No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's Norgrove and another leaver called Pete North who clearly know a fair bit. Plus Richard North.

I can't work out why they're leavers.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
      So we're going to drop out of everything and directly approach the Venetians and the Hanseatic League, dangling our fine wools in front of them as bait? Jesus.
      I'm sure the Medici bank can loan us the necessary. It's nor as if the country has ever caused them problems before.

Comment

I was going to say something along the lines of "well I hope leave voters are proud of all this", but then I realised they probably are.

We're pretty fucked at this point.

Comment

I hope the Treasury is preparing for a No Deal Brexit, because that's what we're getting unless Davis, Fox and Johnson are sacked and Hammond takes over negotiations.

Comment

It would also be consistent with the theory that elements within the government WANT to engineer a no-deal stalemate which they can blame on the foreigns for political gain.

Comment

Easiest way is to sack Johnson, or move him to party chairman or something. Davis could be Foreign Secretary, and somebody like Greg Clark put into Dexeu. Clark did the talks with carmakers earlier and was sane enough to ensure them.

Whether they are still reassured, is a different question.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                It would also be consistent with the theory that elements within the government WANT to engineer a no-deal stalemate which they can blame on the foreigns for political gain.
                That's certainly possible. Notable that the one who wants a deal most is the money man, Hammond.

Comment

If I hear the words "the will of the British people" once more I think I'll chew my own ears off.

Comment

I don't know how long they can do the "foreigners and remainers" schtick for, really. There was probably a snap election win in it, but they can't pull that one again.

Comment

They haven't got much else in their locker at the moment though have they?

Comment

They haven't. More QE from the Bank to help them out? I don't know how much more of that they can do.

I meant they couldn't pull the snap election again. They can certainly pull the nativist rubbish for a while.

Comment

DUP about to vote against them on NHS pay

Comment

It's a symbolic vote, isn't it?

The DUP know which side their bread's buttered on. General election and their £1bn is nicely up for grabs.

Comment

Guido Fawkes fingers Nick "scourge of Tory governments" Robinson. Perhaps the reason he's not tweeting positive stuff is that it isn't going very well.

Comment

Irish Border latest.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                                  Guido Fawkes fingers Nick "scourge of Tory governments" Robinson. Perhaps the reason he's not tweeting positive stuff is that it isn't going very well.

Arch-Tory Nick Robinson?

Comment

Yep, that notorious Tory hater.

With the repeal bill, there's been a fair bit of talk about the rule of law. Enter Richard Burgon to screw up an interview about unions obeying the law. I'm not bothered what McCluskey said, he can speak for his union as he sees fit. But the Lord Chancellor (who Burgon is shadowing) takes an oath to uphold the law. Basic stuff.

Comment

Brexit liars now claiming we escaped being part of an "EU Army", which we could have vetoed, and others likely will.

Is that even what Juncker said? Defence Union.

Comment

James Dyson speaks from his "I'm alright Jack" isolationist bubble.

Comment

On the radio this morning Dyson said his company already traded with the EU on WTO terms. Could there be any truth in that whatsoever?

Comment

Distribution as well as production of Dyson stuff is done from Malaysia, so it won't be internal EU trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                              Distribution as well as production of Dyson stuff is done from Malaysia, so it won't be internal EU trade.
                                              Aha, thanks for that.

Comment

Ha ha ha ha.

Murdoch Jnr says the UK should accept the Sky deal because it needs investment, what with Brexit.

Comment

Seems a curious case to make, even from a free-enterprise perspective: accept uncompetitive monopolisation of industry to make Britain boom!

Comment

Monopolies in free markets are fine, as long as you have the monopoly. Otherwise it needs state intervention to ensure a level playing ground.

That's it, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X