No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit Means: Leaving Single Market, Customs Union European Court of Justice

johnr wrote:
    Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs
    I'll send it some time, John, after I've watched the 2nd series again.

I think MPs need to block Article 50 until something better than "tax haven Britain" comes up. I think there's enough cover for that.
    That's very kind of you (though I wasn't hinting!).
    Actually, just got the dvd from Amazon, couldn't wait...thanks all the same.

As you were, everybody.

Comment

Whoever the new speccy economics twat is on the Beeb post Peston, he's giving the impression the EU is stopping all trade at all with territories outwith the EU that would suddenly be opened up when we are in the sunny uplands of Brexitannia. Nothing about goods standardization, basically fuck all real analysis.

Maybe Britain really does need a good war. Inside its borders. Start at the Beeb's SE enclave in Manchester.

Comment

johnr wrote:
        Originally posted by johnr
        Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs
        I'll send it some time, John, after I've watched the 2nd series again.

I think MPs need to block Article 50 until something better than "tax haven Britain" comes up. I think there's enough cover for that.
        That's very kind of you (though I wasn't hinting!).
        Actually, just got the dvd from Amazon, couldn't wait...thanks all the same.

As you were, everybody.
        Enjoy it!

Comment

Those racist old speak your brains bastards the BBC just interviewed in Boston will never wake up. Britain is apparently big enough to survive Brexit. Do these twats think they live in the States or something, instead of a middling sized place with fuck all exports?

We're already getting our first dose of inflation. I hope LukeR is still happy he's taking his country back. Stupid is.

Comment

They think those Polish food processors and farm workers are going to disappear, and the locals will be back to lying in bed turning down telephone number salaries?

Comment

The good old days of the 50s and 60s where every adult Briton had a job for life, working 9 to 5, with 40 days annual leave, good sick pay, solid gold pensions, guaranteed high quality housing, maternity and paternity leave rights. Working good, honest jobs. Not shitty jobs, where you had to be up at 4 in the morning to get the harvest, not shitty jobs down a mine where conditions were utterly miserable. No, great high quality jobs for skilled artisans, but not educated ponces doing fancy computer or finance stuff, real jobs for real men. We'll have 40 million of those jobs in no time at all now the Poles aren't stealing them all.

Comment

Jim Sillars isn't very bright, is he? Whadabout China, it's outside the Single Market. And whadabout GCHQ #Russianhacking.

Comment

Tubby Isaacs wrote: Jim Sillars isn't very bright, is he? Whadabout China, it's outside the Single Market. And whadabout GCHQ #Russianhacking.
                  He's a good man, but he's out of shape. A massive pity the great Margo McDonald isn't still around to knock some sense into him.

Comment

Julia HB on Newsnight is making my right eyelid twitch wildly.

Said it before and I'll say it again, some people should die, that's just unconscious knowledge.

Comment

johnr wrote:
                      Originally posted by Gerontophile
                      Johnr: first episode begins here.

3 parter, links to following parts on the right of that page.
                      Gero, thank you very much, I might be on that after Lincoln v Ipswich.
                      Both were astonishingly good entertainment.

Comment

This is a decent summary of the position Labour are in, and what they might do

Comment

This whole damned thing is really stretching the "belief in democracy" concept, isn't it. I mean, we all (I presume) like to think we "believe in democracy", but when the public vote for something as fucking stupid as this, and only now realise that actually they weren't voting for a pound that was 25% less in value, or the removal of free visas to go on holidays to Spain - because all they were actually voting for was kicking all the immigrants out of the country, and guess what, that isn't happening either - then you have to despair.

On the up side, we haven't given the fucking idiots a referendum on the death penalty.

Comment

Wait until we leave the ECHR as well, Rogin.

Comment

Lang Spoon wrote: I hope LukeR is still happy he's taking his country back. Stupid is.
                              I am yes. OTF will always be one of the first places I look on days like this. Not just so I can laugh at wankers. There's the odd bit of interesting stuff from decent enough people that sensibly reigns in this constant, glorious win feeling.

Comment

Fascinating response as ever.

Comment

Luke R wrote:
                                  Originally posted by Lang Spoon
                                  I hope LukeR is still happy he's taking his country back. Stupid is.
                                  I am yes. OTF will always be one of the first places I look on days like this. Not just so I can laugh at wankers. There's the odd bit of interesting stuff from decent enough people that sensibly reigns in this constant, glorious win feeling.
                                  Hope you're still laughing in two years, cuntychops. WINNING!

Comment

http://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/the_problem_with_the_english_england_doesn_t_want_ to_be_just_another_member_of_a_team_1_4851882?utm_ source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social_Icon&utm_campaign =in_article_social_icons

Dunno about this really, but maybe it's onto something.

Comment

Yeap, see the bottom of page 2 of this thread.

Comment

Rogin the Armchair fan wrote: This whole damned thing is really stretching the "belief in democracy" concept, isn't it. I mean, we all (I presume) like to think we "believe in democracy", but when the public vote for something as fucking stupid as this, [...] then you have to despair.
                                        Depending on what you mean by that phrase, I don't "believe in democracy" anymore. 2016 most definitely convinced me that direct democracy is a bad idea.

Comment

Comment

Hilarious front pages. Nobody understands the difference between mouthing off and an agreement. The "threat" of not doing a deal, FFS. Who''s she been learning from? Alex Tsipras?

Comment

Die Welt was the best front page I saw

Comment

It was great. Can't do links from here. Somebody?

Comment

Comment

The best front page is the times one I couldn't link to. It's Theresa may wandering around dressed like a member of the bay city rollers had a kid with a demented harlequin,

Comment

Working...
                                                    X