The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monkey Harris, surely.

Is Murdoch losing his confidence in Brexit? Newton-Dunn doesn't sound on board. And story today about not having enough trade negotiators for other deals.

Comment

Well, he had his fun whipping up Brexit and now he gets to have his fun whipping up the outcry against it. It's always been good for business.

Comment

Not sure it's very easy for The Sun to do that.

Comment

A timely reminder that this lot had 3 or 4 years without being challenged properly.

Earlier...

Comment

From Bloomberg.

The European Union’s deputy Brexit negotiator told German lawmakers that she’s skeptical talks with the U.K. will be able to move on to trade in October, according to two people present at the closed-door briefing.

Sabine Weyand briefed a special session of the European Affairs committee of the lower house, or Bundestag, in Berlin on Monday, and told lawmakers that no movement had been made in the key areas under discussion, those who attended the hearing said.

Comment

Least surprising news ever. There is zero chance the talks will move on to trade in October. My political predictions are invariably terrible, but seriously, what material progress has been made? They haven't even agreed the basis of the exit bill, let alone the quantum. The biggest thing that anyone has claimed there has been progress on is healthcare/pensions for current migrants, which is about as simple as it gets.

Comment

Does Sabine Weyland have a nickname? Dominic Lawson is on the case.

I like Sabine The Shark. Or Weyland The Wolfwoman.
                Last edited by Tubby Isaacs; 05-09-2017, 17:15.

Comment

Judging by this on the future of EU immigration, the EU negotiators might as well go home, and pronounce no deal now.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-eu-immigrants

Comment

Faisal Islam‏Verified account
                    @faisalislam
                    Davis to Redwood: "N. Sea nations particularly - all know impact of No Deal on their economies wd be dramatic, more dramatic than for us"
                    Right yeah. These "North Sea nations" have more of their trade with us alone than we alone do with the whole EU.

Comment

And that dribbling fool Kenny Farqhuarson is talking about how the new "softer approach" to Brexit by the U.K. is going to force Sturgeon to change her tune on Brexit. These fatuous wanks really ought to look beyond their own backyard and U.K. briefings. Mind you, this is the same cunt who was peddling the idea early summer that Great Progress had been made on the Irish Question and that was all hunky dory, deal in the bag (his Irish contacts must be either liars, West Brit Big house wanks or non-existent). But then he also appeared to be under the impression that would be sorted out as a bilateral Brit/Taig negotiation. They still don't get they are negotiating with 27 on every issue.

Comment

Am I missing something here?

The "Germany has a trade surplus with us" argument was bollocks, but it was plausible if you'd never heard of percentages. But where on earth has this come from?

Comment

Maybe Scotland is one of the North Sea nations doing worse out of Brexit?

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                            Judging by this on the future of EU immigration, the EU negotiators might as well go home, and pronounce no deal now.

I have family and friends in the UK so I struggle with saying this but I really really hope the UK economy just completely tanks. Fuck these cunts. There is no salvation to anyone supporting Brexit. Fuck them all. Scum

Comment

Faisal Islam‏Verified account
                              @faisalislam
                              Bernard Jenkin says that Davis should wait until after the German elections and Chancellor Merkel's full attention to Brexit...
                              Who could have foreseen we'd be wasting a load of time while the most powerful country in the EU held elections?

Comment

I'm with ad hoc, at least until (if now again a distant hypothetical sadly) Scotland ever wakes up and says get tae fuck with the rest of Racist island.
                                Last edited by Lang Spoon; 05-09-2017, 22:10.

Comment

I'm with Ad Hoc too.

Comment

Mibees when the resource draining leather skinned unintegrated Ex pats on the costas get rounded up and deported as we would do to our young and productive EU migrants, maybe then folk will wake up and say enough. But nah, will be the fault of the dirty spics

Comment

I don't think they'll get away with that. It'll be May/Davis/whoever with their signature on the dotted line. It would be like Norman Lamont blaming "the markets" for Black Wednesday.

Comment

More and more that apocryphal Vietnam war quote about destroying the village in order to save it sounds like the only way out. Not something i rejoice in, my life is here, at least for the medium term but...

Comment

I keep coming back to the old boxing joke. The challenger rushed out of his corner and landed a brilliant head butt on the champion's right fist.

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
                                            Just seen that it says 'You may not post attachments' in my permissions. So you'll have to wait a bit for the Viz take.
                                            With AdC's help on another topic, I think I've finally gotten how to do this, you'll all be very pleased to know.

Here goes.

Worth the wait, eh?

Comment

Looks like Mays big announcement leaked.

In summary - "Foreigner? Fuck off, then."

Comment

Was Guy Verhofstadt referring to this, you think?

Comment

Is the plan to deter EU immigrants by having a currency that's worth almost nothing?

Comment

And not very much growth.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X