No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit Means: Leaving Single Market, Customs Union European Court of Justice

sw2bureau wrote: Why do I keep calling him Davies when it's Davis?
    There's another MP, David TC Davies (Con, Monmouth). He's the thickest of the lot.

Comment

Tubby Isaacs wrote: Just in time.

They're not going to honour anything if they lose money. Nor should they.
      Indeed. And then there are the tariffs, which will be the deal breaker on day 1.

Comment

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
        Originally posted by sw2bureau
        Why do I keep calling him Davies when it's Davis?
        There's another MP, David TC Davies (Con, Monmouth). He's the thickest of the lot.
        I'm not having that. Philip Davies, Shipley is the worst Davi(e)s

Comment

He's probably nastier but I think David TC Davies is thicker

Comment

Never could stand Hunter Davies' stuff either. Name's got bad juju.

Comment

Lang Spoon wrote: Never could stand Hunter Davies' stuff either. Name's got bad juju.
              He's a dick as well. From Carlisle when it suits him, and only then. He knew the Beatles dontcha know.

Comment

I bet his favourite Beatles album is "Pepper" (I hate when people call it that). Dullard.

Comment

Clearly it should be Magical Mystery Tour.

Comment

Indubitably.

Comment

I'm not having that, on this side of the pond Magical Mystery Tour was an E.P., and I'm very fond of it because it was the first record ever bought for me and had a wonderful cartoon inlay that fascinated me for years. I'm with you on "Pepper", though. The less time they spent in the studio, the better the album. (I admit this is probably a minority view.) This is probably not the right place to discuss it, mind.

Comment

Though Revolution No 9 seems apposite.

Comment

Nothing with Hello, Goodbye on it could really be my favourite album. Apart from that though, it's a wee belter. I guess cos it's a and b sides mostly. The White Album or Abbey Road depending on how I feel are my Best of The Beatles. Though Maxwell's Bastard Hammer is a pure bastard of a song. At least Honey Pie is an immaculate pointless pastiche.

Re. No. 9, and vaguely on topic, Block that Kick! I dare ya Theresa...

Comment

Unlikely Ireland would play this card, but if May is determined to exit EEA, perhaps we should opt-in to Schengen?

Comment

David Davies - crap FA spokesperson, ghosted Glenn Hoddle book.

Magical Mystery Tour was a Double EP, to be strictly accurate/pedantic.

Comment

Diable Rouge wrote: Unlikely Ireland would play this card, but if May is determined to exit EEA, perhaps we should opt-in to Schengen?
                                The only reason the Republic is not in Schengen is to prevent a hard border with NI.

If the Tories are going to thrust a hard border upon Ireland anyway, then theres no reason Ireland shouldn't join Schengen.

Comment

More sovereignty, this time courtesy of the European Council guidelines:
                                  Arrangements ensuring legal certainty and equal treatment should be found for all court procedures pending before the Court of Justice of the European Union upon the date of withdrawal that involve the United Kingdom or natural or legal persons in the United Kingdom. The Court of Justice of the European Union should remain competent to adjudicate in these procedures. Similarly, arrangements should be found for administrative procedures pending before the European Commission and Union agencies upon the date of the withdrawal that involve the United Kingdom or natural or legal persons in the United Kingdom. In addition, arrangements should be foreseen for the possibility of administrative or court proceedings to be initiated post-exit for facts that have occurred before the withdrawal date.

Comment

It seems that the UK sent a "clarification" after the Article 50 letter, saying that security had been misinterpreted as a bargaining chip

They've had nine months to get that letter right, and couldn't even do that.

Comment

The editors of the Sun and Mail (who probably didn't have to rely on just the letter) "misunderstood" too.

Economy still growing well. Brexiters still been taking out credit card debt because Germans want to sell us BMWs. Maybe some of the loans are for BMWs.

Comment

It seems that the UK sent a "clarification" after the Article 50 letter, saying that security had been misinterpreted as a bargaining chip

They've had nine months to get that letter right, and couldn't even do that.
                                        ]

I think this might be a bit more like "The Rent Stays like before." scene from godfather II.

Comment

Tom Newton Dunn (chief Murdoch bag carrier to the Gvt) just tweeted that the EU want to give Spain a veto on all matters relating to Gibraltar.

I believe the phrase is "LOLs into a cabbage".

Comment

Snake Plissken wrote: Tom Newton Dunn (chief Murdoch bag carrier to the Gvt) just tweeted that the EU want to give Spain a veto on all matters relating to Gibraltar.

I believe the phrase is "LOLs into a cabbage".
                                            The exact wording.

Comment

But I'm sure Spain wants to sell us package holidays, so everything will be all right.

I'm going to make sure I go on holiday to every country in the EU that hardballs us.

Comment

Someone tell HMRC to stop talking Britain down

Comment

And it's not as if HMRC has a good track record on project management when it isn't being asked to do the impossible.

Comment

There's a line in there about 30mile tailbacks out of Dover that caught the eye.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X