour winning the next election is very much on. It's what they'll have to work with I'm worried about.

Comment

But I'm heartened by my predictions being variable.

Comment

I wasn't even thinking about Corbyn/Labour since I know that you have mixed feeling about him.

I think Corbyn makes Brexit less likely, and that even sections of the City would probably prefer no Brexit with Corbyn and McDonnell than Brexit with Liam Fox and Steve Baker and Jacob Rees Mogg

Comment

I think Corbyn makes Brexit less likely, and that even sections of the City would probably prefer no Brexit with Corbyn and McDonnell than Brexit with Liam Fox and Steve Baker and Jacob Rees Mogg
                                This is not my experience from talking to people in the City. They generally think Brexit is stupid, but they despise Corbyn and McDonnell.

Comment

Ah well- fuck' em then.

Comment

With Corbyn it was mostly baggage I had a problem with, Nef. Still he makes gaffes, as I see it, but not like May does, or Cameron did. But he's mostly very good now.

I wish he were doing Brexit, not May.

Comment

Labour 43-40 up in a yougov poll, to be fair.

Comment

With Corbyn it was mostly baggage I had a problem with, Nef. Still he makes gaffes, as I see it, but not like May does, or Cameron did. But he's mostly very good now.

I wish he were doing Brexit, not May.
                                        Thanks Tubby, that's very generous of you, given the stick you have taken from some on here (including me).

Comment

Labour 43-40 up in a yougov poll, to be fair.
                                          That 40 percent are still prepared to vote for this government is scarcely credible.

Groundhog Day has a quote for this situation too

You know, people like blood sausage too. People are morons.

Comment

I think it's just voting on (perceived) class interest lines, in what might be described as an old-school way. The Tories' doggedly high poll rating reflects the number of people who see their interests to be threatened by a Corbyn government – older people, richer people, racists and xenophobes – and it doesn't matter what shambolic carry-on unfolds in Westminster.

The Tories' ratings would be lower if Corbyn wasn't leader, but so would Labour's, as the party's spirit and confidence –*for all its ongoing internal fractiousness – has been hauled off the floor since 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                              Thanks Tubby, that's very generous of you, given the stick you have taken from some on here (including me).
                                              Nah, you got it more right than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                                That 40 percent are still prepared to vote for this government is scarcely credible.
                                                Congruent with Trump's immovable 30% base. They'd rather be perceived as stupid than wrong.

Comment

The Tories are losing some middle class support. Lardihno on the Trump thread talked about the effect on Republicans of doing that. You lose people who vote in all elections. Could be a long term problem on the way.

I don't know whether their slightly increased C2DE supporters will stick around after Brexit bollocks.

Comment

EU recommends that the North should remain in the Single Market:

https://mobile.twitter.com/oconnellh...45941171097601

Comment

Working...
                                                    X